Henry-"Arsenal are Gunner deliver"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry-"Arsenal are Gunner deliver"

THIERRY HENRY believes the current generation of Arsenal players are set to deliver on the silverware front.

And the legendary Gunners striker claims the mood among the squad backs his prediction.
    New York Red Bulls frontman Henry, 33, has been training with his former club during the Major league Soccer close season.
    And after picking up the Football Writers' Association Tribute Award 2011 last night, the Frenchman was more than happy to back Arsene Wenger's side for the Premier League title.
    He said: "The guys in the Arsenal dressing room are confident. It all depends on them — Arsenal play the best football.
    "I became Arsenal fan and like all the Arsenal fans I want them to bring back silverware — that would be the cherry on the cake, especially for the boss and the fans.
    "This generation are talented, there is just that little piece of silverware missing."

The Gunners are still fighting on four fronts, with the Carling Cup, Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League up for grabs.
    But the latter appears the toughest of all, with in-form Barcelona their opponents in the first knockout stage.
    Henry, who left the Emirates for the Catalan giants in 2007, believes if anyone can stop Barca it is Arsenal.
    He said: "That is going to be the two best teams in terms of football.
    "Both clubs play the way football should be played. I think for the nuetral it will be an amazing game.

Advertisement

"For me? I'm an Arsenal fan but have a lot of friends at Barca — so it will be a difficult one.
    "But if any team can beat Barca, it would be Arsenal."
    Henry has also backed Gunners skipper Cesc Fabregas to ignore talk of a potential move to Barcelona in the summer and keep his form up.
    But he stopped short of offering any advice on how the 23-year-old midfielder should plan his career.
    He added: "I would tell him not to listen to anyone. He is an amazing player, talisman and club captain.
    "If Arsenal go on to win the title, they will say he had an amazing season.
    "Cesc is from Spain, but as an Arsenal fan I want him to stay at Arsenal. Right now you can see his commitment playing for the club."

for a young guy ... cesc exhibits a maturity beyond his tender years. no one can doubt his professionalism.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      for a young guy ... cesc exhibits a maturity beyond his tender years. no one can doubt his professionalism.
      agreed!!,will be a sad day when he leave the club.

Comment

Working...
      X