X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaicans in NAIA

J'can named to 1st team of the NAIA

Deshorn Brown.

Striker Deshorn Brown, who helped St. Elizabeth Technical High School to the 2009 DaCosta Cup title and who now attends Mobile University in Alabama, was named to first team of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) on Monday.

Brown produced an impressive 21 goals in his first year at Mobile.
    He also added five assists to finish with a team-high 47 points, while tallying five game-winning goals.

Two other Jamaicans, Kemar Jackson of Mount Vernon Nazarene and Carnell Learmond of Lindsey Wilson College were selected to the NAIA second team.

Ramone Palmer of Park University is the lone Jamaican on the all stars third team.

Five other Jamaicans, Shaunovan Wilson of Concorde College, Mathew Ashman of Park University, Sandraw Wilson of Milligan College, Andre Anderson of Maine at Forte College and Dwayne Smith of Bethel College, are among those up for honourable mention.
    Last edited by Karl; December 9, 2010, 11:43 AM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Impressive! Scored on his debut and never looked back!

That should be Sandre Wilson, not Sandraw.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jamaicans in NAIA

I think marathon in college might only be naia/d3 or something. but not positive and im too lazy too look it up.

Comment

It is a NAIA school but the fact is, it is easier to get in as you don't have to go through the strict NCAA rules and guidelines and age requiremet. Many good players transfer to other top schools after a year or two with decent grades and Shaun Francis made it to the MLS from NAIA. They may still play D1 and D2 schools during their season as the setup in the US is weird.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Big him up!

Big up to The Emperor's brother and Steths coach Color for base laid!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

tilla ... the name deshorn brown sounds familiar to me!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

There was actually an investigation about this player last year as it was revealed that in his six or seven years at STETHS he never sat an exam or do any external exams
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

well, he's now at university abroad. stop badmind di yute!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

see it deh... then again NAIA schools really dont give a hoot about academics
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Not true Sickko.

I remember Ali Cole was suppose to go to a NAIA school and couldn't come up with the documentation of school work and he wasn't accepted. Many of the NAIA schools are Catholics and academics is a must. They just don't use SAT as the measuring stick for entrance but every other measurements are used.

Comment

Working...
                    X