Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Gunner Stay For Life

<DIV id=Articolo_ei1_p1><SPAN class=data>13/03/2007 13.01</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=titolo>Henry Gunner Stay For Life</SPAN> <SPAN class=sommario>Arsenal's injury-plagued captain, Thierry Henry, has declared that he will remain at the North London Premiership club "for life."</SPAN></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV> <DIV id=Articolo_ei1_p2></DIV><DIV>13/03/2007 13.01
    </DIV><DIV>Henry Gunner Stay For Life

Arsenal's injury-plagued captain, Thierry Henry, has declared that he will remain at the North London Premiership club "for life."
    </DIV><DIV>Henry has been ruled out for the rest of the season after aggravating groin and stomach muscle injuries as a 66th minute substitute against PSV Eindhoven in last Wednesday's Champions League clash. PSV scored a late equaliser to put Arsenal out of the tournament 2-1 on aggregate.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The Gunners' elimination prompted some to speculate that the talisman Frenchman had played his last game for the club he joined from Juventus in August 1999. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But Henry has quickly dismissed those rumours and pledged himself to Arsenal for the remainder of his career.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>He told The Sun newspaper: "People in France and some over here are still saying I am going to leave.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>"I am not going to leave. Never. I am staying here for life.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>"I have no intention of walking out on this club, whatever the situation is. At no stage this season have I ever thought about leaving. I love the club, I love the fans and I am 100 per cent behind the boss."</DIV><DIV>Henry also revealed that his injury problems probably stem from playing too much football. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And he cited the dips in form experienced by some other top players who followed last season's club commitments with a high-intensity World Cup campaign in the summer.</DIV><DIV>He said: "This injury isn't down to my age. It's the number of games played that causes injury. Look at (Franck) Ribery, (Claude) Makelele, (William) Gallas, (Patrick) Vieira, they are all injured.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>"Even Ronaldinho is 'dead'. Same for Deco. Or (Steven) Gerrard. This is not the great and the real Gerrard (this season). The players doing well now are those who played less last season."</DIV><DIV></DIV></DIV>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X