• Show
Clear All

• Warner Must Go - Seaga

Warner Must Go - Seaga
    Published: Sunday | June 12, 20110 Comments

Warner
    1 2 >
    André Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter

President of the Professional Football Association of Jamaica, Edward Seaga, came out swinging in an exclusive interview with The Sunday Gleaner, calling for the head of suspended Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) and Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president Austin 'Jack' Warner.

Seaga, labelled Warner, who is presently caught in the middle of bribery allegations as a tyrant, and waved a finger at his credibility.

It is alleged that CFU members were given gifts of US$40,000 to influence support for Mohamed bin Hammam, who is also suspended and who at the time was challenging recently re-elected FIFA president Sepp Blatter for the top job at football's global headquarters.

get rid of him

"We cannot continue this thing with Jack Warner, we simply cannot," Seaga asserted. "The man has already committed himself and will most likely do more harm if he is left out there alone, it's time for us to get rid of him."

"We need new leadership in the region, we definitely need new leadership if we are to move forward," added Seaga, a former prime minister of Jamaica, who currently serves as the president of the Premier League Clubs Association.

FIFA has launched an investigation into the allegations and has appointed ex-FBI director Louis Freeh to lead the process.

However, Seaga is already convinced that Warner, who is also a Trinidadian government minister, is toxic to the region's football development and also raised questions about his supporters.

"He has some chief supporters who are not very much different from him and are doing the same things ... ," said the hard-hitting Seaga.

"While there is a path to lead us out of this mess, I am not certain that the guts are there to take this path. People right across the region have their issues but are afraid to come public because of fear for this man," he added, while pointing to an incident where St Kitts and Nevis' Peter Jenkins was barred from both CONCACAF and CFU in 2009, after he opposed well-known Warner ally, Captain Horace Burrell, president of the Jamaica Football Federation as the regional representative of the CONCACAF executive committee.

bad for football

"What kind of democracy is this? The whole money handling, the way in which he (Warner) operates is just bad for the region and bad for football. Here we are at the bottom trying to build football into something that is socially meaningful and doing well with that, and at the top, they are creating something that is managed under tyranny," Seaga stated.

In spite of his determination to see the back of Warner from the CFU top spot, Seaga admitted that he does not know who would be a more suitable option for the role.

"Quite frankly, I do not know the Caribbean football representatives as well as I know the local ones and so, I cannot suggest alternatives, but there are others who can do that," Seaga said.

Tomorrow:Jamaica's football at risk

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Agreed......my opinion he is done.Sepp will not take him back.An election will be held and the english speaking carribbean better have its house in order.

Central & N. America will have theirs.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Sometimes the options make you stick with the evil you know.

Hey...are we not sticking with the PNP and the JLP two entities whose record on building Jamaica is lousy?

Seaga says "Jack" must go and admits he knows of no one who could do better for us. His best suggestion is - There must be someone out there? Hey I believe he is correct...but who is that person? Find him or her and den talk tuh mi!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Seaga never realise this when he was in power for how many years? Bwoy how the world turn.

It seems like he is licking out at Burrell too. A hope he isn't planning to run for JFF head anything soon. He is suppose to help groom the next generation of leaders but not to think he is one.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

irony of ironies!! pretty EVERYTHING he is saying about warner has been said of him!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

hmmm

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

how about gamma?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Seaga never realise this when he was in power for how many years? Bwoy how the world turn.

It seems like he is licking out at Burrell too. A hope he isn't planning to run for JFF head anything soon. He is suppose to help groom the next generation of leaders but not to think he is one.
                I think he could win a JFF election. ...KSAFA would/could vote for him and drag others along.

...my wish is he remains where he is as head of Premier League Clubs Association (PLCA) and Professional Football Association of Jamaica Ltd. (PFAJ) and continue to develop our professional league.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  irony of ironies!! pretty EVERYTHING he is saying about warner has been said of him!!!!
                  As I read his statement the same thought entered my mind. If you ever wanted to limit your career propects try running aginst Eddie for JLP leadership. LOL.

Comment

There he goes again. The inflamatory language, calling Warner names even before the conclusion of the investigation. Can you imagine Seaga lecturing others about tyranny, and democracy?. This from the mouth of a man for whom democracy means securing votes by killing and intinmidation. This from the mouth of a man who has been at the forefront of the postindependent destruction of an entire nation and the continued exploitation of a large subset of its population. I suspect Warner might be too black for his likeness. I wonder what he would say if Warner had been a white Mexican or American. I am betting that he would have been silent. Of course thats only MY opinion.

Comment

LOL....Yuh nuh pull punch atall pon di DayWalking Vampiya...

Love dat
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Why the race card?

Yuh have any doubt seh Warner a tyrant and criminal??

Same man who oversold the stadium in the 1989 qualifier in PoS, same mn who give his son the exclusive contract for the 206 W Cup and they had the temerity to run the slogan "ticket or leave it!". The package was a sell 2 star hotel room stay fi 5 star price!

This forum is about Ball and over hereWarner is the focus and even the Dwalker can trhow bricks at him in that context.

Race is the last refuge of a scoundrel now? I thought it was religion.
                        Last edited by Willi; June 12, 2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Yuh sound unhinged.. I think you covered just about every piece of PNP anti-seaga rhetoric in one paragraph.. and is a football post.. lol !

Comment

it work fi di PNP..

Comment

How about this for irony?

"We need new leadership in the region, we definitely need new leadership if we are to move forward," added Seaga,

eff ah laff...

but, his comment about in the CFU and democracy rings true with regards to the Kittitian guy... plus it's Jack lurid past just catching up to him. Mi haffi agree wid de ol labourite... LOL
                              Last edited by Peter R; June 12, 2011, 07:04 PM.
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X