English players are cheats too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English players are cheats too

<DIV class=post>Shock! English Players Are Cheats Too! <DIV class=cite>Posted on Sunday, August 20th, 2006</DIV>

OverLandAndSea is none too pleased about the latest antics of one of the Premiership’s notorious ’simulators’.

So the first round of premiership games have now completed and there’s already diving controversy, none more so than at Brammall Lane, as Steven Gerrard dives yet again to get Liverpool a penalty. This is a dark side that the England vice-captain has to his game and you would have thought he’d cut it out by now but it refuses to go away. Gerrard is a sublime talent who embodies all that we expect from a blood-and-guts English midfielder yet at the same time he’s also gaining a reputation amongst neutral fans as a cheat.

Of course, the english media being the biased hacks that they are, fail to mention or launch the sort of campaign they have at other players. Had it been Drogba, Robben or Ronaldo or if Gerrard had been of French or Italian he’d of it would have been a different matter altogether. Our domestic game is the most hypocritical I know and the double standards borders on racism to a certain extent.

The likes of Wayne Rooney and or the Coles have gotten away with playacting or simulation before without more than a mumur from the press and it’s not good enough. It shouldn’t matter who you are or where you are from diving is unacceptable so let’s not be afraid at having a go at our english players.

How can we expect to cut this behaviour out of the game if we turn the other cheek when it shatters our image of the English player?

The Shieffield United incident and more Gerrard diving after the jump:

<A id=more-592></A>

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/uSXS0PFAXYM width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash></EMBED>

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/dIzawprkcHo width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash></EMBED><DIV class=commentPos><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
    </DIV>

RE: English players are cheats too

The Incident in the W/Cup was a Dive .

I'm not too sure on Saturday's cause it looked like contact to me .

Comment

Also, Michael Owen has been known to take a deliberate tumble in the box from time to time.

And anyone remember when Shearer got booked for diving in his last ever game for England at Euro 2000?

Yep, the English can dive with the best of them, regardless of how much their TV commentators b!tch about it.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Ongle one Shearer me ever like and him never name Alan. ALan is a dang cheat. It has been a mystery to me how thay always say he was great. He could only score in the EPL and I saw so many times how he cheated to be able to score.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Working...
        X