Guatemala vs Guyana near me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guatemala vs Guyana near me

GUYANA VS. GUATEMALA OPENS EL PATRÓN INTERNATIONAL SOCCER SERIES AT KSU SOCCER STADIUM
    by Atlanta Beat - Press Release
    10/21/2010 - 11:19 a.m.

The match marks the first men’s international friendly held at the brand-new, 8,300 seat soccer-specific stadium which functions as a primarily home to the Atlanta Beat of WPS and the KSU Owls NCAA Division-I women’s soccer program.

KENNESAW, GA (October 21, 2010) - The Atlanta Beat of Women’s Professional Soccer joined the Guatemalan General Consul and Vice President of the Guyana Association of Georgia at a press conference today announcing the opening match of the El Patron International Soccer Series which kicks-off Saturday, Nov. 17 at 7:30 p.m. EST featuring Guatemala against Guyana at Kennesaw State University Soccer Stadium.

The match marks the first men’s international friendly held at the brand-new, 8,300 seat soccer-specific stadium which functions as a primarily home to the Atlanta Beat of WPS and the KSU Owls NCAA Division-I women’s soccer program.

“As we announce the first high-level men’s soccer game at KSU Soccer Stadium featuring senior national teams from Guatemala and Guyana, we welcome the first of many exciting match-ups in the El Patron International Soccer Series,” said Scott Spencer, Atlanta Beat Director of Special Events. “Guatemala and Guyana will showcase a perfect mix of Latin American and Caribbean cultures.”

Tickets to the event start at $24 and go on sale to the public Thursday, Oct. 21 at Noon EST through www.theatlantabeat.com and at the KSU Soccer Stadium ticket office (open Monday-Friday 10 a.m. ET to 5 p.m. ET). Groups of 20 or more receive a special discount by calling 678-297-4780.

Both teams are competing well on the international stage with Guatemala rated No. 122 in the current FIFA/Coca-Cola World Rankings and Guyana just ahead at No. 98. These countries also rank among the top 20 in Continental rankings with Guyana at No. 8 and Guatemala at No. 14.

“This is the coming together of two Latin American countries: one representing South America and the other representing Central America,” said Austin Thompson, Jr., Vice President of the Guyana Association of Georgia.

“With the Guyana versus Guatemala game, this is an opportunity for us to now facilitate a bond between our diverse communities in the spirit of sport,” he continued. “Not only is this also an opportunity to showcase soccer but it is opportunity to help promote the new stadium in Kennesaw.”

El Patron, 105.3 FM of Clear Channel Radio, is the official Title Sponsor for matches featuring major clubs and full national teams at KSU Soccer Stadium.

“As the Hispanic voice of our community, we are exited to launch this partnership,” said Raffy Contigo, Program Director for El Patron. “We have waited a long time to bring great international soccer to our listeners, and we anticipate strong participation from our audience, turning into a great advertising opportunity for our clients.”

“We look forward to not only delivering soccer in 2011 but to also branching out into other events and festivals that target the Hispanic community.”

Guatemala last played in Atlanta on Saturday April, 20, 2005, when they faced Jamaica. The Guyanese will venture to the Southern capital having never before competed on U.S. soil.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Are you going to the match Sass? Don't Jamaica did give Guyana 6-0 one time? I think them better than that now doh.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I am thinking about it. I told the wife I would take her to Jeffery Osbourne, Peebo Bryson and Freddy Jackson concert, and that is only a few days later and if me go mi may have to carry the boys so I have to think about.

Guyana has improved and is now ranked in FIFA top 100.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

the concert is a better bet IMO.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle, I figured you for a "50 Cent", "Kanye West", "Lady Gaga" kind of dude, not old school like "Jeffery Osbourne, Peebo Bryson and Freddy Jackson". Were you born when dem was on top in the seventies/eighties? He, he...
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

What????!!!! Fitty Cents???? You need to hang out more on the Everything Jamaica Forum more often and see me fling down big chunes. Just ask Gamma bout my repertoire. Last year we had a sound clash and mi duss out the whole a dem sound bwoy.... Lazie, Gamma, Assasin, Mosiah.......Don't EVER make that mistake again!!!!!
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

just book mi ticket. Too much a di legend them a fall out so mi have fi go tek in Peobo. I have seen Jeffery and Freddy before but them deserve a second look.

Comment

.....and a third...and a fourth.....

Comment

Working...
                X