Our coaches dont have a clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our coaches dont have a clue

Looking at Jamaica vs Costa Rica last night...Its obvious that our teams lack proper coaching. Our players dont seem to be very confident.

St. Kitts seem to be better coached team than Jamaica.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

RE: Our coaches dont have a clue

"Are Coaches"

What are you talking about?

Comment

<DIV>Would that include Bora? Because if you saw the Lunar Cup match against China...</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The Lunar Boyz were hesitant in attack, and for the most part, clueless as well. The one bright spark was the Fabian Taylor/Kavan Bryan combination, that seemed to have a good understanding of each other. And you could credit that to HVFC, perhaps.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But maybe it just me, who either don't know football, or just hard on our players. Because I spoke to two other people while the match was going on and they thought we didn't look bad. I heard that we "kept our shape" and were "disciplined" particularly in defence. The British commentator also remarked how comfortable we looked on the ball. Sure, in defence, and the careless swagger while coming forward does appear to be confidence. But for the amount of times we easily gave up the ball...sigh.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, keeping our shape is what we do. There is no overlapping, no hard running, no supporting of the ball, lest we "lose our shape". What I saw from the Lunar Boyz yesterday was the usual 7/8 passes along the defensive line and when pressured and forced to come forward we would invariably lose it by either passing badly or just giving up the ball easily because we have no idea how to protect it, a combination of poor 1st touch or inability to keep ball away from defender.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Our team was under constant attack by the Chinese who surged forward like an army about to crush a rebel state. They came down the flanks at will and sent over cross after cross. Were it not for some great positioning from our goalkeeper and desperate lunges from our defenders, we would not be talking anything about discipline and shape.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Now some of you will take this as a diss for Bora. Go ahead. What I will say is no coach can transform any team after 9 training sessions, much less 2 or 3. To this day, we refuse to give Carl Brown any credit for that absolutely wonderful team that was assembled for the last WCQ, some attributing their display to Laza who had them for at most 3 training sessions. If Laza was so much of a genius, we would gone to Germany.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So, I won't be so quick to diss Dean Weatherly. Quality matches make a difference. Some of us won't believe that unless some white fariner tells us. I thought Dean's side looked better than the Lunar side, not by much, but better. We actually could have scored a goal or two and were threatening on a few more occasions. Yes, the Lunar side also could have scored, but their attacking moves were downright awful for the most part and on a different day, the Chinese would have scored 3 unanswered goals.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But they didn't. So Bora is king and Dean is a dud.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (2/22/2007) <DIV>Would that include Bora? Because if you saw the Lunar Cup match against China...</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The Lunar Boyz were hesitant in attack, and for the most part, clueless as well. The one bright spark was the Fabian Taylor/Kavan Bryan combination, that seemed to have a good understanding of each other. And you could credit that to HVFC, perhaps.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But maybe it just me, who either don't know football, or just hard on our players. Because I spoke to two other people while the match was going on and they thought we didn't look bad. I heard that we "kept our shape" and were "disciplined" particularly in defence. The British commentator also remarked how comfortable we looked on the ball. Sure, in defence, and the careless swagger while coming forward does appear to be confidence. But for the amount of times we easily gave up the ball...sigh.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Well, keeping our shape is what we do. There is no overlapping, no hard running, no supporting of the ball, lest we "lose our shape". What I saw from the Lunar Boyz yesterday was the usual 7/8 passes along the defensive line and when pressured and forced to come forward we would invariably lose it by either passing badly or just giving up the ball easily because we have no idea how to protect it, a combination of poor 1st touch or inability to keep ball away from defender.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Our team was under constant attack by the Chinese who surged forward like an army about to crush a rebel state. They came down the flanks at will and sent over cross after cross. Were it not for some great positioning from our goalkeeper and desperate lunges from our defenders, we would not be talking anything about discipline and shape.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Now some of you will take this as a diss for Bora. Go ahead. What I will say is no coach can transform any team after 9 training sessions, much luss 2 or 3. To this day, we refuse to give Carl Brown any credit for that absolutely wonderful team that was assembled for the las WCQ, some attributing their display to Laza who had them for at most 3 training sessions. If Laza was so much of a genius, we would gone to Germany.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So, I won't be so quick to diss Dean Weatherly. Quality matches make a difference. Some of us won't believe that unless some white fariner tells us. I thought Dean's side looked better than the Lunar side, not by much, but better. We actually could have socre a goal or two and were threatening on a few more occasions. Yes, the Lunar side also could have scored, but their attacking moves were downright awful for the most part and on a different day, the Chinese would have scored 3 unanswered goals.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But they didn't. So Bora is king and Dean is a dud.</DIV>
        Damn you can make it all pour out - accurately - at times!

Aside: Your reports...recent reports suggest we are up s#$%&amp;&amp;&amp;$t creek! Our local NPL, high school, Parish FALeagues coaching must be awful.Surely what we are now seeing must be end product of the coaching at the lower levels...if so, that lower level is - let me think it again - AWFUL!!!????? :w00t::angry::w00t::angry:

You do not have good basics and a Bora or whoever comes in and in 2 or 3 sessions tear it apart. - You did say compared to TOP OF THE WORLD levels our Lunar Cup team was 'nothing to write home about'? Right?

----------

Some things aboutDean's team -

a) On attack it appears the players do not realise the importance of getting to the ball first...and, striving to reach it with God only by their side.

In colloquialism - get to the ball early so as to be able to do your thing properly/well.

b) The attackers do not realise that they must beat the defenders to high ball and pass off to teammates -with head or other parts of the body.

c) Our defenders do not seem to realise that they must beat attackers to the ball - get to
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl (2/22/2007)

Some things aboutDean's team -

a) On attack it appears the players do not realise the importance of getting to the ball first...and, striving to reach it with God only by their side.

In colloquialism - get to the ball early so as to be able to do your thing properly/well.

b) The attackers do not realise that they must beat the defenders to high ball and pass off to teammates -with head or other parts of the body.

c) Our defenders do not seem to realise that they must beat attackers to the ball - get to ball first!

d) On defending - entire team - does not realise they must pressure/be on top of the opposing player and ball - quickly. ...when they do pressure it is light pressure i.e.they are too faraway from the ball and the opponent. That will not do.

e) The 2nd half should some of our players can run fast...why where they not using that skill in the first half. ...and, why not more often in the second half. On the two occasions one of our players on the right pushed the ball forward and went into a foot racce hekept the ball and crossed.

f) It also appears our thinking and 'reaction time' was slow...much, much tooslow. -A prime example is - our forward failed to get off a shot when in superb position to score.

...and, the lack of quick decisive action in and aroundour opponents penalty-area.

g) Our players seem to at times not realise when the sensible thing forthe opponents to do was play 'one-two'. Sowere slow in following the 'free - (opposing) -man'.

Yet - We could have won! Bwoy!

They say styles make games...but, we look the poorest of the group. Wonder how we will do against St. Kitts?????
          Your analysis is on the money.

I think we play as slowly as we do because we do not support the ball. Seems like a simple thing but it's the essence of any great team. Arsenal and Barcelona have 2 or 3 passing choices at all times. You have to MOVE to support the ball, wherever it is. If that means "losing your shape" then for crisesake, do it!

Many times in the Lunar match, it seems like our players just stood there with the ball. And yes, that is exactly what they were doing because they had no passing options. With the U-17s, the constant dribbling meant they had no time to pass the ball even if they were given support. John-Ross Doyley was the main culprit, even though I'm sure many believe he was the star.

We always look so rushed with the ball, while our opponents seem to have all the time in the world. Why!?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

[quote]Mosiah (2/22/2007)

Your analysis is on the money.

I think we play as slowly as we do because we do not support the ball. Seems like a simple thing but it's the essence of any great team. Arsenal and Barcelona have 2 or 3 passing choices at all times. You have to MOVE to support the ball, wherever it is. If that means "losing your shape" then for crisesake, do it!

Christ! Formations are overrated!

Agreed!

Many times in the Lunar match, it seems like our players just stood there with the ball. And yes, that is exactly what they were doing because they had no passing options. With the U-17s, the constant dribbling meant they had no time to pass the ball even if they were given support. John-Ross Doyley was the main culprit, even though I'm sure many believe he was the star.

We always look so rushed with the ball, while our opponents seem to have all the time in the world. Why!?!?!
            You got it! - Lack of movement and support!

Where there any 'thinkers' on our team?

I do not know if it just me, butthe players must be thinkers. It is simple, if what they aredoing is not working....they must solve the problem!

Aside: For the JFF leaders and bricktop

If the teams practise against only poor opponents there are no problems to solve. The nonsense they do against that poor quality will have them 'winning'/succeeding.

So the case for practising against quality has among other things - Quality teams will expose the nonsense for what it is - errr...NONSENSE!

...and, quality teams will present quality problems to be solved. Coming up against quality problems 'everyday'/often/regularly encourages the players/challenges the players/forces the players to become good at solving those problems...and, seeing and learning, first hand,the quality actions quality teamsengage in!

So our teams MUST PREPARE with an inclusion ofREGULARLY playing against QUALITY TEAMS!

Oooooh there are additionalbenefits - trickle down to local players/teams/coaches...and, you the dumb JFF Administrators! So there...!!!!!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am tired of hearing about "Farin white coach",are there any farin black coach with a resume like Bora? Our local coaches are clueless in relation to farin coaches, black or white. Is Lenny Taylor a white man? is team looked better prepared than ours. We have the poorest coaches in the region. We constantly boast about our players speed and athleticism but that has gotten us nowhere. Panama has made the last three U20 WC finals,qualifying before a powerhouse like Costa Rica each time, do they have farin white coaches? Panama is a baseball nation, and Ja has poor coaches.The mistakes our players make are the most basic,we lack the mostincremental phase of the sport,which is protecting and passing the ball. Can good coaching correct these flaws? Weatherly'steam looked unprepared last night, if he is the best we have, we can kiss WC 2010 good bye. Remember concacaf is getting crowded, don't for get, Honduras, T&amp;T, Panama,Costa Rica, and Ja fighting for 1-1/2 spot.
              Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
              Mitty

Comment

<DIV>
                Mitty (2/22/2007)I am tired of hearing about "Farin white coach",are there any farin black coach with a resume like Bora? Our local coaches are clueless in relation to farin coaches, black or white. Is Lenny Taylor a white man? is team looked better prepared than ours. We have the poorest coaches in the region. We constantly boast about our players speed and athleticism but that has gotten us nowhere. Panama has made the last three U20 WC finals,qualifying before a powerhouse like Costa Rica each time, do they have farin white coaches? Panama is a baseball nation, and Ja has poor coaches.The mistakes our players make are the most basic,we lack the mostincremental phase of the sport,which is protecting and passing the ball. Can good coaching correct these flaws? Weatherly'steam looked unprepared last night, if he is the best we have, we can kiss WC 2010 good bye. Remember concacaf is getting crowded, don't for get, Honduras, T&amp;T, Panama,Costa Rica, and Ja fighting for 11/2 spot.
                </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Relax and understand my point. The point is simply this, some of us are too quick to cuss our kind when they are not deserving of the cussing, while finding any and every excuse in the book when the hue and the accent get a little different.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>There are enuff examples out there. Keep reading my posts, I will enlighten you of the continued practice.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Did you see the Lunar Cup game? How do you think they performed?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So from all that I have read. It seems that Coach Hunt will fail to get one of the three spots for the U-17 World Cup.

And no World Cup glory for Boxhill &amp; Company.:ermm:

Comment

Mitty (2/22/2007)I am tired of hearing about "Farin white coach",are there any farin black coach with a resume like Bora? Our local coaches are clueless in relation to farin coaches, black or white. Is Lenny Taylor a white man? is team looked better prepared than ours. We have the poorest coaches in the region. We constantly boast about our players speed and athleticism but that has gotten us nowhere. Panama has made the last three U20 WC finals,qualifying before a powerhouse like Costa Rica each time, do they have farin white coaches? Panama is a baseball nation, and Ja has poor coaches.The mistakes our players make are the most basic,we lack the mostincremental phase of the sport,which is protecting and passing the ball. Can good coaching correct these flaws? Weatherly'steam looked unprepared last night, if he is the best we have, we can kiss WC 2010 good bye. Remember concacaf is getting crowded, don't for get, Honduras, T&amp;T, Panama,Costa Rica, and Ja fighting for 11/2 spot.
                    Would you agree that it would set us on a faster learning cure if our players and coaches were regularly coming up against quality teams?

Do you not think that we shall always be behind the quality teams if their players are constantly being exposed to quality whereas our teams engage in the incestuous in-breeding of preparation with local AWFUL teams...e.g.

During the six weeks of camp, the Under-20s played eight practice matches against some of the island's top clubs, winning four, losing three and drawing one, with striker Draion McNain scoring six times

Yup! ...our U-20s played against the mighty -

To date, the Under-20s have been playing a series of local clubs as part of their preparations. They played Tafari Lions twice, winning 5-0 and drew the other 1-1; beat Seba 4-1, Waterhouse 3-1 and lost 1-0 and 3-2 to Reno and Village, respectively????

Massa Mitty theresults are what they are because our JFF is what it is! ...and, you can run and hide all you want, that's a fact!

Comment

What quality opponents did CR, Mexico, and St. Kitts had? its all about coaching. We need soccer coaches, not just coaches who coach soccer. We need to be more proactive than reactive on the soccer field, we have a lazy approach to soccer. Defenders must be taught they have to move with the forwards and stop watching the damn ball. That last goal was inexcusable for a country and coach that qualified for a WC before. All game the same player!!! all game the same garbage, out-running our defenders to the ball. This is the same coach who in a U17 match against Haiti allowed one player to score four goals all down the right wing;Weatherly needs to be more proactive or he should go and use mis PHd or MD whatever he has. Leave the coaching to soccer coaches. Having said that I think Ja will qualify, we will beat Mexico 2-0, beat St. Kitts 2-0, and Costa Rica will beat Mexico. This Costa Rican team is the best in the tournament.
                      Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                      Mitty

Comment

<DIV>
                        Mitty (2/22/2007)What quality opponents did CR, Mexico, and St. Kitts had? its all about coaching. We need soccer coaches, not just coaches who coach soccer. We need to be more proactive than reactive on the soccer field, we have a lazy approach to soccer. Defenders must be taught they have to move with the forwards and stop watching the damn ball. That last goal was inexcusable for a country and coach that qualified for a WC before. All game the same player!!! all game the same garbage, out-running our defenders to the ball. This is the same coach who in a U17 match against Haiti allowed one player to score four goals all down the right wing;Weatherly needs to be more proactive or he should go and use mis PHd or MD whatever he has. Leave the coaching to soccer coaches. Having said that I think Ja will qualify, we will beat Mexico 2-0, beat St. Kitts 2-0, and Costa Rica will beat Mexico. This Costa Rican team is the best in the tournament.
                        </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I remember not too long ago when Weatherly was the brightest hope among our coaches. Oh well.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But yuh talk about which quality teams did these countries play against? Well, one Giovanni dos Santos only plays with a Spanish club called Barcelona. Don't believe for one minute that the others do basket-weaving when they are not playing football. This is U-20 football. For most countries in the world, dem almost veterans already. Not exactly, but yuh know what ah mean.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So mosiah what do you think about leo who coached our team is he a good coach ?? you never mentioned him ....

Comment

Mosiah (2/22/2007)<DIV>
                            Mitty (2/22/2007)What quality opponents did CR, Mexico, and St. Kitts had? its all about coaching. We need soccer coaches, not just coaches who coach soccer. We need to be more proactive than reactive on the soccer field, we have a lazy approach to soccer. Defenders must be taught they have to move with the forwards and stop watching the damn ball. That last goal was inexcusable for a country and coach that qualified for a WC before. All game the same player!!! all game the same garbage, out-running our defenders to the ball. This is the same coach who in a U17 match against Haiti allowed one player to score four goals all down the right wing;Weatherly needs to be more proactive or he should go and use mis PHd or MD whatever he has. Leave the coaching to soccer coaches. Having said that I think Ja will qualify, we will beat Mexico 2-0, beat St. Kitts 2-0, and Costa Rica will beat Mexico. This Costa Rican team is the best in the tournament.
                            </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I remember not too long ago when Weatherly was the brightest hope among our coaches. Oh well.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But yuh talk about which quality teams did these countries play against? Well, one Giovanni dos Santos only plays with a Spanish club called Barcelona. Don't believe for one minute that the others do basket-weaving when they are not playing football. This is U-20 football. For most countries in the world, dem almost veterans already. Not exactly, but yuh know what ah mean.</DIV>
                            I amthinking I heard that a number of the Costa Rican and Mexican U-20 players played in their countries premier division.

Just as an aside: Are there any members of our U-20 team who play in our NPL?

If there are, isn't it an indictment against our NPL?

Consider this - Why would our players who have been playing for some time at school...possible parish leagues and our NPL...after years of playing,not be able to do the basics?

Comment

<DIV>Which Leo is that? </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>If he is the coach of the Trini U-20s, then what can I say. The T&amp;T U-20s didn't look bad against Jamaica at all.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I can't really comment on T&amp;T coaches. I have heard from someone who played with one of your club sides that the coaching at that particular club was good, better than what he had in Jamaica. But is that across the board? What about high school coaches? I really don't know.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Oh! Are you talking Beenhakker? Do you consider Leo a T&amp;T coach? Then where is he now?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Of course Leo Beenhakker was quality. Is there any doubt about that? He also seemed to have got quite a bit of support however. T&amp;T played many matches leading up to the WC and even though the results were ordinary, they must have helped when it really mattered.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I wonder if Bertille would have received similar support?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X