Warner slams Boyz for pay protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
    While I'm not happy about the approach the boyz's took to get paid, in no way shape or form should jack "the crook" warner have anything to say. Him fi go shut him BC mouth and go tek care of fi him problems at home.
    Before Christ? Mi know say Jack mouth long, but .....
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Before Christ? Mi know say Jack mouth long, but .....
      LOL..I'm sure you know the deal!

Comment

I Don't give a ratbat about whether Jack said this or not. I do think it was a wrong step by the boyz though. Pride should always come over money and if you know you won't be able to do the honorable thing then why go on that plane. There are still alot of unanswered questions for me such as
        1) Was the orginal stipend agreed upon before the team departed Ja and was there any dissent then?
        2) Is there a team contract or some agreement in place that people should abide by (if not there needs to be one).
        decisions like this needs to be made way before the team departs. If it's possible, these things should be decided and told to the team at the start of camp.

This is the problem JA is facing right now all around. Everyone wants more and don't care whether their boss, company associatin has it. This is what happened with AIR J, being stick up over and over after running billions of losses. This is what will prob put JA in trouble with IMF if it comes down to laying off people and not granting salaries against employees wish.
        Stickup people when money is ebing made..It's pointless to stickup a bankrupt entity cause there will be no winners.
        We need better negotiators. Again, I'm not sure what if any agreement was made before the team left JA but what happened shouldn't have. Yes we could all Blame Burrell if no agrrement was in place but what about the players? Shouldn't they have made there demands known before they left JA?

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
          I Don't give a ratbat about whether Jack said this or not. I do think it was a wrong step by the boyz though. Pride should always come over money and if you know you won't be able to do the honorable thing then why go on that plane. There are still alot of unanswered questions for me such as
          1) Was the orginal stipend agreed upon before the team departed Ja and was there any dissent then?
          2) Is there a team contract or some agreement in place that people should abide by (if not there needs to be one).
          decisions like this needs to be made way before the team departs. If it's possible, these things should be decided and told to the team at the start of camp.

This is the problem JA is facing right now all around. Everyone wants more and don't care whether their boss, company associatin has it. This is what happened with AIR J, being stick up over and over after running billions of losses. This is what will prob put JA in trouble with IMF if it comes down to laying off people and not granting salaries against employees wish.
          Stickup people when money is ebing made..It's pointless to stickup a bankrupt entity cause there will be no winners.
          We need better negotiators. Again, I'm not sure what if any agreement was made before the team left JA but what happened shouldn't have. Yes we could all Blame Burrell if no agrrement was in place but what about the players? Shouldn't they have made there demands known before they left JA?
          Plush, yuh not sure about the agreements, if any. Then why so quick to say "it was a wrong step by the boyz"?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Plush Plush Plush! Why is it that all along when the JFF continuously failed to hold up their end of the bargain (essentially not paying the players), no one thought anything of it?

You mentioned "... a team contract or some agreement in place that people should abide by (if not there needs to be one)." This should go both ways! The JFF must honour their end of that bargain too. The players are saying that they have played many games without pay; isn't that a breach of contractual agreement?

Yow bredrin, ah lang time JFF a gwaan wid dem tings deh...from di days of Walter Boyd, Tappa Whitmore and Onandi Lowe. Ask dem man deh and dem will tell yuh seh a suh di JFF ting set fram lang time.

I'm happy that the Gang Of Four decided to buck-di-trend and put a stop to this onesided affair.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Mosiah, I'm just striking a balance here. Everyone was quickly laying Blame squarely on JFF. Does anyone know if a contarct was in plcae? If JFF didn't honor contracts, why didn't any player, group of players, gang of four, go after JFF in court? Why didn't they bring it up before they left the Island? All I'm saying is that the approach taken was wrong? We all have to fight for our rights but there is a time and place for everything especially when National pride is at stake

Comment

in court? boss ... jff woulda get kick outta FIFA and CONCACAF ... that would be a GREATER evil!!

the only other avenue is CAS and no telling how long that would take and cost to the players (dem not getting dem money how dem going to pay for represenatation?)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                  Plush Plush Plush! Why is it that all along when the JFF continuously failed to hold up their end of the bargain (essentially not paying the players), no one thought anything of it?

You mentioned "... a team contract or some agreement in place that people should abide by (if not there needs to be one)." This should go both ways! The JFF must honour their end of that bargain too. The players are saying that they have played many games without pay; isn't that a breach of contractual agreement?

Yow bredrin, ah lang time JFF a gwaan wid dem tings deh...from di days of Walter Boyd, Tappa Whitmore and Onandi Lowe. Ask dem man deh and dem will tell yuh seh a suh di JFF ting set fram lang time.

I'm happy that the Gang Of Four decided to buck-di-trend and put a stop to this onesided affair.
                  Clearly an JFF administrative snafu!

If the JFF had a prearranged agreement in place. It would have been 'hauled out'. See the players, to the last man, agreed on "xyz".

It is a stick up.

If that prearranged agreement was in place and any player or players disagreed - He/They would have been replaced before the party left for the tournament.

Say it again: Clearly a JFF administrative snafu!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X