RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Liverpool revolution begins, Dirk Kuyt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Liverpool revolution begins, Dirk Kuyt...

Rodgers' shake-up begins as Kuyt is first big-name out in £1m exit to Turkey

By Sportsmail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 14:26, 3 June 2012 | UPDATED: 18:27, 3 June 2012
    Fenerbahce have announced the signing of Dirk Kuyt from Liverpool.
    The Holland striker has signed a three-year contract with the Turkish giants.

The 31-year-old, who moved to Anfield from Feyenoord in 2006, found first-team starts hard to come by under Kenny Dalglish last season.
    Moving on: Kuyt signs a three year deal at Fenerbahce

Liverpool confirmed the move, saying: 'Liverpool FC can confirm that Dirk Kuyt has advised the club that he has today reached an agreement with Fenerbahce SK over a move to Turkey, and the transfer is expected to be completed in the next few days.'
    The player later added on Twitter: 'I'd like to thank everyone I've worked with at LFC and specially [sic] my teammates. Also I'd like to thank the supporters for there [sic] great support.'

Kuyt, who had a year to run on his Anfield contract, had been expected to leave Merseyside this summer, despite the departure of Dalglish, after a season in which he scored just two Premier League goals.
    He claimed last week he had attracted interest from a host of clubs across Europe.
    On his way: Dirk Kuyt is off to Turkey

The one and only: Kuyt won the League Cup with Liverpool - his only silverware in his six years at Anfield

He was strongly linked with Hamburg and a return to Feyenoord, although he ruled out the latter, saying they would not be able to afford his wages.
    He has opted for a move to Istanbul, though, possibly attracted by the prospect of Champions League football next season.
    Fener will enter the preliminary rounds of the competition after finishing runners-up to Galatasaray in the Super Lig.
    Kuyt leaves Liverpool having won just one trophy in six seasons on Merseyside, the Carling Cup last season, when he scored in the penalty shoot-out win over Cardiff.
    First impression: Kuyt made his Liverpool debut against West Ham in 2006

He joins a Fenerbahce side that finished second in the league after Galatasaray and qualified for next season's Champions League.
    But the final decision rests with the Turkish Football Federation (TFF), which previously banned Fenerbahce from the 2011-2012 Champions League after allegations that several matches were fixed during the 2010-2011 season.

The investigation into the allegations led to a wave of arrests last summer, while Fenerbahce was hit hardest by the case that sent its boss, Aziz Yildirim and more than a dozen team members behind bars in the ongoing trial.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1wlXDRhV2

Cole heading back to Liverpool after midfielder offered Anfield lifeline by new boss Roders

By Sportsmail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 06:53, 6 June 2012 | UPDATED: 06:53, 6 June 2012
    Joe Cole will be given the chance to save his Liverpool career by new manager Brendan Rodgers.
    The 30-year-old midfielder had been linked with a return to West Ham after a successful year-long loan spell at French side Lille.

Success: Joe Cole enjoyed a new lease of life at Lille

But the arrival of Rodgers, who worked with Cole during their time at Chelsea and described him as 'a wonderful talent', has offered him an Anfield reprieve.

'Joe Cole will stay at Liverpool,' Lille coach Rudi Garcia coach told Canal+.
    'The new staff have decided to keep him. We will remember him very fondly as a player but also as a man.'

During his loan spell in France, Cole scored four times in 27 appearances and played alongside Chelsea's new £32m signing Eden Hazard.
    Cole will be one of the players asked to work hard and contribute to a 'cause worth fighting for' as Rodgers seeks to turn around the club's fortunes.
    For all the praise Rodgers' teams have received for their easy-on-the-eye style, he knows first and foremost he has to get them winning regularly again - and that will only come with effort.

Target: Brendan Rodgers knows he must make a winning start

He insists significant, whole-hearted commitment is the very minimum he requires from his squad.
    'I have conditions to work in. I create a framework and the players come in and adhere to,' said the 39-year-old.
    'I hear people talking about working hard but for me it is an obligation, it's not a choice.
    'We all work hard in our everyday lives as people and for players it is no different.
    'It is quite simple. You come in and do a hard day's work. You make sure in training and on match days you come in and you can take your top off and wring it out and it will be soaking wet.
    'It is that honesty you want. If you can work hard and you have got talent it takes you a long way.
    'That will be the emphasis for me here, to try to reinforce that and ensure that commitment to the cause is important because we have a cause to fight for here

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1x24YUgkl

Comment

I would tell him to stay in France.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        I would tell him to stay in France.
        What would he tell you?
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Jangle, you are a genius.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Rodgers' revolution begins as £10m Borini deal casts doubt over Carroll's Liverpool future
            By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
            PUBLISHED: 08:36, 13 July 2012 | UPDATED: 10:32, 13 July 2012
            Comments (31)

On his way: Borini
            Fabio Borini will become Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager after the club agreed a £10million fee for the striker with his club Roma.
            Borini has now arrived at the club's Melwood training ground to have his medical and the deal is expected to go through within the next 48 hours.
            The move for the Italian international plunges Andy Carroll's future into further doubt, with Luis Suarez already ahead of the England man in the Anfield pecking order.
            The deal for Borini gathered pace after the 21-year-old revealed his wish to be reunited with Rodgers, who he worked with at Chelsea and Swansea.
            Borini helped Rodgers' Swans to promotion to the Premier League in May 2011 but joined Parma on a free transfer from Chelsea last summer.
            He was then swiftly loaned out to Roma, for whom he impressed, netting 10 goals in 26 games to earn a place in Italy's Euro 2012 squad.

Having bought half of the player's rights from Parma in January, Roma only purchased the other 50 per cent just two weeks ago, taking their total spending on the player to just £7m - meaning they are happy to make a quick profit.

Out of favour: Carroll is already behind Suarez in the pecking order
            With Rodgers preferring to play just one striker, it is hard to see how £35m-man Carroll will fit into Liverpool's plans for the coming season.
            Former club Newcastle, West Ham, AC Milan and Fulham have been credited with an interest in the 23-year-old.
            Ironically, Borini's first game in a Liverpool shirt could be against Roma at Fenway Sports Park, Boston on July 25.

More...
            Please stay, Maxi! Rodgers hoping to convince Argentine to stick around
            Carroll must forget £35m price tag to succeed, insists Reds legend Fowler
            All the latest Liverpool news, features and opinion

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz20ViHAH2M

Comment

Bren’s done a Sterling job

HOT PROSPECT... Raheem Sterling

Published: 12th July 2012

BRENDAN RODGERS has worked his magic on Liverpool already — according to Reds starlet Raheem Sterling.

Related Stories

The teenage winger has revealed how the new Kop boss has completely revamped pre-season training — cutting down on long-distance running to focus on ball-work.
              And Sterling, 17, insists technical improvements can already be seen throughout the squad and he predicts a successful season ahead.
              The England youngster — who made his Liverpool debut against Wigan in March — said: “The training has been more enjoyable than other seasons because it has been more ball-related.
              “That’s definitely been a surprise — I was expecting long hill runs but it’s nice to come in and do ball work.
              “The manager is getting us to play football. It’s only been about a week and already you can see improvement in the movement of the ball — it’s been really good football so far.
              “Everyone is buzzing and they’re loving the training. All the young lads are saying they love the way things are going and we are really enjoying it.
              “The manager makes everyone feel welcome, even the young lads who are coming up.
              “For him to speak to us is really good. He’s given us advice, he’s a good manager.”

Comment

Carroll nah fit him style eidah.

Comment

"Go to France!" ??? LOL
                  Peter R

Comment

Look like him need fi join Big Sam or Tony Pulis LOL

Comment

Dyamn!!!! That's why me did well want them keep KK or go back for Rafa. Now they'll become annoying again.

Comment

dat soun right fi real

Comment

How to make Liverpool successful in 180 pages: Rodgers presents owners with dossier
                          By DOMINIC KING
                          PUBLISHED: 22:38, 27 July 2012 | UPDATED: 22:38, 27 July 2012
                          Comments (23)

Brendan Rodgers has presented Liverpool’s owners with a 180 page dossier that forensically details his vision for transforming the club’s fortunes.
                          After he was brought into succeed Kenny Dalglish in June, Rodgers met with John W Henry, the principal figure in Fenway Sports Group, to discuss his strategy and footballing ideologies; that meeting provided Henry with absolute vindication he made the right appointment.
                          Rodgers may only be 39 but he has been assembling his coaching manifesto ever since his playing career was prematurely ended by injury, tweaking and improving it, developing it whenever and wherever he has travelled to further his education.

Doing it his way: Brendan Rodgers and Daniel Agger talk during training
                          The Four P's - Rodgers Blueprint
                          Patience: Players are told to maintain concentration and not do anything rash
                          Possession: Opponents cannot cause trouble if they do not have control of the ball
                          Passing: Has to be quick and incisive and keep the opposition on edge
                          Penetration: It is all well and good keeping the ball but without goals it is futile
                          Henry brought Rodgers in to fill a long-term plan and the Irishman, whose side face Tottenham in an intriguing friendly in Baltimore this evening, hopes it will Liverpool evolve as a club.
                          ‘I presented the owners with a document on the culture, philosophy and game plan going forward,’ he explained. ‘It’s a model, a short cut to how I work, the kind of players I want tactically and the personality traits of players. The vision is simple.
                          ‘The aim is to win the most trophies we can. That’s the bigger picture. The second (aim) is to play attractive, attacking football to win games. The third is to bring through as many of the young players as we possibly can. The principles are based on this.
                          ‘When I became a manager I always wanted to go into a club with a clear philosophy, so it’s clear in terms of where everyone is heading. Thankfully at two of my three clubs as manager I’ve been able to create a one club mentality and it’s been successful.
                          ‘I started this (document) over 15 years ago. It’s something I have been piecing together for some time and when I became a manager I put it into a format with a philosophy and methodology.’

Putting the work in: Liverpool's Andy Carroll during a training session ahead of the pre-season friendly match against Tottenham
                          Though Liverpool have only played two games under Rodgers so far, there have been clear signs that his methods are starting to filter through. For instance, Liverpool made 712 passes against FC Toronto last week; their average in Barclays Premier League games last season was 495.

‘For me football is an art, not a science,’ he said. ‘The only statistic I want to know is how good we‘ve been with the ball. In my upbringing, on my travels, the statistic that interested me was if you were better than your opponent with the ball, you have a 79 per cent chance of winning the game.

Looking to the future: Brendan Rodgers with owner John Henry and James Bond actor Daniel Craig
                          ‘Basically, you have an eight out of ten chance of winning, so I’ve followed that my career. You may lose the ninth or tenth, but I have been devoted to that. It won’t always be perfect but I’d rather control and dominate games and have that possibility rather than wait for something to happen.
                          ‘My world has been about creating rather than waiting. If you wait, you rely on somebody else to make a mistake. If you create, you do everything possible to win the game. I’d rather lose a game trying to win it than lose it trying to not get beat.’
                          Success for Rodgers is not going to happen overnight but the most important thing for Liverpool this season, after changing managers three times since May 2010, is to get back on a level footing.
                          ‘The club has been through enough trauma, heartache and problems,’ he said. ‘I could give you a list of problems but it won’t help anything. We have to find a way to challenge again. We need a one city, one club mentality. If we don’t, we will fail. If we can stay as one, we have a real chance.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz21ueui9nY

Comment

Rafa blue print, nothing new under the sun.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Implementation ...... there's the rub!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X