How could I forget Creature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could I forget Creature

Oh yes, Allan Aarons was a dynamite dreadlock baller. But so too were a few others from Mo'Bay. I remember a forward from the early Wadadah days by the name of Ruddy Brown who was a terror on the frontline.

Another dread too went by the name of Tall P.He was originally from Clarendon but played all his national league ball at Wagawaga before migrating.

Then there was the general called Allan Latty!

Sadly, those were the days when we had a terrible selection process and thus, man like Tall P and Ruddy Brown did not get to parade their skills in the national colours.

That said, I would be remiss if I did not mention the great Milverton Brooks (Boys Town, Arnett & Ligunea).

Over at Humble Lion in Clarendon was a likkle short dread who was called Big Head. Talk about skillful and passing ability, wow!

Also at Real Mona was a brown skin dreadlocks they use to call Little Skill. I think he also played for Real Morant one year. Major talent!

I want to mention Hugh "Binghy" Blair (PMU and Waterhouse) but I think he started to wear locks at the very end of his playing days. Nevertheless he was a very good midfielder.

CORRECTION: Yesterday I mentioned Marcin of Martinique. The name is actually Patrick Percin and those who have seen him play will agree with me that he is a very talented player; drealocks nonetheless!
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

RE: How could I forget Creature

Allan Latty that is ringing some bell in my brain but I can't answer the count, tell me more bout that.

Comment

That said, I would be remiss if I did not mention the great Milverton Brooks (Boys Town, Arnett & Ligunea).
      . . . Milverton Brooks also of STETHS.

You also missed Alton "Noah" Sterling another STETHS man.

I think Jah Rusty from Tafari Lions (back in the day in ST Elizabeth) would give Cobi competition for that spot you gave to Cobi.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Hey, how unnu ah fight gainst the Afro-Saxon american suh hard. Cobi is fast, have real locks not like the little Jehri curls locks that Rikards (sp)have!

Comment

Farmah are you from MoBay, or western jamaica? Your use of the term wagawaga might have given you away.

It was Noel 'Bram bram' King who coined that name back in the early 1980s.

Let me tell you a story about the rivalry between kickers and Wadadah in the 1981 season.

Wadadah won the first game, last match of a triple header at Jarrett park 1-0. they won the return game 2-0 on a Friday afternoon-I watched the game form the light pylon nearest to MoBay Club and one of the goals went through Desmond Marsh's legs.

The teams wre dranw to meet again in the quarterfinals and 'Rubbish' Brown another nickname coined by Bram was chatting off his mouth non stop (as good a baller as he was he could thrash talk).

I recalled him saying one day, "we beat them 1-0, we beat them 2-0, what next six nil?"

Well on the night of the game, I recalled being in the stands with my late brother, an original member of Violet Kickers,I was still in my school uniform.

Well half time we were down 2-0 and it looke dlike Rubbish Brown was being prophetic....well low and behold one of the greatest come backs in local football.

To cut a long story short Kickers won 4-2 going away on our way to winning the first of three straight Hart Shield Division One titles.

I recalled 'Big head' Smith scoring the first goal and Winston 'Boxer' Bell must have gotten two that night too.

John Rhodes an Englishman who was teaching PE at Cornwall then was in the team
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

How old was Noah when he came to STETHS? Bout 21?

You should remember George 'shocker' Anderson then, he was one of the MoBay men to play at STETHS in the early to mid 1970s, he was one of the Boys Club productions and was from 'Bottom Lane'.

His younger brother Garfield 'Buddy roy' played for Herbert Morrison, went to Finland with Hector Wright and played some good Premier league with Violet Kickers and African United
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (1/16/2007)How old was Noah when he came to STETHS? Bout 21?

You should remember George 'shocker' Anderson then, he was one of the MoBay men to play at STETHS in the early to mid 1970s, he was one of the Boys Club productions and was from 'Bottom Lane'.

His younger brother Garfield 'Buddy roy' played for Herbert Morrison, went to Finland with Hector Wright and played some good Premier league with Violet Kickers and African United
              I know George, as he played on the same team with Boyus, Sweetie Smith, Noah, etc, etc. Anyway, I did not see Alton's birth cerfitiket, so I would not know if he were 21 in 75 to 76 when he played fo the school.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Just pulling your leg re Shocker, there was also 'Sampa' Crooks who played there too...played for Seba for a long time afterwards
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                X