No announcement yet.

Hue gets third call-up for Reggae Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really sad ting is him nevah put out more effort.. couldah did get more game over Andy Williams and hone his skill playing next tuh Maestro.. King Tappa..

Oh well...

Comment

Like Tappa was a defensive terror......Hue has been our best midfielder since his juniour years,Jamaicas inability to make the most of him are Jamaicas fault.

I wish he would walk away, from these jokers spare himself further humiliation.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Outside of Harbour View, which club has Hue been a fixture in? Everyone raves about his supposed skills and when given a chance he cannot seem to cement a place in the National team and several professional outfits overseas. Why is this? Are those who are paid to judge players workrate and professional attitude missing the plot when it comes to Hue? Would his perceived lack of "workrate" be overlooked if he was from a more recognized football culture, i.e. Brazilian or Spaniard?

Comment

It can not all be due to badmind for him not being a regular member of the national team. Ballers who possess the skills & talent will eventually rise to the top of their profession if they hard workers.....
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            In today's football...today's fast paced game...of picking Hue now?
            Waste! For Christ-sake we are not preparing to play against Jamaica's National Premier League teams. The players chosen must be with eye on the faster pace, higher levels international circuit - CONCACAF and beyond!

A sure sign the technical committee has not a clue.
            Have you ever seen Juan Roman Riquelme play. I guess his work rate would never have been enough for Jamaica's National team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shola View Post
              Have you ever seen Juan Roman Riquelme play. I guess his work rate would never have been enough for Jamaica's National team.
              Yes!
              ...and before him Allan "Skill" Cole and Carlos Valderrama, - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_...(soccer_player) - all so-called 'slow' across ground players, their pace and work-rate when compared to Hue's in his prime appear to be speed of light fast and unending!

However, whatever we think of Hue, at this time inclusion on our Jamaica team striving to be at the 2014 World Cup and once there to create waves...is a waste. A Hue on the field of play against a Mexico or USA would guarantee our 'playing with 10'!

That he has been included is a tribute to the impression(s) he has made on the only group with responsibility to make our selections. So that is a feather in his cap.

Aside: Primary focus in this game is the ball! - *Possession is key.
              One of the atributes needed is speed! - *Thought (quickness on making/taking best option), rate of progress across ground & and 'speed of foot'.

*Possession - gained through thought process that leads to movement, application of necessary technical skills and successful TEAM work.
              Last edited by Karl; February 20, 2012, 12:52 PM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

High level ball game and NPL pace is two different thing. Valderama did seem slow and look like him nuh play much defense inna WC and MLS. Yet when the man reach National Stadium him look like him a outhustle the entire Jamaican midfield including Fitzroy Simpson. Andy Williams look lazy throughout most of his career, yet when him get put in a midfield with Jermaine Hue from Juniors to Senior team, him did look like a hard worker compared to Hue. Tappa and Hue play in Premier League sametime and the difference in the movement off the ball was also obvious.

Comment

lol ! woiee !

Yes.. it was a conspiracy against Hue..

If yuh tek a poll of all national players and coaches since 1994 for who has been was the best Jamaica Player from dat time till now(figgeht midfield ongly) .. what yuh tink the results would be ?

Easy yuhself Nandi.. um... I mean X..

Comment

Who's on the Technical committee?

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    In today's football...today's fast paced game...of picking Hue now?
                    Waste! For Christ-sake we are not preparing to play against Jamaica's National Premier League teams. The players chosen must be with eye on the faster pace, higher levels international circuit - CONCACAF and beyond!

A sure sign the technical committee has not a clue.
                    You have a good point here Karl. I'll be in Jamaica and hope to watch Mr.Hue play on the 9 PM TV Match Feb 27. Have never watch him play, so interesting to see how HVFC uses him.

No pace no game. International football is played faster than ever (the play and the ball in attack). Training MUST be FAST not slow. When you get into an international match and you've trained slow your finished.

Comment

Paul, people have (like you, Karl et. al are doing now) always doubted Jerry whenever he gets a call-up for the national team. He has played about 30 games (scoring 11 times) so far for the national team and he has not yet had a bad game in the Reggaeboyz jersey. Most of his games have been stellar, and there were a few where he was just good.

The doubters have always voiced their opinions (to which they are absolutely entitled), but aside from his lack of defence there isn't much else to criticize. He is a creative and offensive player, and if that is what we need right now there is no one to compare.

The only "sure sign the technical committee has not a clue" is the question: how is it that the best midfield general we have had sine Tappa retired, has only played 30 times for Jamaica?
                      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

seriously karl... have ou ever seen hue have a bad game for jamaica, despite his 'slowness'... everybody talks about fast pace and work rate... a player with hue's skill doesn't have to fit the mold... he gets the job done with his 'slowness' and 'low workrate'... he plays to his strengths... it takes a good coach to put the right players around his talent to make it work... his talent should not have been ignored all these years...
                        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

what system are they using? 4-3-3 or 4-4-2... play him in the hole in behind the strikers and give him a free role.

Comment

Pace

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                            Paul, people have (like you, Karl et. al are doing now) always doubted Jerry whenever he gets a call-up for the national team. He has played about 30 games (scoring 11 times) so far for the national team and he has not yet had a bad game in the Reggaeboyz jersey. Most of his games have been stellar, and there were a few where he was just good.

The doubters have always voiced their opinions (to which they are absolutely entitled), but aside from his lack of defence there isn't much else to criticize. He is a creative and offensive player, and if that is what we need right now there is no one to compare.

The only "sure sign the technical committee has not a clue" is the question: how is it that the best midfield general we have had sine Tappa retired, has only played 30 times for Jamaica?
                            I never doubted him as I do not know his pace and as I said never saw him play. I will watch in a match and several training sessions if he does not go abroad. I only wish him the best and being called up is great for him and HVFC. Maybe some where something went wrong in those guys in the JFF and could have selected him more often and of recent. Tappa sees the lad as something good and he's qualified to no one when he sees them as he was one. Maybe he is getting his way now in player selections.

The international match is about have speed when it's needed. So coaches want this in a player. their speed is needed require both in attack and defense. Like I said if a player has no speed he will not fit into the international game. Okay maybe okay for your local CFU matches and maybe some CONCACAF match, but in w/c play to be winners.

Comment

Agree totally. I have seen him play on a number of occasions. I think the word lazy is appropriate.

Comment

Now its time fi shine ballah, like yuh nevah shine before. Love di call kah when it come to creativity business mi love dis ballah, wi need smady likkah dis. Since dem a mek mi young ballah a shine di pine ah Englan, ah kyaan tek dem pale deh, get pan man nerves

Comment

Working...
                                X