RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blame the bunch of incompetents running the JFF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blame the bunch of incompetents running the JFF!

With all the debate going on currently about bringing the forum back to its old format, all I have to say is that Jamaica's football today is not what it was a couple years ago. Until our football is back to where it was pre Crenston Boxhill,we will continue to see things falling off. There is hardlyanything to discuss centering around our football today, because the current people in charge a bunch of lunatics who preffer to "play it safe" and show a US$ 1,000 profit at the end of the year, rather than taking calculated risks in getting our teams playing on a regular basis.

I for one (and I am sure no one misses me) find myself doing more browsing than posting, and it has nothing to do with the format of the current forum, it has more to do with the overall vibes surrounding our football in general.

I remember the days whenI drove to work in the mornings looking forward to sitting down at my desk with my coffee and logging on to the forum to get the results of Jamaicas friendly game vs teams such as Zambia, Bulgaria etc, or to engage the massive in what was very interesting topics surrounding our football.

When We hired Bora, we heard promises of us playing at least one friendly international game per month. Bora has been in charge for going on 4 months now, and we are yet to see the full international squad play a friendly game. We couldnt even afford the man a game in the office to "break" him in.

Our football has lost its way, and I put it all down to incompetent leadership. As much as I disliked Burrell's arrogance...The man was by far doing a better Job at running our football.

Nowadays we cant even qualify for the Digicel cup. I wouldnt at all be surprised of Bora doesnt see through is contract to completion.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

RE: Blame the bunch of incompetents running the JFF!

Boxhill have more credibility than burrell . plus how do you know burrell not trying to undermine boxhill.. he has been doing it from day 1 .... boxhill fuh JFF president from 2007 - 2011.RF just Look at the funding the jff is getting now burrell eva get that ?? Burrell was doing like warnerwhenhe was at the helm funding football from his captain bakery chain.

Keep it up boxhill he will win later this year

Comment

I agree with you RF, the slow down of the forum has nothing to do with change of format. It is just that nutten nah gwaan. How much can you talk about Jamaica football and not repeat yourself if nothing is happening.

Anyway, for those talking about the forum is slow and it is because of format, just wait until ball start roll. When we have something to talk about you will see each and everyone on here again and they will just forget format. In fact, this forum is handling more traffic and accepting more posts, but the more organized format makes it seem as if nothing is happening.

People, we have to realize that nothing is constant in life. Those of you who use computer daily know that the technology is ever changing and we cannot sit back and be allowed to be left in the technological backwaters because a few people do not like change.

Anybody remembered that the previous forum was down for two days during the World Cup 2006? Yes, our host shutus down, because the forum required some much needed maintenance and was seriously affecting their server. We did not have the time to dedicate to revamping that forum, nor the resources to bring in someone from outside to deal with it, so we chose this option of buying a forum application and bought one to replace the previous.

We are still not in a position or have the desire to rework the other forum as it is a thing of the past. We therefore can forget about returning to the previous format.

For those who chose to talk about forum being slow, let me give you a little statistics. We are averaging approximately4000 post per month (new forum launched Sept 2006) and we are having more pages read on this new forum than the previous. This forum lays out the posts much better and a man like Rico or OJ do not have to be around when the discussion is taking place to come on later and read and participate if they like. The previous forum, if there was one busy thread on the forum, you would feel as if the whole world was participating, when in fact it was far from the case. The fact is, we could improve that by investing some time in redeveloping that forum. It washowever easier to buy an application out there than to find the time to dedicate to developing and supporting your own application over time. I am sure it is easier for you guys to buy a copy of Microsoft Word than it is trying to develop your own.

On the old forum, most people also do not bother scrolling back a couple pages to read the discussions which went on earlier in the day (I know I did not). Because of that, many threads started at a certain time just did not get the attention they deserve from the many readers who may have come on later.

Anyway, we have made the change as we realized that as the systems which host our site upgrade to new and better support platforms, we also need to change with the changes. The decision was taken to move the site in a direction geared at meeting the demandsofthe future of the Reggae Boyz fans from around the world. Hey, Windows 95 may still work and while you are comfortable with it, there was Windows 98, then Windows ME, NT, 2000, Windows XP and now Windows Vista. You may like the Microsoft Word you used on Windows 95, but it may not work as well on Windows XP and Vista.

The bottom line is, if you choose to hold on to what you are comfortable with and not change with the changes, then you are riding for a fall. The forum being down for two daysduring the most important sporting event on our calendarwas an eye opener to us who run the site. The decisions we took may cause some initial inconvenience, just as you are inconvenienced when you start using any new software. Over time however, you will find that it becomes second nature.

As the late great Jacob Miller said in his song, "we haffi forward ever and backward never. . ."
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Naminirt (3/7/2007)Boxhill have more credibility than burrell . plus how do you know burrell not trying to undermine boxhill.. he has been doing it from day 1 .... boxhill fuh JFF president from 2007 - 2011.RF just Look at the funding the jff is getting now burrell eva get that ?? Burrell was doing like warnerwhenhe was at the helm funding football from his captain bakery chain.

Keep it up boxhill he will win later this year
        The fact that we have a Trini hereadvocating forBoxhill to remain in office sums it all up.Triniman, enjoy it while you can. November is 7 months away.

Triniman, I am not sure you are qualified to ask these questions of Jamaica's football. Did you just say that Boxhill is getting more sponsorship from the private sector than Burrell ever did? That alone proves my point.
        President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Well judging from you poster he seems not to have a problem getting money. Unlike burrell there was not transparency come on RF Boxhill is doing a good job burrell is trying to sabotagehim from day 1 .. whats make you think burrell will win...

Comment

Burrell undermining Boxhill!

How so?

Boxhill attacking Burrell?

How so?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Naminirt (3/7/2007)Well judging from you poster he seems not to have a problem getting money. Unlike burrell there was not transparency come on RF Boxhill is doing a good job burrell is trying to sabotagehim from day 1 .. whats make you think burrell will win...
              So funny man. I can just see Trini man now...down on bended knees praying (Pray) that Boxhill remain in power. Cant blame you Triniman, looking out for the best interest of T&T football (tup)

Comment

Plus you can write long responses in this format...heh, heh....

Comment

Look Here RF i dont care who is in charge becuase does not affect trinidad in any way so cool nuh man...

Comment

Naminirt (3/8/2007)Look Here RF i dont care who is in charge becuase does not affect trinidad in any way so cool nuh man...
                    continue to pray...hard. (Pray)

Comment

does burrell being in charge automatically make the RB better ?? Nope i dont think so.. nope praying here ....

Comment

Naminirt (3/8/2007)does burrell being in charge automatically make the RB better ?? Nope i dont think so.. nope praying here ....
                        You still not praying hard enough (Pray)(Pray)(Pray)

Comment

boy rf boxhill will win and no need to pray

Comment

Blah blah blah same foolishness unnuh come wit everytime. The problem with the new site is that the format takes away from the free flowing nature of the site not that it is new. You may have more posts than the oldsite but it's you Karl and Mosiah posting to each other. In case yuh haven't noticed nobody comes here anymore so you and the advertisers that yuh sell out to can have a grand old time keeping each others company. The last time I checked advertisers want to reach the largest audience possible not three people. Unnuh and yuh site tun inna joke to rhattid (tdown)

Comment

Working...
                            X