Terry warns Prem pretenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry warns Prem pretenders

<P class=big>John Terry has warned Chelsea's Premiership rivals that his team-mates are thirsting after a third successive title success.

The Blues kicked off their title defence in unerring style with a comfortable 3-0 win over Manchester City on Sunday, and Terry, who opened the scoring againstStuart Pearce's side,expects there to be no drop in standards.

England's new captain concedes Chelsea's disappointing performance in defeat to Liverpool inthe FACommunity Shield may have given the chasing pack cause for optimism, but he was delighted by his side's response to the critics.

"After the Community Shield, maybe a few people said Chelsea are beatable," said Terry.

"Any team is beatable but we bounced back and showed the character we have shown the last two years.

"If we get that character, get the football and get the team spirit we have had the last couple of years, we have a very good chance of achieving something special."

Terry believes his side's unwavering application will be their biggest asset over the next nine months.

"A lot has been written about our team spirit. That has been an important part of our success but equally so has been our focus," he added.

"After two years in which we've had a lot of success, the most important thing now is to stay focused.

"We need to kick off this season with the same concentration on detail, to make the most of every opportunity."

And, while adamant his team are focused on their ownform, TerryadmittedTheBlueshad one eye on theirrivals' fortunes on the opening weekend.

"We were aware of the results the day before and that Man United had done very well before we played and it was important for us to get off to a good start," said Terry.

"Straight away we have a two-point difference over Liverpool and Arsenal and that could be important."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Terry warns Prem pretenders

But hold on. This man a watch him shadow already? It is much too soon for people to be looking over their shoulders. In the words of Bob Marley, "....a wha, a wha, a wha frighten dem....?"
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

RE: Terry warns Prem pretenders

What a difference a few months of inactivity makes, imagine we were thoroughly trashed by Chelsea in the last game a Fergie youngsters are(now) more confident..

Yes I am perturbed,insomuch I am looking forward to January.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
      X