Gunners bring in T&T starlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunners bring in T&T starlet

Arsenal have handed Trinidad & Tobago Under 21 international Lester Peltier a two-day trial at the club.

The 18-year-old, who has already spent time with Millwall and Cardiff since arriving in England, began training with The Gunners' academy on Thursday.

Cardiff liked what they saw from the young San Juan Jabloteh striker during his first trial and have invited him back for a second look next week.

However, should Peltier impress Arsenal the Championship high-flyers might not get a second bite of the cherry to secure his signature.

Work permit issues are unlikely to hold back Peltier as he may qualify for an EU passport through his Dutch grandmother.

Peltier's agent Paul Mohamed told skysports.com: "I spoke to Liam Brady (Arsenal's head of youth development), but it's too early to assess things.

"He trained with the academy on Thursday and that's what he's going to do on Friday.

"He was due to go back to Trinidad on Saturday, but Cardiff want a closer look at him next week and the club have consented to that. Arsenal may have other views.

"He wants to earn a contract in England. That's the plan. He's been at Millwall for two weeks. Then Cardiff expressed an interest.

"I think it's every footballers' dream in Trinidad to follow in the footsteps of Dwight Yorke and Carlos Edwards.

"We're now waiting to hear from Arsenal. I know Cardiff are interested in offering a contract."

Meanwhile, another Cardiff City trialist Jason Marcano, who also plays for San Juan Jabloteh, will return home after failing to earn a deal.

"He's going back to Trinidad tomorrow," Mohamed continued. "He's 23, so I think his age has counted against him."

RE: Gunners bring in T&T starlet

Good luck to the youth. Ever heard of a Peltier element? Nice little contraption developed by one Jean Peltier in the 1800s. Peltier was a French scientist though, not a Dutch or Trini!
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Don't worry. I'm sure he's already back in T&T.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Oh like jermaine hue ha ha ha but ah know one thing would would not have to sneak back in...

Comment

Working...
        X