Captain Horace Burrell expresses regret over CFU cash-for-v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Horace Burrell expresses regret over CFU cash-for-v

Horace Burrell apologised on behalf of members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) for their involvement in the cash-for-votes, bribery scandal involving former FIFA presidential candidate, Mohamed bin Hammam.

Link to Guyana Chronicle News report: http://bit.ly/yCgidC
    The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) president was speaking at a media conference on Tuesday, two days after his three-month suspension from the game instituted by the sport’s World governing body, FIFA, ended.Burrell and several other leading CFU officials were either suspended, fined or reprimanded by FIFA, following a meeting last May in Trinidad, where it is alleged that bin Hamman offered US$40 000 and other gifts to each association to support him against incumbent Sepp Blatter in last June’s FIFA presidential elections.“Everyone that attended that meeting last May in Trinidad regrets it,” said Burrell.“It is not something that we are happy about. In fact, we would have preferred not to have gone.”He added: “Having said that, it is now through the window, and we plan to move forward positively.“Also, one has to understand that in life events will occur and we should learn from (them).”The scandal led to bin Hammam being banned from the sport for life and former FIFA vice-president Austin 'Jack' Warner, the former CONCACAF and CFU president, resigning in disgrace.Burrell said he was now eager to get back to running the JFF and moving the sport forward in the island.“It’s indeed a very pleasant day for me because coming off a three-month lay-off, returning to office is really pleasant,” said Burrell.“I’m back with renewed energy and will give Jamaica the ‘full hundred’ first and foremost. My first priority is to give Jamaica my full focus, CFU, CONCACAF and FIFA will come after.”He added: “Today is a day for telling exactly how (the JFF) is going to move forward. We’re not going to be speaking a lot about the past because as far as the FIFA is concerned, all that took place in May is now closed - so said the president of FIFA, Joseph ‘Sepp’ Blatter - and to prove that this is all true, yours truly have been named as a member of the committee responsible for resuscitating the football programmes in the Caribbean.”Burrell said Corporate Jamaica was elated at his return to the helm of the local administration and he would be making a big sponsorship announcement in the near future.“There are no concerns as far as we understand it with corporate Jamaica as a result of the issue,” said Burrell.“I am hearing some great news, and in a matter of days, I can assure that I will be making an announcement that will make the entire football fraternity very happy.“Indeed, many have been waiting and have expressed their appreciation in seeing me back, and as such they can’t wait to support the Reggae Boyz programme once again.”Burrell said it would take about US$5 million to fund the Reggae Boyz for qualification for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and the team, which has been idle since last October, will return to competition with three friendlies next month.There will be two friendly internationals with Caribbean neighbours Cuba, set for the National Stadium on Ash Wednesday, February 22, and two days later at the Montego Bay Sports Complex.The team then departs on February 25 for Auckland, New Zealand, for a friendly with the host country on the FIFA calendar date of February 29.New Zealand qualified for the World Cup Finals in South Africa two years ago as the top team from Oceania, and with the fourth-placed CONCACAF team scheduled to oppose the first-placed team from Oceania for a place at the 2014 World Cup Finals in Brazil, Burrell noted this could be a good test for the Boyz, just in case.

Remember, Captain Hook is outnumbered, and he couldn't even defeat an unarmed boy in a fair fight. However, Horace & Jasper were incredibly stupid, couldn't even kill a pack of puppies, even when they had them cornered, and they were outsmarted by a bunch of dogs and barnyard animals.

Comment

Man.....not allot of comments here. Why not. Like to hear more from Jamaicans

Comment

Funny how Burrell gets a free pass from so many in Jamaica...especially the flaccid, ineffectual media

The public deserves to know what exactly he did (or failed to do) to warrant a suspension...since he will continue to act in OUR name

It's not good enough to state that
        We’re not going to be speaking a lot about the past because as far as the FIFA is concerned, all that took place in May is now closed - so said the president of FIFA, Joseph ‘Sepp’ Blatter
        Who cares about what that corrupt fellow Blatter has to say...that has nothing to do with us

Leggo di details NOW!!!.... ar Pack yuh Bags an GO!
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Just mek we know how him spend the $40,000!

Just mek we know how him spend the $40,000!

Jack offers advice on accepting US$40,000 'gifts'

Secret videotape surfaces

By Denyse Renne and Ian Prescott

Story Updated: Oct 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM ECT

An English newspaper, The Telegraph, has got hold of a tape which it has interpreted as showing Works Minister Jack Warner offering advice on gifts to Caribbean Football Union officials at a conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Port of Spain, in May.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/...131706723.html
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X