RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portugal v Spain? Thinking of my REGGAE BOYZ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portugal v Spain? Thinking of my REGGAE BOYZ...

...and a 'talking head's' reflection on Spain's play as he thought of his team...heard the best quote (at least sums up best what I was thinking) - "I wish England would play as badly sometimes"!

It was noticable that TEAM Spain was below its normal tip-top quality...imagine we are considering 85% pass completion, defense that limits the opponent to zero shot on target, 60+% possession and aggregate of 800+ passes as for Spain 'poor' or at the least not up to standard ...ooooh yes, I wish my REGGAE BOYZ would play so badly sometimes!!! (~ sigh ~)
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    ...and a 'talking head's' reflection on Spain's play as he thought of his team...heard the best quote (at least sums up best what I was thinking) - "I wish England would play as badly sometimes"!

It was noticable that TEAM Spain was below its normal tip-top quality...imagine we are considering 85% pass completion, defense that limits the opponent to zero shot on target, 60+% possession and aggregate of 800+ passes as for Spain 'poor' or at the least not up to standard ...ooooh yes, I wish my REGGAE BOYZ would play so badly sometimes!!! (~ sigh ~)
    Waiting for Tee time in Shady Pines Karl? You ago mention RBs while talking bout world class team? Get the basics right first nuh? Damn ... beat Antigua first nuh?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Waiting for Tee time in Shady Pines Karl? You ago mention RBs while talking bout world class team? Get the basics right first nuh? Damn ... beat Antigua first nuh?
      You have a point...albeit a likle pint...but it is all about where you wish our REGGAE BOYZ to be; after all is said and done they put on their boots one foot at a time just as the Spaniards!!! Yuh nuh wi caan si an ape!!!!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

they put on their boots one foot at a time just as the Spaniards!!! therefore keammar daley can walk into the barcelona starting 11 by saying the same thing?!!!!

i always notice you making that statement but was wary of asking you what it means, but the time has come ... exactly what do you mean by that?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You have a point...albeit a likle pint...but it is all about where you wish our REGGAE BOYZ to be; after all is said and done they put on their boots one foot at a time just as the Spaniards!!! Yuh nuh wi caan si an ape!!!!
          I put on my shoe one foot at a time just like Usaine ... doesn't change the fact I'll never be the fast man in the world. Why unuh waan put unuh hat where unuh cyaan reach it? Creep first ... before wanting to be like Spain.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

hold on.. I know men like to exaggerate their 'size' but this is ridiculous now...

an inch at a time is reasonable..

Comment

The game yesterday was of the highest quality. The two teams were going at each other with two distinctly different tactics. Both teams' players were on top of their game and were very sharp. You could see their level of concentration. Spain's plan was to nullify Ronaldo and Nani. Each time one of them got the ball, about four Spanish players surrounded them, especially Ronaldo. Spain played how Spain plays, but on steroids. I saw a play between Iniesta and another player that had me wondering if it was a camera trick or if the live feed jumped. It wasn't until they replayed it that I had to accept that the play was real. Portugal's plan was to counter through Ronaldo and Nani which could have worked. That game plan proved to me that Nani, when motivated, is world class and Ronaldo, next to Messi, is on a higher plain than the rest. The level of control and "speed of thought" is unbelievable. Oh I wish..............~sigh~...............
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

yuh talking about the series of pile inna corner near di flag?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

no, a series of passes at the edge of Portugal's 18 where I saw the ball move from the top of the midfield to Iniesta, who had 3 or 4 defenders around him only to see the ball "appear like magic" at another Spanish player (I don't know his name) feet inside the penalty area. All this happenen in under 5 seconds.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

the one they ruled Pedro offside ? which he was not by the way..

there were a couple sequences well involving Iniesta in the midst of the enemy that were breathtaking..

Cannot wait to see a fully rested Spanish side in the final !

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      they put on their boots one foot at a time just as the Spaniards!!! therefore keammar daley can walk into the barcelona starting 11 by saying the same thing?!!!!

i always notice you making that statement but was wary of asking you what it means, but the time has come ... exactly what do you mean by that?
                      We are all children of the same GOD - Within each country there is the latent talent to achieve everything others can or have done!!!

Specific to the way Barcelona and Spain plays - We (our people) have the physical gifts/attributes and the intelligence to do likewise...and to even improve on! Man is man, is man!!!

It appears that sometimes we think of ourselves as "children of a lesser god"! ...if so that must be struck down. However to do that we first would need to believe for us, TALENT ABOUNDS in all areas - academics, physical strengths, etc., etc!

Comment

talent abounds but talent alone will not cut it!

right now, keammar daley is the child of a lesser god when compared to iniesta. in order to compete or to be comparable they will require similar levels of exposure etc. maybe in 15 years we will have that, but right now, footballically speaking iniesta is a god and daley is a mortal, even though they both put on their boots one foot at a time!
                        Last edited by Gamma; June 28, 2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

We are all children of the same GOD - Within each country there is the latent talent to achieve everything others can or have done!!!

Specific to the way Barcelona and Spain plays - We (our people) have the physical gifts/attributes and the intelligence to do likewise...and to even improve on! Man is man, is man!!!

It appears that sometimes we think of ourselves as "children of a lesser god"! ...if so that must be struck down. However to do that we first would need to believe for us, TALENT ABOUNDS in all areas - academics, physical strengths, etc., etc!
                          Ermm....show me the evidence of that! Surely, it cannot be this forum. LOL!!! Seriously, I don't think we have the intelligence. Take Barbados, the most literate country on the planet, they have a culture that supports education far more than ours does. That's intelligent.

To get anywhere, we need to start with BASIC education. Years ago I was coaching in the hotel league on the north coast; I asked one of my players on the bench to write down the names of the starters on a sheet of paper, in alphabetical order, last name first. I went to the bathroom. When I came back, I asked him for the paper - he started to cry. He hadn't written anything on the page because he didn't know how to read or write. Without these basics (and I am talking reading and writing even at a grade 3 level), teaching anything - even football - becomes a challenge. So when I question intelligence, I am not questioning the inate ability, but rather, our cultural disposition which makes us accept so many of our people being illiterate.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

TALENT ABOUNDS ... LOL .... they continue to fool themselves.

Comment

Harry.....erm...Paul....you have opened another angle to the long-running debate. Hhhhmmmm.....food for thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X