Let me ask a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me ask a question

How many people here have seen Oneil Thompson of Boys Town play and how many think he is the next big thing?

I saw him Sunday and he did not have a great game, matter of fact his entire team was outplayed from start to finish, he did not distinguish himslef at all, for some one who is in the national programme and who was on the verge of being signed for some semi-pro team in Norway no one on this site had every heard about or can even pronounce the name, one would have hoped he would have at least shone in the midst of some very mediocre players.

I saw him play for Boys Town the past three seasons and he never stood out to me like some other player would say his team mate George Vernal, Fabian Davis at TG, or even a Kirk Wright at Reno.

Matter of fact he could have lost the game for his team with two very sloppy pieces of play and just about everyone who was at the fourth man's table agreed that he did not have a good day.

Now what am i supposed to do, come here and kin teeth and try to look like I am some gladdis and talk bout how me see the man play and how him star up the day? The fact is that not every player will get full ratings and when we dont kiss the ground they walk on iditos here (yes I said idiots) who have nothing better to do than carry belly want to tear you down for your opinion.

A man come on here Friday and say Beckham nuh good and they did not get this response, yet Beckham just signed the richest contract ever in the history of sports...suppose him did good???

Jermaine Hue, JJ, Donovan Ricketts and just about every single one of our players get liking and disrespect all the time, even established EPL and Euro stars get cussed out right here by players who have never even been able to make them clas steam, yet no man nuh gwaan like some girl and try disrespect man for them opinion.

You know wah, none a unnu caant drape me so guess what....
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: Let me ask a question

<DIV>He's a better player than Claude Davis! I've seen many strong games from Bigga. Seems like a bit of a head case sometimes, but for some of us, what's the problem? Then again, who isn't a head case!?</DIV><DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No "congratulations", no "I am happy he got an opportunity."

As usual you run as if you are the first person to see any flaw in some ones game. The least you can do is at least say you are happy the man get the opportunity.

And not surprised that as usual you cannot leave the personal disrespect out of your post.

Comment

<DIV>
        Sickko (1/13/2007)

Jermaine Hue, JJ, Donovan Ricketts and just about every single one of our players get liking and disrespect all the time, even established EPL and Euro stars get cussed out right here by players who have never even been able to make them clas steam, yet no man nuh gwaan like some girl and try disrespect man for them opinion.
        </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Dat's why mi not even going to directly comment on the latest Maestro thread. We've been thru this already where everybody and his mama analyse and psychoanalyse Maestro's games, coming to the conclusiion that he is only an NPL player. Hell, one even went as far to say that he will never become a Reggae Boy. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, he not only became a Reggae Boy but has done very well as one. After the last Gold Cup, forumites were tripping over each other to try and offer apologies and congratulations to me for not giving him credit over the years. Even Karl had some kind words!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, Maestro is down in the dumps right now, at least, so they feel, so it's fashionable to say that him nuh good. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, to make it easy next time around, I will organise a ticket system so that the apologies and congratulations can be done more efficiently.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (1/14/2007)<DIV>
          Sickko (1/13/2007)

</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Dat's why mi not even going to directly comment on the latest Maestro thread. We've been thru this already where everybody and his mama analyse and psychoanalyse Maestro's games, coming to the conclusiion that he is only an NPL player. Hell, one even went as far to say that he will never become a Reggae Boy. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, he not only became a Reggae Boy but has done very well as one. After the last Gold Cup, forumites were tripping over each other to try and offer apologies and congratulations to me for not giving him credit over the years. Even Karl had some kind words!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, Maestro is down in the dumps right now, at least, so they feel, so it's fashionable to say that him nuh good. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, to make it easy next time around, I will organise a ticket system so that the apologies and congratulations can be done more efficiently.</DIV>
          He needs to pattern his play on Tappa and Fabregas. On the filed 'do things' quickly. Why do you think Tappa makes all those lateral and backwards passes to compliment his ability at beating opponents and making the 'killer passes'? Because the admittedly slow across groundTappa has to compensate for his being slow across ground.

...and, what does the making of all those passes accomplish - retention of position, makes his taking on an opponent 'one-on-one' more of a surprise - keeps opposing players undecided on whether or not to play for 'cutting out a pass' or go for attempts at trying to win ball directly from 'Tappa/Fabregas - and like players'... - keeps opponents honest - and builds TEAM confidence...

...additionallyTappa/Fabregas type players are in perpetual motion - proving support both on attack and defense - yes, 'kill me dead' Tappa and Fabregas, so-called poor defenders,bring GREAT DEFENSIVE PRESENCE to their TEAMs.

Yup! Maestro can be a 'miles' better player than he currently is....trus mi!

...and, tell Maestro to keep his head up and work hard at areas such as those above. ...Ooooh...he must get back on the field (that is the only place he can keep 'in tune' and improve his play. ...and, Harbour View is a good place to be!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Herewe go with the Tappa dis and tappa dat again. . .

Yuh know suppen? Ah nago tough it . . .
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Karl (1/14/2007)[

He needs to pattern his play on Tappa and Fabregas. On the filed 'do things' quickly. Why do you think Tappa makes all those lateral and backwards passes to compliment his ability at beating opponents and making the 'killer passes'? Because the admittedly slow across groundTappa has to compensate for his being slow across ground.

...additionallyTappa/Fabregas type players are in perpetual motion - proving support both on attack and defense - yes, 'kill me dead' Tappa and Fabregas, so-called poor defenders,bring GREAT DEFENSIVE PRESENCE to their TEAMs.
              Killer passes from Tappa... and yuh want Maestro to pattern that?!? Tappa's killer passes?!?!

Perpetual motion from Tappa...Maestro can learn that from Tappa?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (1/14/2007)
                Karl (1/14/2007)[

Killer passes from Tappa... and yuh want Maestro to pattern that?!? Tappa's killer passes?!?!

Perpetual motion from Tappa...Maestro can learn that from Tappa?
                OK - Tappa is a local...what about aping Fabregas?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Fabregas can't teach Maestro anything about passing. Maestro style is his, and he is not the only person in the world who plays like that. Get used to it! Unnu a go tiyad fi see him face!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo, yuh siddungwid Bora yet to talk to him about Hue and how to fit him into the national side? Remember likka howDaddy Williams was seeking an auduence wid Simoes?

So tell us something, will Hue link up with a local team if he does not get a foreign contract, and if so, which one? If you cannot divulge such info at this time, I understand.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mosiah (1/14/2007)Fabregas can't teach Maestro anything about passing. Maestro style is his, and he is not the only person in the world who plays like that. Get used to it! Unnu a go tiyad fi see him face!
                      I hear and understand - There is nothing Maestro can learn! :w00t:

It was taught in teachers college that the kids will always teach you more than you can teach them. I believe it was expected that the teachers-in-training would always be aware that there was always more to grasp and there was much to learn form *'even' the kids.

*all around you.

Maestro must be god-like! :w00t:

Comment

Karl (1/14/2007)
                        Mosiah (1/14/2007)Fabregas can't teach Maestro anything about passing. Maestro style is his, and he is not the only person in the world who plays like that. Get used to it! Unnu a go tiyad fi see him face!
                        I hear and understand - There is nothing Maestro can learn! :w00t:

It was taught in teachers college that the kids will always teach you more than you can teach them. I believe it was expected that the teachers-in-training would always be aware that there was always more to grasp and there was much to learn form *'even' the kids.

*all around you.

Maestro must be god-like! :w00t:
                        <DIV></DIV><DIV>There is nothing Maestro can learn?! Why, I didn't knowyou had such high ratings for him, because I sure don't!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

<DIV>You might recall that the first person Bora asked about when he was watching the Peru game was Maestro. Since then, it is not uncommon to see them talking and hanging out at NPL games. I don't believe Bora is asking him about Bath Fountain in St. Thomas.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Regarding where he might play, Hue is a free agent so transfer windows are not his concern. If nothing comes up, Maestro has no problem playing the NPL. We'll see what happens</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                          X