• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummings impresses Villa boss Houllier

Cummings impresses Villa boss Houllier
    To decide soon whether to take Reggae Boy on loan
    Jamaica Observer
    Monday, January 17, 2011

JAMAICAN international, Omar Cummings, who is on trial with English Premier League club Aston Villa, has impressed during his current trial and a decision will be made "soon" on whether to take him on a short-term loan deal, says manager Gerard Houllier.
    "I see Omar getting better with every training session. I will make a decision about him soon," Houllier told the BBC.

A prospective loan deal would last until March when the United States Major League Soccer season begins and when Cummings would be required to return to his club, Colorado Rapids.
    His profile was raised by excellent form with the Rapids last season, which saw him contribute 14 goals in 29 games in helping to win the MLS Cup.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

villa already offer 18 million fi marcus bent

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Birmingham, Wes Brom, or Wolves better step in because they need forward and usually go after Villa's target.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

check this out. This is a better place for him

Birmingham pull out of deal to sign Robbie Keane

Keane has struggled for first team football at Spurs this season

Birmingham have backed out of a deal to sign striker Robbie Keane from Tottenham because "financially he wasn't the best option available". The decision on Keane, 30, was taken after a meeting between acting Blues chairman Peter Pannu, boss Alex McLeish and chief scout Paul Montgomery.
        "This is unfortunate because Keane is a class act," said Pannu.
        "But supporters can rest assured we are considering other options and will pursue them where financially viable."
        Birmingham are understood to have had a £6m bid for Keane accepted by Tottenham with an initial £4m to be paid up front and an extra £2m coming via various add-ons.
        The Republic of Ireland international, whose first-team chances at White Hart Lane have been limited to 11 of his 13 appearances this season coming as a substitute, had been targeted by McLeish to bolster his misfiring attack.
        606: DEBATE

I'd love him to sign, both he and Bentley would add some quality to the team

BornBlue

Only Wigan have scored fewer than Birmingham's 21 Premier League goals this term.
        Midfielder Craig Gardner is the club's top-scorer with five goals while strikers Nikola Zigic, Kevin Phillips and Cameron Jerome have contributed a meagre eight goals between them.
        Keane, who re-signed for Tottenham in February 2009, only six months after leaving the north London club for Liverpool, spent the second half of last season on loan at Celtic and has also been linked with a move to West Ham.
        "I met with Alex and Paul to discuss some new targets - names that we will not be mentioning at this moment in time - as we have decided that the signing of Keane would not be in the best financial interests of the club," explained Pannu.
        "Everyone knows he is a tremendous player but having considered the overall package [one which certainly wasn't unfair on the part of his representatives to ask for given his talent and experience], Keane's age and the length of contract we felt that financially he wasn't the best option available."

check this out http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...9362485.stmeck
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Nuttin new on Omar at this time..........
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X