No announcement yet.

Am I the lone voice of reason here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mek wi start wid Midfielder fuss.. dem wi can talk bout creative..

Comment

Why yuh pushing me down X road? Me thinks me and yuh was bredrin. I am not making a comparison. I am just highlighting two very good passes. I could easily show you excellent passes from Germany or Spain or any one else. The point I am trying to make is that our team and its coach/es should aim at getting the team's completed pass ratio up with the help of using statistics. I know that our playing surfaces play a significant role in this poor ratio in across the ground passes. However, our aerial passes are just as poor or even worse. The weight of a pass is essential - eg. that pass from Nani.

As a fan of the Reggaeboyz, I have gone past watching us playing and just enjoying the game because my expectations were raised by our GC performance where I saw our true potential. I started watching us with a more analytical eye to see if we were progressing. What I've been pointing out over the past week are some of our technical weaknesses that need to be addressed. We have players who are playing much better in their leagues than when they play for us. It is up to the coach to demand much more of these players.....if he knows what he's looking for and if he can communicate this to the players. I have seen Dane Richards make similar passes like the one from Nani to Ronaldo playing for the Red Bulls. I don't know about Shelton when he plays for his club, but Demar Phillips has a nice left foot. He should be whipping in more balls from the left side for our forwards to attack......if that is the game plan. The equalising goal scored by Denamrk against Germany from a corner kick was straight from the training ground. The kick wasn't an aimless one with the hope of finding a Danish head, no, it was played to the back post to one of the best header of the ball on the Danish team, and headed back across the 18 to another Danish player. Our free kicks and corners are aimless and fail to beat the wall. This shows that enough time is not spent practising set pieces. Again, I am not saying that Tappa needs to be teaching these technically better players in the national setup how to pass a ball, but he should be insisting on more accountability from them and use statistic to assist him to get his point across. If a player knows that his game ALSO rest on how many completed passes he makes, then I think he will take more care of the ball.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

There is a fundamental point that is missing from wing play. As much as we want to use the flanks the end product is scoring from crosses and with Marlon not in the lineup we dont have anyone who can deliver from crosses. That is the problem... you can use the flank all you want but you need finishes from crosses and fuller, sheldon is not strong in that regard. Ryan is an option but still not a dominant imposing player. Those are the facts.

Comment

I beg to differ about Fuller. I have been waiting for weeks for someone (Xcuse) to bring up that. Fuller plays for Stoke which is the King of English aerial football. He was their leading goalscorer for how many seasons playing as a lone striker. Their style makes you want to vomit but they use it to great effect to stay up in the Premiership. Now I am not saying that we adopt a lone striker style, but to say that Fuller can't finish crosses coming into the box is wrong. We have never played that syle before. How many penalties Fuller have won playing for Stoke?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

"Why yuh pushing me down X road? Me thinks me and yuh was bredrin. I am not making a comparison. I am just highlighting two very good passes. I could easily show you excellent passes from Germany or Spain or any one else. The point I am trying to make is that our team and its coach/es should aim at getting the team's completed pass ratio up with the help of using statistics. I know that our playing surfaces play a significant role in this poor ratio in across the ground passes. However, our aerial passes are just as poor or even worse. The weight of a pass is essential - eg. that pass from Nani. "

No man the respect concrete, but as a brethren mi have fi point out where mi see the shortfall . Too many times mi see people come and just point out perfection and expect it all the time, but never the bad thing.

You are right about wanting to better the average and mi nuh have no problem with that at all, too many times mi see man a point out the upside of others but not their downside. You see my pull it out and you explain yourself . Now if only X would do that.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

well.. lone voice fi sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                I think Tappa and his crew need to define exactly what they mean by "creative" midfielder. If we are to take the words meaning in the Jamaican vocabulary, then, it would be defined as being a dribbler or a brucky-boo. Probably he should specify to mean a "thinker" who plays the midfield position. I remember during the run-up to the '98 WCQ, Simoes had someone whose job was to record the number of completed passes each players made. All of this statistics thing was very new to most of us fans, but as we became more educated about the game at the highest level, we saw the importance of statistics in football. What is the passing percentage of each player on the team? This information is vital to highlight player's weaknesses. Case in point, Rudolph Austin's percentage which was absolutely poor.

Check out the two passes for Ronaldo's goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27J80cAN25c
                Did you just love the passes that Spain used that ended with the goal vs Croatia?

TEAM glorious TEAM!!!! ..absolutely great! ...just simple commonsense series of movements and passes!!!! Luv hit caan dun!!!!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X