RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the best center back pairing in the Prem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the best center back pairing in the Prem?

If you saw yesterday's game, you know that Manu** have a problem at the back. It wasn't so long ago that Vidic and Rio were lauded as the best pairing in the world, or who can forget Terry and Carvalho? So who my fellow forumites get your vote for the best pairing in the Prem?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

bwoy as a pairing i don't know, but i know that Samba is outstanding. vermaelen is pretty damn good too. now if only arsenal had gotten samba! that would have been the best pairing.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

... Vincent want Company and then you'd have the best pairing.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I like Joleon Lescott and Kompany...tough to beat that pairing.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          I like Joleon Lescott and Kompany...tough to beat that pairing.
          Please better yuh say Vincent and anybody else. He has covered for Lescott alot.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Notice what happen to Everton after they sold Lescott....

I give Lescott nuff ratings

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
              Notice what happen to Everton after they sold Lescott....

I give Lescott nuff ratings

I got news for you ... defending isn't Everton's problem ... only the top 3 teams have conceeded less goals than Everton.

Comment

Yes...but after Lescott left(bout 2 seasons ago)...notice the downward spiral?

I am sure Timmy Howard misses him a lot.

Ever hear how he is greeted when he return for games?

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  bwoy as a pairing i don't know, but i know that Samba is outstanding. vermaelen is pretty damn good too. now if only arsenal had gotten samba! that would have been the best pairing.
                  Yes, Samba and Vermaelen are great players, but not on the same team. When you look at the understanding between the two at the back, you can accomplish a lot even with two players who are individually not necessarily that good. I am impressed with Coluccini & Taylor as two who are punching above their weight (although Coluccini is no slouch), but my top three would be:

Kompany + Jagielka
                  Skrtel + Agger and
                  Coluccini + Taylor
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

In my opinion Koscielny, Kompany, and Skirtel have been the 3 best centre backs in the league but i think the best pairing is Skirtel and Agger.

Comment

Oops - I meant Kompany + Toure (brain fried up)

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        In my opinion Koscielny, Kompany, and Skirtel have been the 3 best centre backs in the league but i think the best pairing is Skirtel and Agger.
                        The reason I like Kompany + Toure more is that they are stronger players (tougher), but Skrtel is not a man I would want to fight wid...but would take my chances with him before Kompany.

Comment

me personally love ackee and saltfish with my pear
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                            me personally love ackee and saltfish with my pear
                            Now why doesn't this response surprise me? LOL!!

Comment

....pzzzzzieeettttt...das ok MARIN...we can work with what's left of your grey mattah; it will be difficult--but workable!...

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X