RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone figure out City's transfer strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone figure out City's transfer strategy?

They have me confused as hell.

You hear that Arsenal, Tottenham and ManU are chasing a certain player. You bet your bottom dollar that City is in it too.

Chelsea, Real and Barca are chasing this player. City is in it too. I guess if they everybody, then the remainder of the teams will not have good enough players to beat them.

City line-up £55m splurge on Eto'o and Aguero as Tevez edges closer to the exit

By Simon Jones and Sportsmail Reporter

Manchester City are ready to flex their muscles in the summer transfer window with a sensational £55million double swoop for Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto'o and Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero.

City had opened tentative discussions with Inter over a possible swap involving Carlos Tevez and Eto'o last month but that was abandoned as figures, including the wage demands of the Cameroon striker, got too high.

However the latest step in the long-running saga involves an £18m transfer fee which is completely independent of Tevez, and Eto'o is keen to talk.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1RZkYfRIG
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

you are the perfect person to answer your own question. Afterall, that is Chel$ki's strategy - block other EPL title challengers from getting the top class players. The bench can hold only so much players.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

...guess we shall soon see a mass departure of players from City
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

And look who to talk. How many players have ManUre acquired so far? How many has Chelsea?

Anyway, you obviously are missing it. But City seems to be in the market for every available player. I am sure you are not seeing that with Chelsea. Hell, they are interested in Mordic and Falcoa, but so too are ManUre. City also wants all of them as well plus players being scouted by Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and I can go on and on.

Anyway, I know in your haste to jump the gun and say Chelsea is doing the same thing, you are missing the big picture.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I am not missing the point. Chel4ki did the same thing in Murinho's early years (buy players to block other club's move). They may not be doing it this year...........so far. City is only mimicking you guys.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I think a club identify where they are weak and seek players who can fit into their team to fill the void.

So far, here are some of the players associated with City transfer for the coming season:
            Eto'o
            Sergio Aguero
            Falcoa
            Hulk
            Clichy
            Javier Pastore
            David Villa
            Kaka
            Ezequiel Lavezzi
            Edinson Cavani
            Marek Hamsi
            Alexis Sanchez
            Neymar
            Luka Mordic
            Pablo Armero
            Mauricio Isla
            Antonio Di Natale
            Ante Vukusic
            Stefan Savic
            Samir Nasri

Those are what come to mind just now. There are many more too. If that list is not a whole heap, I don't know what is.

Comment

OK, so you are giving a history lesson now? What players did Murinho buy to block other teams from having them? By that I mean, Chelsea must have shown that they bought the player and did not use him in any competitive match to further their cause. Only then can I agree that they may have committed such an act.

Anyway, I think this is just going to be an exercise in futility as you will stick o your guns although not able to provide facts.

Let it go Jangle.

Comment

buy high ..... sell low?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That must be it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    And look who to talk. How many players have ManUre acquired so far? How many has Chelsea?

Anyway, you obviously are missing it. But City seems to be in the market for every available player. I am sure you are not seeing that with Chelsea. Hell, they are interested in Mordic and Falcoa, but so too are ManUre. City also wants all of them as well plus players being scouted by Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and I can go on and on.

Anyway, I know in your haste to jump the gun and say Chelsea is doing the same thing, you are missing the big picture.
                    Dude yuh way off base. Scholes, Neville and Van De Sar retire ... is there something wrong with replacing them?
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Nothing is wrong with replacing them. But you guys behave as if when Chelsea acquire a player or two, they are stopping the rest of the world from playing the game. Jangle about Chelsea acquiring players to block other teams getting them during Murinho's time, I know he cannot point to any such player as it is a figment of the imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        Nothing is wrong with replacing them. But you guys behave as if when Chelsea acquire a player or two, they are stopping the rest of the world from playing the game. Jangle about Chelsea acquiring players to block other teams getting them during Murinho's time, I know he cannot point to any such player as it is a figment of the imagination.
                        When Jose was there? Lets see ...MU made a move for Essien, Chelsea hijacked the deal. MU signed Licky Licky Obi, chelsea found a way to get him to change his tune. MU went for Ballack, the huge salary offered by Roman sealed the deal. Jangle was correct.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The strategy will be revealed when yuh face get kick off next season

Comment

lol !

Wheh yuh seh.. dem ah try winning as a tactic ?

Comment

Oh Please! The talk of signing people so others wont have them you are telling is based on that? I was thinking that Chelsea signed players they did not use just so other teams could not have them.

Moreover, I guessed you missed the article recently where Essien said he was looked at by ManUre, but they decided to pass as he was too small for what they were seeking in a midfielder.

Wegner also said no to Drogba as he did not fit into his style of play. Drogba has punished him something like 10 times out of twelve meetings by scoring against them in most of the meetings between Arsenal and Chelsea. Drog says it is not a rejection he regrets though.

With Ballack, players will always in the end make the decision which best suits them. Agreeing to better personal terms is not something you can hold against Chelsea, especially when the player was coming on a free transfer from his other club. ManUre were just not astute in their handling of this piece of business.

...Licky Licky Obi
                              Man, get over it! Football is about competition and it is not about only the competition on the playing field. Players look out for what is in their best interest. You are telling me that if the player has a better offer from another club, he should turn a blind eye to it because he can join ManUre?

You might ask based on my last paragraph, how is my position different on Manchester City. I was reading an article last night by Karl Heinz Rummenigge where he was expressing my same concerns about City. He went further to say that at the rate at which City is going, they may end up with a 45 player roster by the end of August. He said that to play in the Champions League, UEFA says teams can have no more than a 25 man roster. He said if City cannot reign it in, then they could be suspended by UEFA amd may be barred from CL.

Lazie, I keep it real. If I am job hunting and I am evaluating offers from say two employers, all things being equal, I would consider the one who offers better personal terms. I would expect players and their agents to make the decisions where it benefits the player first and foremost than the club.

Comment

Working...
                              X