FIFA man hails JFF academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA man hails JFF academy

The FIFA man who was here to inspect the academy is full of praise for the project and says the site is perfect.

He was on CVM in an 'exclusive' interview last night and says everything is going OK.

He also pointed out that not one cent of FIFA money will go to the JFF but cheques will be made payable to the contractors only.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: FIFA man hails JFF academy

So no sticky fingers shall touch the money at all, only those who perform the work. Congratulations Mr. Boxhill:hehe:
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hope you are not calling the people in the JFF thieves, is this an inherent mistrust of people in high office or you have proof?

You did say sticky fingers

This was not a Boxhill decision by the way, this is just how FIFA does business.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Come now star, yuh must have had some rum in your coffee this morning.:w00t: Where do you see me calling anyone a thief?

We all know the country has a long history of cost overruns when it comes to the contracting business.

The less people having access to those funds the better it will be for the project.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

You know the coffee did taste kinda funny, wonder if anyone spiked it while I was away...I know smugglers these days are using coffee to try mask ganja they are trying to get unto planes but rum....hmmmmm I need to check into this.

Hortikal, paying the contractor directly wont stop corruption, all the corupt person needs to do is make an agreement and what should cost $10, all of a sudden cost $13 and there is a kickback, simple.

I know many will jump to conclusion and starting thinking Jamaica or other Third World countries but dont forget a few years ago the US Congress had to deal with some serious cost over run in the military where hammers were costing hundreds of dollars for example.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

would that be harold taylor? if it is it is consistent with what he has been saying for a long time....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good to see the site is perfect.

Has anything been mentioned about the report that worked had been stopped at the site because someone was not paid.

Has that been sorted out?

Did they give a progress report based on the schedule that they gave the public?

Comment

Me (1/21/2007)Good to see the site is perfect.

Has anything been mentioned about the report that worked had been stopped at the site because someone was not paid.

Has that been sorted out?

Did they give a progress report based on the schedule that they gave the public?
                Great from an outsiders point of view?!

...and, is it there is not one other site in Jamaica that could be considered better? If there is such a site...or there are such sites would that then make that site...'perfecter'? ...or, those other sites... 'perfecter'? (N)
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>Well, I know better. I know the real progress on that site and it is far from perfect. And I'm supposed to be the big Boxhill supporter.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Now, I've heard that the progress, or lack thereof, was due to some "misunderstanding" between FIFA and the JFF, resulting in the contractor not getting money, but through no fault of he JFF. So, from that sense, I can understand when Harold Taylor says that everything is great, because he might realise that FIFA is at fault.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But for sure, the job needs to be rescheduled, because they cannot meet the first one.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Are we still upset that the academy was not placed at GC Foster? Why? Didn't you say that GC will still have theirs?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (1/21/2007)Are we still upset that the academy was not placed at GC Foster? Why? Didn't you say that GC will still have theirs?
                      Upset is a mild word. ...but, I am not upset that it is not at GC Foster. I am upset that the site will not afford us to take full advantage of such a facility -

Mosiah: Let me say it for you again - you need to visit at Shady Pines -

1.That Munro site will limit the ability to 'hold' tournaments...in and around the facilities.

2. Support facilities such as hospitals, hotels, entertainment centers/facilities, public transportation - e.g. cabs andpublic busesare not within easy access - othernecessary easy to reach/get to facilities...

3. It is not even easy for support/visiting staff toaccess.

On the island many are the other suitable places whereacademies could be sited.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl once again you allow your personal bias to get the better of what should be common sense.

There is no way, if you were to weight all the pros and cons, that GC Foster could be a better site..maybe you need to go find out what is needed for an academy, especially one in a society and country like ours, then you would be in a better position to makea better assessment.

You wanted the site to be placed at GC Foster so they could benefit without making any imput.

One positive that Munro will have over GC Foster is security as you wont have people coming in through gaping holes in fences and taking away stuff like they stole the motor from the swimming pool to do God knows what with. Maybe there are olympic sized swimming pools in parts of Spanish Town and Angels that we dont know about.

Then again you are part of a group that seeks to delete posts that dont suit you or what you stand for.

Yes I said a part of a group because anything that one member of your gropup that is limited in number (scope?) does, it reflects you as well.

Feel free to delete this one as well...
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (1/21/2007)Karl once again you allow your personal bias to get the better of what should be common sense.
                          Personal bias? Yes...and, that personal bias is shaped by commonsense.

You should have gone back and read my posts on why GC Foster would have been a better site. It had nothing to do with my sister-in-law being the principal...or, ay other connection I may have with GC Foster. It had all to do with commonsense.

There is no way, if you were to weight all the pros and cons, that GC Foster could be a better site..
                          Nonsense!

...maybe you need to go find out what is needed for an academy, especially one in a society and country like ours, then you would be in a better position to makea better assessment.
                          That is exactly what I did and my stated reasons for suggesting GC Foster instead of any other placeexplained that.

You wanted the site to be placed at GC Foster so they could benefit without making any imput.
                          That is not true. ...as stated repeatedly, my reasoning was explained.

One positive that Munro will have over GC Foster is security as you wont have people coming in through gaping holes in fences and taking away stuff like they stole the motor from the swimming pool to do God knows what with. Maybe there are olympic sized swimming pools in parts of Spanish Town and Angels that we dont know about.
                          Maybe as Munro is far from the maddening crowd. ...but, it is easier for someone to enter the Munro premises as security is just about non-existent and there is little traffic to pose a high possibility that intruders from a very many entry points will be seen.

Then again you are part of a group that seeks to delete posts that dont suit you or what you stand for.
                          As far as the site's rules and regulations are concerned a part of my job is ensuring the running of the site fits within the rules and regulations laid down.

Yes I said a part of a group because anything that one member of your gropup that is limited in number (scope?) does, it reflects you as well.

Feel free to delete this one as well...
                          The rules and regulations do not allow deletion of posts on whim. Your above post does not infringe any of the site's rules, regulations or indeed, conflict with its aims and objectives.

You attack me in an unfounded manner...but, there are no rules and regulations which seek to prevent such attacks...and, I would have it no other way.

Comment

Karl (1/21/2007)[

Maybe as Munro is far from the maddening crowd. ...but, it is easier for someone to enter the Munro premises as security is just about non-existent and there is little traffic to pose a high possibility that intruders from a very many entry points will be seen.
                            Karl, do you think the academy will be at Munro College, the school? It won't! In fact, time we stop saying that the academy is at Munro College, because it ain't. So, we have no idea what kind of security the place will have. In fact, it will be quite easy to put a big chain link fence around the entire site if security is a problem.

But for you to suggest that somehow GC has less security issues than Munro - shame! Yuh cyaan fool anyone. GC Foster is in Spanish Town. Nuff said!

And this talk about the inaccesibility of the "Munro" site. Munro in 2007 is not your Munro of 1967. How long does it take to get to Mandeville, to Black River, to Santa Cruz? How long does it take to get to Spanish Town Hospital from GC, and how many bullets must you duck while getting there? What kinda tournament can you hold at GC where the visitors can feel safe walking out to the community? Or is it an all-inclusive tournament?

Please, Karl. Go ahead and set up your GC Foster Academy. But do, mi a beg yuh, get offa di Munro one case!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I wonder if Karl is mis-led himself or just trying to mislead people into thinking that the academy will be on the actual Munro College property?

That has been long established that it is not so and it makes you wonder why we are going back down this road.

Why would FIFA spend so much money to build a complex with no security IN JAMAICA???? Does this make any sense to you at all????

Then again, it is Karl and reasoning that we are talking about here.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X