African Cup of Nations;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Cup of Nations;

Keeping my eye out for the soon to be World Cup Winners Ghana in this competition.
    Should be a nice likkle work out in preparation or bigga success in the future . Remember where you hear it first.

21 Jan: Eq Guinea v Libya
    21 Jan: Senegal v Zambia
    25 Jan: Libya v Zambia
    25 Jan: Eq Guinea v Senegal
    29 Jan: Eq Guinea v Zambia (Malabo)
    29 Jan: Libya v Senegal

GROUP B FIXTURES

22 Jan: Iv Coast v Sudan
    22 Jan: B Faso v Angola
    26 Jan: Sudan v Angola
    26 Jan: Iv Coast v B Faso
    30 Jan: Sudan v B Faso (Bata)
    30 Jan: Iv Coast v Angola

GROUP C FIXTURES

23 Jan: Gabon v Niger
    23 Jan: Morocco v Tunisia
    27 Jan: Niger v Tunisia
    27 Jan: Gabon v Morocco
    31 Jan: Gabon v Tunisia (Franceville)
    31 Jan: Niger v Morocco

GROUP D FIXTURES

24 Jan: Ghana v Botswana
    24 Jan: Mali v Guinea
    28 Jan: Botswana v Guinea
    28 Jan: Ghana v Mali
    01 Feb: Botswana v Mali (Libreville)
    01 Feb: Ghana v Guinea
    Last edited by GazX; January 22, 2012, 10:19 AM.

Watch Zambia in this tourney

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Definitely. They beat Senegal in their opening match, but I dont know the score.

Comment

Good eye!

Zambia is not a johnny-come-lately country in football.

If i am not mistaken...they have not fully recovered from the the planecrash that wiped out their great squad --(could be in the late 80's or early 90's).

Not following the tourney (yet) but I would be very happy if they show.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

1993. the next year they made the ANC finals and lost to nigeria i think. they have now recovered i think

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Ghana up and running. Tuff resistance given by Botswana but hey, great tings nevah come easy.

Comment

yeah... and no comment on this kind of behaviour if the report is accurate. I must admit that I haven't seen it but... black on black stupidness don even raise a eyebrow! eff it was uruguay whe did do dat see how de board light up...ahhh bwoyyy
              http://af.reuters.com/article/gabonN...B9268320120125
              Peter R

Comment

Unsporting behaviour yes but is the writer seriously trying to draw a comparrison to a DEFINATE winning goal (goal keeper beaten) which denied progression into a WC final?

Comment

So because a man hands a ball on the line clearly denying a goal and a man fouls another before he gets a chance at goal the principle (IMO) changes? Aren't we talking about degrees here... I WILL ALWAYS REITERATE that I would have done EXACTLY what Suarez did in that situation AND what Mensah just did... its called taking one for the team. Until FIFA changes the law and allows an automatic goal in the Suarez type infraction what he did is fair game again IMO. Suarez fouled THE BALL.... Mensah fouled THE MAN... which one was really more dangerous?

The fact that it happened (Mensah's foul) just outside the area let him off the hook for a penalty but, IMO the principle of fouling to prevent a goal is no different in either situation...isn't that the reason for either foul? the fact that one is closer to being scored is just a matter of degree given the nature of both fouls... Mensah is a hero for preventing a possible goal and potentially damaging a man, Suarez is a cheat because he "hands" a ball preventing a sure goal and fouled the ball...?

Perspective is a curious thing!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbEdwHvBZYM
                  Peter R

Comment

Brilliant play by Suarez. LOL

Big up all the scientist them.

Comment

F U, Ghana

Gyan to take the penalty kick, he shoots, HE SUCKS!

Gyan to take the penalty kick, he shoots, HE SUCKS!

The final four of the World Cup,

Gyan had the chance, and he fed up.

Then came Mensah, he sucked even worse.

Comment

Again the question to consider is, is it definate that Ramatlhakwan would have scored even if Mensah never did bump into him. Or would Ghana definately have been awarded a winning goal if Suarez hand wasnt too dyam farse?

Comment

Ghana would definitely been awarded the goal if 1) the shot Suarez batted away had gone into the net, or 2) if Gyan's penalty kick went into the net.
                          Ghana also had 30 minutes in overtime with a one-man advantage, but failed, too.

I know of no rule where a referee can award a goal without the ball going into the net. He can only award a free kick or a penalty kick. If there is such a rule, I would like to know.

Comment

The hypocrisy is killing me... unuh excuse Mensah but lambaste Suarez... give me a break!
                            Peter R

Comment

Working...
                            X