MLS on the improve. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLS on the improve. . .

Last night I accidentally stumbled on a MLS game, Seattle Vs Colorado. I caught it about the 30th minute of the first half and watched the remainder of the match. I must say, I have not watched MLS in a while and this might be my first game of the season, and I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. The quality of the play, broadcasting as well as atmosphere and fan support have definitely improved.

The two teams were playing some good ball and NBC Sports did a very good job with the coverage. I am not sure who the commentator was, but he was not any of the typical American commentators we have been accustomed to hearing.

The Seattle fans were just "awesome". There you go, I said it! Nowadays people tend to overuse the word "awesome" to describe everything the think is remotely good or if they like something even a little, so I have always refrained from complying. I must say though that for want of a better word, "awesome" would be apt to describe how these fans supported their team, as I was truly in awe. I have not seen fans support like they do almost anywhere.

Eddie Johnson had a good game and scored a beautiful header about the middle of the second half to put Seattle 2-0 up. Omar Cummings coming off injury came in about the 75th minute and scored one for Colorado. He was on the end of another late in the game as well, but it was called back for one of his teammates being offside.

All in all, I must say it was a good showing and I will be looking out for the next televised match by NBC Sports. I may have just become a Seattle fan.

Tilla
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

.. funny the other day I reluctantly went to a MLS game ... and it was 90 minutes of entertaining football. Intend to see a few more games before it get cold again.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      Last night I accidentally stumbled on a MLS game, Seattle Vs Colorado. I caught it about the 30th minute of the first half and watched the remainder of the match. I must say, I have not watched MLS in a while and this might be my first game of the season, and I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. The quality of the play, broadcasting as well as atmosphere and fan support have definitely improved.

The two teams were playing some good ball and NBC Sports did a very good job with the coverage. I am not sure who the commentator was, but he was not any of the typical American commentators we have been accustomed to hearing.

The Seattle fans were just "awesome". There you go, I said it! Nowadays people tend to overuse the word "awesome" to describe everything the think is remotely good or if they like something even a little, so I have always refrained from complying. I must say though that for want of a better word, "awesome" would be apt to describe how these fans supported their team, as I was truly in awe. I have not seen fans support like they do almost anywhere.

Eddie Johnson had a good game and scored a beautiful header about the middle of the second half to put Seattle 2-0 up. Omar Cummings coming off injury came in about the 75th minute and scored one for Colorado. He was on the end of another late in the game as well, but it was called back for one of his teammates being offside.

All in all, I must say it was a good showing and I will be looking out for the next televised match by NBC Sports. I may have just become a Seattle fan.

Tilla
      You should have seen the "derby" a few weeks ago between Portland and Seattle. Check out this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipsqm0106ws All good in what you're saying although I would like to know who the commentator was as I don't think I have ever heard an american commetator that I could liseten to. By the way - where have you been - your likkle hurry come up team win two trophy and we cyan hear from you!
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I am not hiding. Just a have been little busy. . .
        Also, you should know me over the years by now that I am not one to brag and rub it in when we win.

I am not sure who the commentator in the match was, but here are the highlights.

Sounders/Colorado highlights
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla I posted this in June. The forum pundits are oblivious to what is happening to MLS.

The efforts here is to tear down and under-rate the US football system.

Very good eye Tilla T.

Here's what i posted.

MLS is alive and doing very well...
          For those who tuned away after the England v, Italy game...the Timberwolves v. Seattle game is on ESPN.

The Portland stadium ram... and the crowd is extremely rabid!!

Soccer will overtake one of the 3 major sport very soon Maudib.

HL

Comment

Oh ..BTW Chicago v. LA on ESPN on front of a sold-out stadium (20K+). I guess the entire forum is watchin'.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

rhatid.. mi nevah si di last line deh..

better yuh did quite while you were ahead... the last line is a moment of madness..

Comment

you know I have been constantly telling people that the MLS and soccer in America is improving. It maybe because we are living in this era why many of us don't accept it and think it is 1980 american soccer.

Teams like Seatle, Portland, Toronto, vancuover and others who get ram The stadiums most of the time and their supporters are really into the game. You have some good young players in the game and it is competitive for most part.

Glad you enjoy the game Tilla, I follow the teams with Reggae boyz and will also watch an LA game too. The quality has improved a lot.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X