RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capello urges FIFA to halt the theft of.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capello urges FIFA to halt the theft of.......

The world best young players;-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...g-players.html

What is he proposing, restriction of trade? ...curtailment of players entering markets where rewards are greatest? ...etc, etc?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      What is he proposing, restriction of trade? ...curtailment of players entering markets where rewards are greatest? ...etc, etc?

(It is understood that Capello was also particularly irked by Germany fielding players of Polish and Turkish origin — Miroslav Klose and Mesut Ozil — when they faced England during last year’s World Cup Finals, because it took talent away from the countries in which they were born.
      Capello regards the trawling of the world by the big clubs as a moral issue that needs to be dealt with)

Sounds like he talking about players at international level which wouldnt restrict players when it comes to plying their trade in the various major leagues. I agree with what he says. England, Germany, or whatever nation should be producing their own top players and not looking to teef from poorer nations.

Comment

I think his stance is a 'nonsense stance'. The world is becoming more and more intergrated not more insular. He is swimming against the tide.

...further what has using your best talent from the diaspora got to do with working FULL 100 to develop local talent. It certainly would a 'fool stance' to not put everything into developing local talent to highest possible level. It is not rocket science to think on what would result in 'all areas' - opportunities for upward mobility of the players and administrators...greater economic activity as 'product' on the field/in the market improves...national teams from age-group through national teams increasing levels of performances...promotional marketing opportunities/brand Jamaica increased awareness...etc., etc.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"It is understood that Capello was also particularly irked by Germany fielding players of Polish and Turkish origin — Miroslav Klose and Mesut Ozil — when they faced England during last year’s World Cup Finals, because it took talent away from the countries in which they were born"

Someone should tell the idiot who wrote this article that Ozil was born in Germany.
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
            "It is understood that Capello was also particularly irked by Germany fielding players of Polish and Turkish origin — Miroslav Klose and Mesut Ozil — when they faced England during last year’s World Cup Finals, because it took talent away from the countries in which they were born"

Someone should tell the idiot who wrote this article that Ozil was born in Germany.
            Capello is a clown!!

Comment

The German football association has been left seething at Fabio Capello's criticism of their recruitment policy.

Speaking in Dubai, the England manager said that rules should be brought in to prevent clubs "stealing" youngsters from another country, which in turn tips the balance on the international stage.

Capello used the example of Germany, who took 11 players to the last World Cup with dual eligibility, including star player Mesut Ozil and defender Serdar Tasci, both of Turkish origin. They helped Germany beat England 4-1 in Bloemfontein, a scar which continues to fester with Capello.

The German association (the DFB) has made no public statement on Capello's comments, but is not happy and privately has accused the Italian of getting his facts wrong.

Both Tasci and Ozil – a third generation Turk – were born in Germany and have represented the country at various youth age groups, in much the same way as Manchester United's Danny Welbeck, who has opted for a career with England despite being eligible for Ghana through his parentage.

Capello has insisted there is a difference between the cases and that he consulted Welbeck's parents before handing the 21-year-old his competitive debut in Montenegro, ending any chance of him representing Ghana.

The Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, cannot see a problem with big countries selecting the best eligible players. "You cannot reproach a country for using players who are not German or English for generations," he said.

Former Chelsea midfielder Deco was able to represent Portugal purely on residency grounds, after leaving his native Brazil as a 20-year-old in 1993.

"It wasn't in my interests to see Deco play for the national team," said Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas. "There must be a historical relationship, and family relationship, rather than just a player who has played in a country for some time to get citizenship."

The spat has overshadowed a general point about major European clubs trawling the globe for players of promise, most of whom do not make the grade.

Yet according to Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini the matter has improved since he began his playing career three decades ago. "I left home when I was 13 because I wanted to play football," he said. "I had to leave my parents and my family. Now you have the possibility to move to another city, or another country, and someone from your family can come with you. That is very important."

Comment

Working...
              X