Ryan Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson traded from San Jose to Toronto. Might be worthwhile watching them now. Maybe.

Wow!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Lets hope it work out for him. Toronto have a way of not giving a player enough chance to cement themself
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

same employer (MLS) dem only relocate him to work at another store under a different supervisor.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I am wondering what it means for him?
          Step up financially or step down financially? ...and tenure?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Toronto have a way of not giving a player enough chance to cement themself
            How did you arrive at such a conclusion Sass? I mean, cite me a few cases which do not include Obrian White?
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

check out the amount of forwards they have traded over the last 4 season. Remember the youth Rohan(can't remember the last name now) from England and then a old English forward who left them plus Dro, Gonzales to name a few. They had, players like Marvel Wynn etc. The rate of turn over at Toronto is higher than most MLS clubs.

the following from DeGuzman
              Making massive annual changes - a hallmark of deposed GM Mo Johnston - was a key reason why TFC has floundered and that fact was not lost on Canadian midfielder Julian de Guzman.
              "The unfortunate thing is we just didn't have that much time to build a team and everything was all rushed," de Guzman said.
              By tinkering with the roster too much, Johnston put himself in a difficult position cap-wise, leaving the team scrambling with a woefully short group early on.
              "When you go into the pre-season with 12 players in practice, that's a difficult thing to start off with," de Guzman said.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Come better than that Sass as you are kind of off point. We were not just taking about players who were traded, we were talking about players who were traded after not getting opportunities to cement themselves in the team. Here is what you had to say:-

Toronto have a way of not giving a player enough chance to cement themself
                You cannot say Rohan Ricketts, Di Rosario and Santaigo Gonzales Areco as examples who were not given opportunities then were traded. Gonzalez Areco chose not to resign at the beginning of the new season. Di Ro went for bigger money with Red Bulls after he wanted to be traded to Celtic during the off season.

BTW, Marvell Wynn was a defender, not a striker. They traded him for a midfielder and a draft pick.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

What about Barrett and the other young striker they had with Obrien White. Why don't you comment on the others? The fact is the have the highest turnover and if you check their roster you will see they change the players week in- week out. Check the amount of players who go in and out and you will see what I am talking about.

Comment

Sass, I only asked you to post names of players who were traded who were not given opportunity to cement themselves in the team. I did not expect to see you putting forward Di Ro and Ricketts etc.

Anyway, I am done.

Comment

It would be interesting to hear what OJ have to say when he tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        It would be interesting to hear what OJ have to say when he tune in.
                        I saw your post as an attempt to make a case for O'brian White. That is why I asked you to list others in the same position.

Comment

No I wasn't really trying to make a case for him but when he was there I tried to watch there game and you never knew who was going to start or who is on the bench.

Still woulda like to hear OJ opinion because I know he goes to a lot of game and have a local perspective on their side.

I think Toronto have a full stadium and put pressure on themselves to win too fast so they end up selling, buying and trying too many players instead of building.

As you talk about Obrien you see the difference in Seattle. The coach believe in him and gave him a chance to prove himself. He may have to come back on the sub bench but he did get a good chance.

Comment

Working...
                          X