The latest young gun ready fi unleash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest young gun ready fi unleash

Wenger lauds Oxlade-Chamberlain improvement as young Gun stars in Carling Cup

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 8:54 AM on 30th November 2011

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger reserved special praise for young winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain despite his side losing 1-0 at home to Manchester City in the Carling Cup quarter-finals on Tuesday night.

City reached the final four thanks to a late strike from substitute Sergio Aguero, but Wenger highlighted the performance of 18-year-old Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Making an impression: Oxlade-Chamberlain played will in Arsenal's defeat

He said: 'Chamberlain the whole night looked like he could deliver something special and he has shown already he has moved forward. He has improved a lot.'
    On the ball: Wenger lauded the young Gun's performance

There may now be pressure from the Arsenal supporters to see Oxlade-Chamberlain on a more frequent basis but Wenger believes he has adopted the correct policy with the 18-year-old former Southampton player.

'The experience shows that it is good sometimes to be positive and patient,' Wenger said.

'I was very patient with him until now and it is important sometimes to hold them back a little bit and keep them on the training ground.'
    Oxlade-Chamberlain had long been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium and made the switch from Southampton for a reported £12million over the summer.

Despite the fee, Wenger has resisted the temptation to plunge the youngster into the side on a regular basis, and he claims the youngster is developing all the time.

Wenger said: '(I was surprised) by the consistency of his game. You pushed him off the ball too easily two months ago.

'His strength and endurance is now there and that is important at the top level of course.'

On target: Aguero scored the winning goal in the closing stages

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini did not have the same feelings towards one of his own big-money summer signings, as former Gunner Samir Nasri looked tired on his return to north London.

The France international left Arsenal under a cloud and the home fans let him know they did not approve of his move to the north-west, although Mancini believes Nasri will eventually come good.

'He can play better because he is a top player,' Mancini said.

'I think that he can improve a lot but it was the same situation with who arrived last year like Edin (Dzeko) and David (Silva).

'It (the win) is not important for him, it is important for the team. For him it is better that he played tonight so when he comes back to play here in the league he knows what will happen.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1fDfeNh7R

Was extremely impressive...could have changed the game save for an excellent save by the City 'keeper.

Yuh rite...here comes another Young GUNNER of class. Our time appears to be 'now'! - Could snatch a trophy this year and go on from there.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yuh on target for 6th place , keep grooming the youths for the position.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

you seem to forget that your likkle side currently have the same amount of points my Gunners...after we had such a terrible start.....wtach you mouth X...
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

watch more dan him mout'!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

All mi affi say keep bussing your youths...lolol
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I think you are making a big mistake. I think with the season as is and our continued improvement top 3 is a distinct possibility.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                I think you are making a big mistake. I think with the season as is and our continued improvement top 3 is a distinct possibility.
                We picking them off one by one, top 3 for sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                  All mi affi say keep bussing your youths...lolol
                  hey X! Weh yuh deh ?

check the EPL table....
                  Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

X factor ratings falling off AGAIN!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                    X