Raheem Stirling......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raheem Stirling......

JFF please approach him now before its too late, get him in for WC qualifiers.This boy will take Europe by storm in the next 2-3 yrs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXP-l...ture=fvwp&NR=1

And for England under 17 at the World Cup in Mexico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf7Uzo2h2oI&NR=1

Comment

Mother of Liverpool signee wants son to represent country of birth

At 15 years old, Jamaica-born footballing prodigy Raheem Sterling is already capturing the British headlines, after recently penning a contract with European giants Liverpool amid interest from some of the top clubs in England.

Sterling, who grew up in the Queen's Park Rangers (QPR) youth system, drawing comparisons to the likes of international superstars Wayne Rooney and Theo Walcott, chose the Merseyside-based team over the likes of heavyweights Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Fulham.

The youngster, who recently made his debut for the England Under-16 team, was landed for a reported fee of £300,000, with QPR expected to receive further instalments if the one-time Maverley native breaks into the Liverpool first team.

His performances with the national team have done little to quell the hype around the winger, with several British publications hailing the speedy and skilful player as the next great English talent.

Hopes to represent JA

However, Sterling is first and foremost a Jamaican, and despite the obvious temptation of playing for England, he has not turned his back on his country of birth and still harbours thoughts of one day donning the Jamaican colours.

Sterling's mother, Nadine, is extremely proud of her son's achievement and was clear about the colours in which she would like to see his international future unfold.

Said Nadine: "I'm a true-born Jamaican and I love Jamaica so much. I always tell him that I would love to see him represent and play in my colours, his colours. So, of course, I would love to see him play for Jamaica one day."

She added: "I'm very happy for him; what makes him happy makes me happy, and I know that this is something that he is extremely happy about. He loves football and we are talking about Liverpool here, so again, I'm very happy about everything."

The youngster will travel to the club today where he will finalise some paperwork with authorities, and has already been included in the club's plans later this month for some promotional activity in Vietnam.

"He (Sterling) is in very high spirits, he is very excited about this and he is looking forward to getting started," Nadine shared.

She added that the Liverpool choice was not a difficult one, and that the club made it even easier by quickly matching QPR's evaluation of the player, while other clubs showed a reluctance to fork out the sum.

"They (Liverpool) were the only club that were really willing to pay up the money that QPR wanted for him, so Liverpool were obviously keen on getting him and they showed that they were serious," Nadine stated.

Head of development for QPR, Steve Gallen, has heaped praise on the youngster: "(Sterling) has loads of natural ability. This boy can pass, shoot, head it, score goals, tackle, defend, anything."

Liverpool's Managing Director Christian Purslow has lauded his new signing, telling the British press: "We have made clear that we will invest in outstanding young talent. Raheem is a very exciting young English player whose progress was being closely monitored by many other leading clubs and I'm delighted he's joining us."

Read more: http://qprreport.proboards.com/index...#ixzz1aB9aPCUC

Comment

I wonder why they didnt call him for the U 17 WC , so we have sterling ,sturridge and chamberlin that we can call? If 1 answer its a blessing .

I think two will.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Agree with you, Dunny.
          The JFF should approach him.

...and Zavon Hines.

Respek fi di post.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We also need to call Joel Grant to a camp to see if he is ready to be a regular on our senior team. Joel did very well for us as an U20 player but it has been nearly three years since, and it's time to reel him into camp to see if he is better than (or on par with) those we have parading as strikers.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...E-INSIDER.html

Comment

A long time me a warn unuh, but the people running our national federation are jokers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                  A long time me a warn unuh, but the people running our national federation are jokers!
                  Sterling can experiment with the junior teams now, so fine, but when it comes to permanent allegiance, dollars will talk louder than national pride...just ask Jeff Cunningham.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                    Sterling can experiment with the junior teams now, so fine, but when it comes to permanent allegiance, dollars will talk louder than national pride...just ask Jeff Cunningham.
                    Do you think playing for Jamaica can stop a top player from earning dollars? Who pays the players wages is it your club or the national team?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                      Do you think playing for Jamaica can stop a top player from earning dollars? Who pays the players wages is it your club or the national team?
                      As a member of the England set up, he also keeps on the radar of the other European clubs and gets an opportunity to play in bigger tournaments and games against stronger opposition. In purely footballing terms, it is no contest. But financially, it is also more lucrative as well; endorsements he's receive as an England player would be far more lucrative than anything he'd get playing for Jamaica.
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

As a member of the England set up, he also keeps on the radar of the other European clubs and gets an opportunity to play in bigger tournaments and games against stronger opposition. In purely footballing terms, it is no contest. But financially, it is also more lucrative as well; endorsements he's receive as an England player would be far more lucrative than anything he'd get playing for Jamaica.
                        I disagree (although I used to agree) and would venture to guess he will be still be on the radar of all the big Euro clubs simply on the basis of playing in the prem for Liverpool, the championship league etc, and his endorsements might actually be more as a reggaeboy than playing for England considering that the reggaeboys world wide vibes among various international populations has stronger cache than the 3 lions; he might even end up with a Bolt type mystic if his ability is world class. The main difference for him may come down to the competence of Eng FA vs the JFF and in that case we pretty much out of the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                          I disagree (although I used to agree) and would venture to guess he will be still be on the radar of all the big Euro clubs simply on the basis of playing in the prem for Liverpool, the championship league etc, and his endorsements might actually be more as a reggaeboy than playing for England considering that the reggaeboys world wide vibes among various international populations has stronger cache than the 3 lions; he might even end up with a Bolt type mystic if his ability is world class. The main difference for him may come down to the competence of Eng FA vs the JFF and in that case we pretty much out of the picture.
                          Okay; I guess on endorsements there may be an argument, but I don't see it...especially on the "Bolt type mystic" as that's a very tough measuring stick to compare yourself to. Still, don't you agree in footballing terms it's no contest relative to England's competitions etc? He'll no doubt attract attention playing for Liverpool, but what he will really want is to be a household name across the world footballing spectrum. Playing for England (esp. in the World Cup) will definitely help get you there (way more so than Jamaica) which leads to bigger endorsements.

Comment

Okay; I guess on endorsements there may be an argument, but I don't see it...especially on the "Bolt type mystic" as that's a very tough measuring stick to compare yourself to. Still, don't you agree in footballing terms it's no contest relative to England's competitions etc? He'll no doubt attract attention playing for Liverpool, but what he will really want is to be a household name across the world footballing spectrum. Playing for England (esp. in the World Cup) will definitely help get you there (way more so than Jamaica) which leads to bigger endorsements.
                            It all come down to what the player feels, and how patriotic he is.When playing for a club of the stature of Liverpool it hardly matters who you represent internationally in terms of financial reward so as a player the first thing you need to look at before committing is what is the competition out there in my position as an England player, will i be able to earn enough caps or will i be a bit part player?I think Jamaica have a great chance of getting this youth if they qualify for the World Cup.The JFF could sell him the idea of being a superstar at the World Cup at a young age. One thing is for certain is that England will not wait for us, if Raheem continue to put in performances for Liverpool England will try to cap him as soon as possible to keep him out of our grasp.I saw this coming from two years ago, everybody in the World knew this youth is something special except the JFF, so he should've already been capped by Jamaica.

Comment

I see your argument; with England he has a much better chance of playing in the world cup. Good point, but if the JFF could ever get their act together JA would be a regular at the cup; Sterling is one of the pieces of the missing puzzle.

Comment

Working...
                              X