Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennon Poisoned!!?

<SPAN class=arthur>- by Nicholas Sheppard </SPAN>

<P class=contentText>After the report that Lennon was placed on the subs bench and not starting due to illness, I thought I would look at this a little deeper. It seems that although on the bench, he complained of feeling sick and was not able to come on. Now, doesn't this sound similar to another important game in the Tottenham not-too-distant history? So once again, we speculate as to what anyone would gain from one of England's brightest young stars and arguably Tottenham's best player, failing to play in a game that would see his team appear in the final off a competition. Well how about this:
    1. <LI><DIV class=contentText>Toure was in the starting line-up and has been in the press leading up to the game with regards to his ability to prevent the speedily Lennon running rings around him. In the end, he didn't have to worry about that. What better way to rest your first team, than to make sure you have depleted your opposition to enable you to put a second string player on. </DIV></LI><LI><DIV class=contentText>Spurs have been widely praised for their choice of signing young players, and the team have seen a vast improvement in recent years. Something that Arsenal would like to try and prevent if they could. The last thing they would want is for Spurs to prove just how well they have done, by beating Arsenal on the way to a cup victory. </DIV></LI><LI><DIV class=contentText>Arsenal have moved to a new ground, and it looks like this will be the ground they remain at for 100 plus years. After the well publicised cost of this ground - can you imagine how terrible it would be for the Arsenal board and the fans if Spurs were the first team to win there? </DIV></LI><LI><DIV class=contentText>With little chance of winning the League, and to be fair, very little chance of winning the Champions League, this only leaves the FA Cup and League Cup for Arsenal. Again, with a new stadium and many financial backers to appease, a trophy is the only way to do it. I know this will just be hushed as quickly as the poisoning of the whole team before the game against West Ham last year, but it makes you think. I wonder if it will happen again. Keep an eye out for it.

COYS!!!! </DIV></LI>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Lennon Poisoned!!?

But a wha de fornication under consent of the king a gwaan ?

Comment

RE: Lennon Poisoned!!?

Cho! Arsenal man dem nah worry bout nuttn iah. Our 3rd string team would still beat Spurs with or without Lennon. You forget dem almost get a wipping in dem back yard with the 2nd team.

Just wait till we meat again! (Chal)

Comment

Working...
      X