Defender says it's not why, but 'why not?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defender says it's not why, but 'why not?'

Not Losing To Arsenal Was A Boost To Manchester City's Title Aspirations - Vincent Kompany

Defender says it's not why, but 'why not?'

By Adithya Ananth

Jan 6, 2011 1:10:00 PM

Vincent Kompany of Manchester City (Getty Images)

Vincent Kompany believes that Manchester City were "aggressive" at Arsenal, but justifies the goalless draw as a means to push forward their ambition of winning the Premier League.

The Eastlands outfit travelled to the Emirates and carved out a goalless draw that saw opposition manager Arsene Wenger take a swipe at the tactics used by City boss Roberto Mancini.

However, the Belgium international believes this adds another dimension to a side that is challenging for top honours.

"I thought we were aggressive at Arsenal, but we were clever as well," Kompany said on the club's official website. "Some people might ask, 'why didn't they try to
    win the game?'

"But if we don't lose against the top four teams in away games, and we beat the so-called lesser teams at home, you make the calculation.

"And if the title is within reach, then why not? Clearly at the moment United are favourites because they have two games in hand, and there will be a difference in points if they win those games.

"But I look at the Arsenal game and I see that our team is very hard to beat - and if you're a team that doesn't lose, that's half the job done already, so why not?"
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

They can talk about great defending,i didn't see that. i seen a lot of luck on thier part and lack of ruthlessness on the Gunners part.In short that was pure luck.

Comment

Man of the match was the post!
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        Man of the match was the post!
        You seet!!!,Lucky bastards.

Comment

Lasik surgery is very affordable nowadays enuh...

Comment

what them spent 1billion $$ to put 11 man behind the ball. idiat side...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              Lasik surgery is very affordable nowadays enuh...
              Then you should see that Cesc and Robin were unlucky to hit the post. Yuh powdah side was very ... very fortunate.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                Then you should see that Cesc and Robin were unlucky to hit the post. Yuh powdah side was very ... very fortunate.
                Do I need to refer you to the "Can't wait till Boy U's luck runs out" thread?

Comment

If we a idiot side what dem seh bout unnuh? Look up at big side yute
                  Last edited by Bricktop; January 7, 2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Do I need to refer you to the "Can't wait till Boy U's luck runs out" thread?
                    Dude ... ppl been saying that from I started posting on this forum. Unuh can gwaan wait.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Wait on what? I didn't say Boy U are lucky when they somehow survive...we are second in the league after 22 games is that because of luck?

Comment

Wait on what? I didn't say Boy U are lucky when they somehow survive...we are second in the league after 22 games is that because of luck?

No, you're 2nd in the league because unuh play more games than Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          No, you're 2nd in the league because unuh play more games than Arsenal.
                          Oh really? So Arsenal doesn't have to play their game in hand? Yuh just automatically give them the win? I see

Comment

Working...
                          X