The NBA and the EPL joining forces but a wey de.......a gwaan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NBA and the EPL joining forces but a wey de.......a gwaan

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=panel_top align=left>FOOTBALL NEWS </TD></TR><TR><TD height=2></TD></TR><TR><TD><STYLE type=text/css></STYLE><CENTER> <SPAN class=italic>Nash interested in Spurs takeover.</SPAN> </CENTER>
    <SPAN class=heading>NASH TO NET SPURS?</SPAN> <P class=userOptions id=printsaveline> E-mail Article Print-Friendly Subscribe to RSS Feed
    Post to del.icio.us

Click here for more Spurs news <SPAN id=intelliTXT>

NBA star Steve Nash says he would like to be part of any consortium that tries to buy Tottenham.

Nash, who has won the NBA's Most Valuable Player award for the past two seasons, has British parents and is a lifelong Spurs fan.

In fact, Nash's father was a semi-professional footballer in London before emigrating to Canada, where Nash Jr was a youth international.

According to the Dail Star, the millionaire Phoenix Suns star has stated his desire to invest in the club, and even to organise a consortium himself.

Nash said;

"If someone were to come in to buy Spurs, I would like to be involved. I suppose you would be talking about a consortium situation.

"As a fan, it appears to me that Spurs are quite profitable and Premiership football teams are obviously becoming a popular investment for businessmen from all over the world."

Nash's hero as a boy was Glenn Hoddle, and has recently befriended Spurs sporting director Damien Comolli;

"I met Damien at the World Cup last summer when I was watching England play and we have stayed in touch."

Spurs have been the subject of takeover rumours in recent weeks, and they could be the latest in a long line of Premiership clubs to come under foreign ownership.</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

RE: The NBA and the EPL joining forces but a wey de.......a gwaan

Just business!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

RE: The NBA and the EPL joining forces but a wey de.......a gwaan

Funny how this article is written. I dont remember steve playing for Canada or involved in even really high level soccer. His brother Martin Nash played for Canada senior. I also believe steve was borned in South Africa..

Comment

Working...
      X