Roy Hodgson sacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Hodgson sacked

Roy Hodgson has left Liverpool with Reds legend Kenny Dalglish put in charge until the end of the season at Anfield.
    Hodgson found himself under intense pressure at Liverpool following the disappointing 3-1 defeat to Blackburn in midweek.
    Liverpool are languishing in 12th spot in the Premier League and are sitting just four points above the drop zone.
    The 63-year-old refused to answer questions on his future following the defeat at Ewood Park and speculation over his future intensified after his pre-match media briefing on Friday was cancelled.
    Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) have reportedly been looking at their possible options for a managerial change for over a week and they have now decided to act.
    They had intended to see out the season with Hodgson before reassessing the situation but recent results - defeats to Blackburn and Wolves - and the deteriorating relationship with fans and associated falling attendances have prompted a rethink.
    The club have turned to former player and manager Dalglish to take up the reins for the rest of the campaign and try and rescue a wretched campaign for the Merseyside titans.
    Dalglish, who wanted to return as manager before the appointment of Hodgson in the summer, will now take charge of the side for this weekend's FA Cup showdown with arch-rivals Manchester United at Old Trafford.
    In a statement on the club's website, the club's principal owner John Henry said: "We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager.
    "We wish him all the best for the future."
    Sad

Hodgson admitted he was sad and disappointed to have left Liverpool after conceding the last few months had been some of the most challenging of his career."Being asked to manage Liverpool football club was a great privilege," he said.
    "Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans.
    "Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career.
    "I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool.
    "The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season.
    "I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."
    Delighted

Henry believes Dalglish is the right man to take charge of the club at such a difficult time."We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season," added Henry.
    "Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."
    Chairman Tom Werner said: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward.
    "Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season."

yes his head must stop hurt him no. X got his wish, here comes Liverpool up the table, Wha happen? Rafa wasn't available?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

up what table?last time i looked Dalglish retired from playing.Plus he is absolutely useless as a manager.

Comment

Mi dun predict sey him gaan before the weekend dun. Ancelloti is a dead man walking as well. We see it all the time in team sports, and a coach have one good year and him is the hottest ting since slice bread, and ownership nuh evaluate their complete body of work before signing dem.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Look like R.H was in part the victim of R.B unwise player purchases.

Comment

that myth has already been debunked!

Exactly what had R.H. accomplished in his career??
            Peter R

Comment

Kenny Dalgish Information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_D...agerial_career

Comment

euthanasia.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

[quote=Peter R;271327]that myth has already been debunked!

Exactly what had R.H. accomplished in his career??[/quote]
                  ---------------------------------

Nuff;

Hodgson, has managed sixteen different teams in eight countries. -- Quite an achievement.

Guided the Swiss to the last 16 of World Cup 94 and qualification for EURO 96. Switzerland had not qualified for a major tournament since the 1960s. -- Big achievement for such a tiny country with limited player resources.

From 2006 to 2007, he managed Finland and guiding them to their highest ever FIFA ranking of 33rd place. -- Quite an achievement for such a small nation;

Guided Fulham!! to the UEFA Cup finals beating one of Europes Giants Juventus in the process; -- Big achievement.

coached many notable european club sides inc Inter Milan; -- quite an achievement;

In the course of his managerial Career has learned to speak five languages; -- cant overlook that achievement also.

So im sure that a man of such obvious talent and experience (given reasonable time and the funds given to Rafa) may have turned things around at Liverpool. But look like the pool fans just tek gainst him before him set foot through door.

Comment

[QUOTE=GazX;271336]
                    Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                    that myth has already been debunked!

Exactly what had R.H. accomplished in his career??[/quote]
                    ---------------------------------

Nuff;

Hodgson, has managed sixteen different teams in eight countries. -- Quite an achievement.

- Like him can't hold down a job...

Guided the Swiss to the last 16 of World Cup 94 and qualification for EURO 96. Switzerland had not qualified for a major tournament since the 1960s. -- Big achievement for such a tiny country with limited player resources.

- Looks like he should have stuck it out with the Swiss..

From 2006 to 2007, he managed Finland and guiding them to their highest ever FIFA ranking of 33rd place. -- Quite an achievement for such a small nation;

- That is an achievement?!?

Guided Fulham!! to the UEFA Cup finals beating one of Europes Giants Juventus in the process; -- Big achievement.

-Looks like he should have stuck it out with Fulham !

coached many notable european club sides inc Inter Milan; -- quite an achievement;

- this is a repeat of your first point in case you don't see that.

In the course of his managerial Career has learned to speak five languages; -- cant overlook that achievement also.

- Please, we talking FOOTBALL! ( me cyan talk five language if yu include patois ()

So im sure that a man of such obvious talent and experience (given reasonable time and the funds given to Rafa) may have turned things around at Liverpool. But look like the pool fans just tek gainst him before him set foot through door.
                    R.H. was simply out of his league at Liverpool; he couldn't handle the pressure, the fans nor the players... sorry, that's my opinion
                    Peter R

Comment

One question for you GasX... since you support Spain, Brazil and Ghana (you don't mention any club sides so you have no emotional attachment to clubs I would imagine) would you short list (top five) Hodgson to coach those teams?
                      Peter R

Comment

[quote=Peter R;271341]
                        Originally posted by GazX View Post

R.H. was simply out of his league at Liverpool; he couldn't handle the pressure, the fans nor the players... sorry, that's my opinion
                        -----------------------------------
                        P, I have to at that one deh.

And if ( me cyan talk five language if yu include patois () is true then yuh sound well equip to tek over liverpool wid all the million and one oversea players on the books.

But you must admit it seem the fans never really tek to him before him even arrive. See how the same fans ready to smile and pat pon back when one of dem own tek over, and ready to sing you never walk alone.

Roy must want tun off the tele if him ever watch liverpool and hear that song.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                          One question for you GasX... since you support Spain, Brazil and Ghana (you don't mention any club sides so you have no emotional attachment to clubs I would imagine) would you short list (top five) Hodgson to coach those teams?
                          -----

If you mean top fve premier teams then yes i'd short list him. Whether him get the job or not is another matter. But P tell me this. If Kenny's results turn-out to be similar to R.H, do you think the liverpool faithful will treat him similar to Roy?

Comment

The question is would he be among the top five to coach Spain, Brazil or Ghana? My feeling is he would not be shortlisted for any of them BASED on his history... I doubt the top five prem would be after him...you think he could end up at Chelsea? I doubt.

Anyhow, If Kenny does as badly or worse, of course he would not be as badly treated as R.H. I think the fans will give Dalgliesh a lot more room for error and as such the pressure might be less on him, and hopefully lead to better results... that's my hope. We shall see.
                            Peter R

Comment

[quote=Peter R;271349]The question is would he be among the top five to coach Spain, Brazil or Ghana?

My feeling is he would not be shortlisted for any of them BASED on his history... Spain and Brazil more likely to appoint a manager of there own nationality first than a foreigner that R.H would be.

I doubt the top five prem would be after him...you think he could end up at Chelsea? .... Way things are in the prem, team like chelsea etc want the pure name brand managers.

Anyhow, If Kenny does as badly or worse, of course he would not be as badly treated as R.H. I think the fans will give Dalgliesh a lot more room for error and as such the pressure might be less on him, and hopefully lead to better results..... Dont you think that kinda stinks from the 'you'll never walk alone fans'?

Comment

Working...
                              X