US Women Humbled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Women Humbled

With a Women's World Cup spot on the line in the CONCACAF Women's World Cup Qualifying tournament, Mexico completely outplayed the U.S. women's national soccer team from start to finish Friday night, beating the FIFA No. 1 ranked team 2-1 in front of its home crowd in Cancun, Mexico. To qualify for the 2011 Women's World Cup in Germany, the United States now must win the third place game on Monday -- and beat Italy in a home-and-home playoff series on Nov. 20 and Nov. 27.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

The big 2 tussle again.
    Bully to the Mexicans for coming out ahead!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Heh heh! Dat's what the US team come to now? Possible playoff series?

I have always said the gap will narrow very quickly in the women's game. The USA started out on top because they pushed women's football from early, no other reason. For the rest of the world, it was a man's game.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Comm'on now Prince Mosiah...champions get beaten now-an'-den. And when they do--"some" spectators rejoice!!

The US will regroup and get back on top. As if you don't know.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

i don't believe they will, HL. This is not a wish. I couldn't care less.

The really bad part is Jamaica has pretty much abandoned the women's program. I think we would have closed the gap as well.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            The really bad part is Jamaica has pretty much abandoned the women's program. I think we would have closed the gap as well.
            kiss teet...

Comment

If Jamaicans are truly concerned about the women's program, then they need fi put the money up to sponsor the team's expenses.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
              X