Goalref v Hawk-eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goalref v Hawk-eye

The systems are being voted on today in Switzerland I believe. From what I understood the reporter saying is that the vote is on whether to use the technology; both systems could be approved; Goalref uses a sensor in the ball that disturbs a signal once it fully crosses the line and hawkeye uses the cameras like what we see in tennis.
    Peter R

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    The systems are being voted on today in Switzerland I believe. From what I understood the reporter saying is that the vote is on whether to use the technology; both systems could be approved; Goalref uses a sensor in the ball that disturbs a signal once it fully crosses the line and hawkeye uses the cameras like what we see in tennis.
    Don't be surprised if these crooks don't vote for either system. My bigger concern is that if they do institute technology and there is a flaw somewhere along the line - which is totally possible, they will throw the baby out with the bath water. Part of the problem is that technology is often seen as a panacea, when it's just a better way than the current way...but not fool proof. If they are thinking "fool proof" then we're off on the wrong foot.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Hawkeye it is! Long overdue.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Actually it is BOTH Hawkeye and Goalref. Interesting.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
        X