Balotelli charged with violent conduct by FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    "This looks poor when you slow it down." words from David Platt of the same offence that Paul Marin, HL and 1of1 sees differently.
    Do you think they needed to slow it down for Pepe's stamp on Messi?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Baddaz, other than you , bricktop and paul M., oh yeah, Jangle who didn't actually address the issue, no one spoke about the Pepe stamp on Messi. Dealing with the actual physical act, Pepe's was at least four times ( I really don't know how this can be quantified to be honest) as bad as what Balotelli did... the fact that there are some who would give him (Balotelli) the benefit of doubt speaks volumes to the difference in the two incidents. ABSOLUTELY no one that I have seen including the Madrid press ( the little that I see) defended Pepe. In fact they lambasted him, including Marca.com, a big Spanish website that I believe is partial to Real Madrid. This guy, Pepe, is the sort of animal i would want to have nothing to do with.

With respect to comparing racism and its ugly manifestation to a physical attack, I agree with you that it is as equally if not more so despicable than a physical attack on a player... my take however, is that a player, usually, would be able to overcome a verbal attack more so than the outcome of a physical attack that could literally end a player's football career. Of course physical abuse and racial discrimination are two scourges that we would all like to see eradicated... one being more despicable than another is really a matter of philosophy and how you view the world. They both need to be dealt with in football as well as in society at large.

In Suarez's case as in the Balotelli incident, it still is NOT CONCLUSIVE that he committed a racist act IMO. If he is a racist he deserves everything and more that is thrown at him, however, and I dont want to rehash this, the fact that he admitted to saying "negro" does not again, IMO, make him a racist. Again as Jamaicans, we refer to certain women as a "browning" to their face and behind their backs..." de browning look sweet".. does that make you a racist? This is the context of Suarez's defense and I as a student of literature and language as well as, what I believe to be, a world citizen am willing at this point to give him the benefit.
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
        rightfully... also pepe deserves a similar or more punitive ban for his acton against messi...

there is no place for those career threatening actions by players in the game...
        Baddaz - we are perfectly aligned on Pepe. The reason I don't agree with the ban on Balotelli is because it is inconclusive in my opinion. Where else was he going to put his foot if he was trying to keep his balance? Just so you know, I don't believe in convicting people of any stripe without conclusive evidence. I can't look at that video and determine if his step was intentional...that's why I let him off the hook.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Balotelli, Lescott and Pepe should all be flogged, put in a barrell and pssed on.......then arrested for assault. Oh, throw in Suarez and John Terry into that same barrell of pss too. Now you know where I stand PeterR.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
            Nobody wants to say it. If Balotelli was a WHITE player it would not have been a problem....
            cant agree wid dat contention...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

respect sah... inconclusive, as in it could be intentional or accidental... if that is the case, you should disagree but accept the decision of the fa who will, like many see the act as malicious and intentional...

matter of opinions and interpretations... lol...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

All I shall say have you every stepped on anything that under that foot caused a shift from putting down that foot and transfering weight to other foot?

Well ...if you have in all probability you were perfectly balanced when that occurred. Just think on if the above occurred and you were being 'moved about' by coming in contact with another person while in the process of executing swift action as was Balotelli.

...and that is all I have to say about that!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That was an accident .
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

...witht a BIG brush in yuh hand... you should use it to paint walls and not people... LOL
                    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                      respect sah... inconclusive, as in it could be intentional or accidental... if that is the case, you should disagree but accept the decision of the fa who will, like many see the act as malicious and intentional...

matter of opinions and interpretations... lol...
                      Well...the problem I have is that the FA isn't a group I trust...dem too chuppid and fool-fool. Balla-telli is continually being singled out true him don' fit the status quo. As he says: "Why always me?" LOL. My predisposition is always to give the accused the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Is there anybody who dont think there is some kinda vendetta gainst Ballotelli?

Comment

Pointless arguing...once you have been branded..that's it.

Comment

I watched it live...I've seen NUMEROUS REPLAYS...doesn't warrant any match bans....don't need to read anyone's post to offer my opinion...yu hv your opionion, I hv mine.

Comment

Working...
                            X