X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans point out chanting racist after Bundesliga match

Fans point out chanting racist after Bundesliga match

Posted: Sunday February 4, 2007 12:55PM;

COTTBUS, Germany (AP) -- Fans of Energie Cottbus pointed police to a man chanting racist insults against Cameroon forward Francis Kioyo following a Bundesliga match.

The club thanked the fans Sunday for their "exemplary moral courage" in the latest incident of racist taunting in German stadiums. It pledged to ban the man from the stadium and take legal action.

Kioyo and other players said they heard the racist chanting during Saturday's 0-0 draw against visiting VfL Bochum.

Energie Cottbus is located in the economically depressed former East Germany -- where many of a recent spate of fan violence, accompanied by racist and anti-Semitic chanting, has taken place.

German soccer authorities have fined several clubs and warned they will be penalized points in the standings if they can't control their fans. Experts report a surge of far right wing sympathizers in the country's stadiums.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

RE: Fans point out chanting racist after Bundesliga match

<DIV>While in Jamaica, fans can make racist remarks and noises at our NPL matches and we think it's okay.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>What's my problem, anyway? When Las May caricatured the Haitian boat people in blackface, where were the usual protesters who found so much fault with Portia's recent portrayal? Instead, we get people defending it or making silly statements about what colour are Haitians, anyway.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I was the one that asked that question and I will ask again, "What colour you wanted him to draw the Haitians as? If him did draw them as being white unuh would still complain.Show we the drawing nuh?

Las May been drawing black people time and again, you are the only one I hear complaining about how he depicted the Haitians.

Suh ... show us that drawing.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Let us deal with the dumbness of that question first. Have you taken the time to look up what "blackface" means? Do that first!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As mi say, show us the drawing mek we judge fi weself. Remember you have a tendency to get overly emotional.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

i had an interesting experience aboard a bus from the berlin olympiastadion after the brasil croatia match. the buses were free and the on which i was on was full when a german fella came on board...the driver told him it was full and that he could not come on board as he would not leave. the fellow refused to leave and the people on the bus expelled him.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X