Missed Opportunity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed Opportunity?

Only time will tell! However, I still must ask the question why on Earth didn't Darren Mattocks of Akron University go to the MLS Draft? Akron were the national Div. 1 champions with seven players selected in the recent draft, five in the first round at 2,3,4,7 and 8 and two more in the second round! This was an impressive team and Darren was their top goalscorer with 18 in his rookie season, so it is puzzling to me why he didn't make the jump, or did he declare and went undrafted, which seem impossible! Maybe someone here could shed some light on this...massive, what's the deal?

By the way, Darren Mattocks was born and raised in Jamaica and played for Bridgeport H.S. and Waterhouse F.C. At 6ft tall and 165lbs he is said to be skillful and seem to be a goalscorer as he was also the leading scorer for Waterhouse U-21 and Bridgeport where he scored 54 goals, 18 of those game winners and also had 25 assists, and now he is the leading goalscorer for the National D1 champs Akron! Seem like this young man should have already been called to the senior team and groomed for the future! How come mi never see any mention of this youth before?

Comment

Left up to me he would have entered the draft. But I would not want to have him tied down to no silly MLS contract that will stand in the way of even bigger moves. If they can't guarantee me that, then Europe (or Asia), here I come!

I hear he's thinking of one more year in school and then pro.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yeap that is what he is doing. I think it is well planned. This year if he plays a major season he could be in for a bumper contract. The only problem is 7 players from Akron entered the MLS draft so will he have a team to play with? The one this year was very good, maybe the best college team I have ever seen, they way they move the ball around.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X