Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mi hear all the wonderful things that we

must take from the European cup.

I don't hear for example how wasteful the wonderful Germany side and others has been in this tournament. That is why I can't take nuff of us serious cause we only see the good things about other teams and the bad things about the boyz.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

So what we must emulate the negative stuff too? I wouldn't complain if we were as wasteful as Germany and still drop 4 goals on a side.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

No we must look on the overall picture. We can't just pick out one and two points and expect only that standard from our players. If our team was that wasteful in any game all we get is just cussing.

Sometimes we have to be careful as we only see the "good" in other people and beat down our own.

And just so you know, I support Germany. We have to look on the good and bad of them all, not only from our boyz. First and foremost we have to believe or all is lost.
      Last edited by Assasin; June 23, 2012, 09:04 AM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh nuh know ah ongle wi own wi love criticize wi fraid ah pale all when ah through internet screem, gladyss mi call, or oreo fi di want of a more descriptive term. If ah Jamaica or one African side ah did any ah dem side yah lawd ah massy, yuh wouldah hear di critics an negative cavalry ah come.

Comment

So here is the bottom line bredrin, stats to the world again. Germany has had 45 attempts on goal, they have scored 9, so 20 percent strike rate but even more significant 33 of the strikes were on goal of the 45 that is pretty good shooting that is greater than 70percent when we can get close to 50 percent attempts on goal versus some crazy shots we can talk then. Germany is our role model until then!!!!!

Comment

Our stats in the two qualifiers is more than 50% but the fact is that we take the good stats only and don't compare and act like everybody else is sp far ahead. Yes we need to improve but everyday we come and beat down the youths them and when others do the same we big them up.

Can you tell me the stats on the Greece game?

Comment

The Truth is an offense not a sin..

Comment

Come on now assassin, we don't even keep those stats, we don't measure ourselves, we have no internal goals and we have no improvement process, we are just playing ball, just like we used to play way back when. Let me dig up the German versus Greece game stats.
                Last edited by Stonigut; June 24, 2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Germany 24 shots, 14 on goal! 4 goals, close to 60 percent shot on taget accuracy and a worse goal percentage at 16.6 percent than the average for the tournament so you are right they performed at their worse in terms of accuracy in this game, however that would still be like a record day for Jamaica if we kept the stats.

Comment

the fact is 24 shots and 4 scored. If that was the reggae boyz unnu woulda kill them. Is not like the goalie was making great saves. That is wasteful. If you take 24 shots in a game you expect to score more.

Comment

Sass, but do we get 24 shots in a game? and what is our percentage accuracy? over 60%?... the point is that if a team (regardless who it is) gets enough (accurate) shots they have a great chance of scoring multiple goals... isn't that a lesson to be learned??
                      Peter R

Comment

Did you see the Guatamala game my friend? Yet we were considered wasteful and worthless. How many times did we hit the post and how many times was the goalie was forced to make excellent saves.

I have no problem with the standard but we must use the same standard to judge our players that we use to judge others and give them the same dues when they do the same thing. Now people going to tell me Guatamala is no team so the youths can't win, not even for a day, even when they achieve the same stats or better than Germany did. That is the problem I have.
                        Last edited by Assasin; June 24, 2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Assassin at the core of your argument you are saying we need to be measuring so we can see if we comparing apples to apples or east Indian to say a common mango. Without the Jamaican stats, because of course we not measuring anything except goals scored, we cannot compare, the key point PR is making is that we are Not even roughly playing the same game as the Germans, they have 24 shots at goal and 14 are on target, we probably have 12 shots with three on target, We are not methodically creating the same openings and chances out of mids and we are not finishing when we get those chances therin lies the difference! At the end of it all, we can't benchmark as we have no data on the yard side, thus we cannot improve.

Comment

Not true Stoni. The Goalie made at least 3 excellent saves. We hit the bar at least 2 times and not to mention the half shots the goalie picked up in the Guatamala game. The fact is you guys are speaking stats. Go back and watch the Guatamala game.

There is no doubt Germany is a better team but the stats speak for itself. You guy are using the stats to say that, that is what the Reggae boyz should do but when they do it they are wasteful or not good. How many shots did we have on goal during our game against Guatamala? I can easily count 8 shot without looking back over the game. 2 scored, 2 hitting the bar, 3 very good saves by the Goalie and at least 1 other.

Comment

I am sure you said we could score six in Guatamala game if not for excellent saves and hitting the post.

The stats speak for itself. We can learn a lot from the cup but don't tell me about the stats and when we do the same thing you are telling me "it is not the same thing". Tell me about quality and team but don't cloud the stats.

You tell me you go a good school .
                              Last edited by Assasin; June 24, 2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X