RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sass, who do you want as the next Villa manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sass, who do you want as the next Villa manager?

Alex McLeish is locked in talks with Aston Villa, amid claims he could be set to lose his job with the Premier League side.
    Sky Sports understands that McLeish is meeting with Villa's hierarchy - owner Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner.
    And local sources are claiming that McLeish's tenure, which began in controversial circumstances last summer, will be brought to an end.
    The Birmingham Mail goes as far as to say they expect the Scot to be relieved of his job on Monday
    McLeish was appointed manager of Villa, succeeding Gerard Houllier, just weeks after he had quit as boss of their local rivals Birmingham City - who had just been relegated.
    His appointment was met with anger by some sections of the Villa fan-base and he has never been able to win them over.
    McLeish has also been unable to get the best out of Villa, as they only escaped relegation by two points in finishing a lowly 16th.

1) David Moyes 2) David Moyes only a pity he won't leave Everton.

3) Hughton but Villa fans would be mda again

4) A nice young foriegn manager

5) Big Sam, mi think we could work with him.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      1) David Moyes 2) David Moyes only a pity he won't leave Everton.

3) Hughton but Villa fans would be mda again

4) A nice young foriegn manager

5) Big Sam, mi think we could work with him.
      They tried to get Martinez from Wigan last time, i think he would do well there. What you think?

Comment

yes I forget him. Put him at number 2. I really like him. Speaks well, Can explain the game and also play some nice brand of football. I really like his world cup coverage the last time around.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

he is gone now. They are saying Lamber of Norwich is the odds on favorite.

Only seen Lambert this season so I am not sure what to make of him.

Comment

he is gone now. They are saying Lamber of Norwich is the odds on favorite.

Only seen Lambert this season so I am not sure what to make of him.
            Well he is a rookie manager with a fantastic record i remember he took league 2 Wycombe Wanderers to the semi-final of the Carling cup knocking out 2 premier league teams on the way and drawing 1-1 with Chelsea in the first leg eventually getting knocked out at Stamford Bridge. He took over at a struggling Norwich and got promotion from league 1 in the first season then took them straight through the Championship and into the Prem with more are less the same players and you got to admit these league 1 players are not doing too bad in the Premiership are they? Lambert must be doing something right.

Comment

thanks for the history on him. It sounds good. I didn't know too much about him other than Norwich. I am getting excited.

Comment

Roberto Martínez tops Aston Villa shortlist after Alex McLeish is axed

• Wigan manager fits profile set by club's owner, Randy Lerner
                • Brendan Rodgers and Paul Lambert also under considerationAston Villa may make a second attempt to lure Roberto Martínez from Wigan Athletic in the space of a year. Photograph: Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images

Aston Villa are finalising a shortlist that they hope will lead to a swift managerial appointment being made, possibly as early as the start of next week, after Alex McLeish was put out of his misery and sacked on Monday.
                Wigan Athletic's Roberto Martínez and Paul Lambert at Norwich City are the early frontrunners, with Swansea City's Brendan Rodgers also likely to come under consideration as Villa step up their search for a young and hungry manager capable of reinvigorating the club.
                Martínez is the early favourite for the post and it is understood that Villa's failure to land him last summer, when they were looking for a successor to Gérard Houllier and eventually turned to McLeish, would not discourage the Midlands club from trying to lure the former Swansea manager again. Lambert, who was coy when questioned about his future following Norwich's 2-0 victory over Villa at Carrow Road on Sunday, is in Villa's thoughts as well but is also believed to be on West Bromwich Albion's radar as they pursue a replacement for Roy Hodgson, the new England manager.
                While it is unclear at this stage how easy it would be prise Martínez from Wigan – Dave Whelan, the club's chairman, said last month that the Spaniard "will go to one of the top clubs in Europe with my blessing" — Norwich have sent out a defiant message regarding Lambert.
                "We would not welcome any inquiry for our football manager or any of the club's football players," David McNally, Norwich's chief executive, said. "We will do everything we can and fight this as hard as we have ever fought."
                McLeish's dismissal at Villa came as no surprise after a disastrous season in which the club did not secure their Premier League status until the penultimate match. They finished the campaign in 16th place, only two points clear of safety and amid mounting unrest among the club's supporters.
                Attendances fell away dramatically and McLeish faced ferocious abuse towards the end of the 2-1 defeat at home against Bolton Wanderers last month, which was watched by Randy Lerner and proved to be a tipping point for the Villa owner. From that point on McLeish's position was untenable and it became a matter of when and not if he would be sacked.
                Paul Faulkner, the club's chief executive, flew to America last week to hold talks with Lerner about McLeish's position as concern grew about the path the club were on with the Scot in charge.
                Faulkner met McLeish on Monday and told the manager that his three-year contract had been terminated before he had got as far as 12 months, leaving Villa facing another seven-figure sum in compensation on the back of the £12m spent in "exceptional charges" in 2010‑11 relating to changing the club's "management personnel".
                Villa's fans, however, will deem that almost any price is a price worth paying to get McLeish out of the club. They never accepted him from the moment he arrived, although that had more to do with his record of being relegated twice with Birmingham City and a reputation for playing dull football than the fact that he came from their arch-rivals. Villa won only seven Premier League matches during McLeish's time in charge and managed 37 goals in 38 fixtures. Entertainment was conspicuous by its absence.
                Lerner's comments in the statement that Villa released on Monday afternoon were damning in relation to both McLeish's tenure and Houllier's nine-month reign. "We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years," Lerner said. "Compelling play and results that instil a sense of confidence that Villa is on the right track have been plainly absent. The most immediate action that we can take is to look carefully at our options in terms of bringing in a new manager who sees the club's potential and embraces our collective expectations."

Comment

Impressive!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

In the words of Ronaldo, "WTF???!!!" Sass calm yuhself down.

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

what the rathid wrong with you Jangle

Comment

lol......lol.... (stolen from next door)
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Sass your new manager will be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!

Comment

Great News!!! I would love that.

where you see that?

Comment

Great News!!! I would love that.

where you see that?
                              Love that!!?? What are you? Dumb or fool-fool? Eida dat or crazy!!
                              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                              X