Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounders buy out contract of O'Brian White for 2012

Sounders buy out the contract of injured forward O'Brian White for 2012

After seeking out multiple medical opinions across the country, the Sounders have elected to buy out the guaranteed contract of injured forward O'Brian White for the 2012 season, the team announced Thursday.

White, 26, has suffered from recurring blood clots in his left leg since last year and has undergone at least two surgeries (first in April, then in August after a setback).

"Unfortunately, because of his medical situation, we have reached an agreement to buy out O'Brian White's contract," said Adrian Hanauer, general manager and part owner, in a news release. "We will fully support O'Brian and will continue to help him rehabilitate with the hope he can resume his playing career."

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Very sad indeed. A youth with a lot of promise but dogged by injury. I wish him all the best and hope this is not the end of the line for him.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X