I miss missing football.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss missing football.....

.....and anticipation/ excitement of a brand new season.
    Time was when footy season over and FA cup final play, yuh nevah see anedda match til august. That was almost 3 months of unbearable agony waiting for that curtain raiser Charity Shield match, followed by the BIG kick off and normal footy fix resumed.
    Now however, World Cup, Euro Championship, pre season friendlies, even Olympic football!! now breaks that close season.
    24/7/365 football is the order of the day and so much for that saying keep them wanting more. Chicken, rice n pea's sweet. But try eating it nearly every day and what happen apart from getting fat. Nuh taste suh sweet after a while.
    Same wid de footy. In a couple weeks, Prem league footy start agen in earnest.
    But who can honestly say that during this closed season, you've actually missed it?

Originally posted by GazX View Post
    .....and anticipation/ excitement of a brand new season.
    Time was when footy season over and FA cup final play, yuh nevah see anedda match til august. That was almost 3 months of unbearable agony waiting for that curtain raiser Charity Shield match, followed by the BIG kick off and normal footy fix resumed.
    Now however, World Cup, Euro Championship, pre season friendlies, even Olympic football!! now breaks that close season.
    24/7/365 football is the order of the day and so much for that saying keep them wanting more. Chicken, rice n pea's sweet. But try eating it nearly every day and what happen apart from getting fat. Nuh taste suh sweet after a while.
    Same wid de footy. In a couple weeks, Prem league footy start agen in earnest.
    But who can honestly say that during this closed season, you've actually missed it?
    GazX - I know what you mean, but you have to curtail yourself. Just because the rice & peas and chicken in front of you don't mean you haffi nyam all of it and guzzle down di plaintain dem to'. Turn off the TV, stay off the football websites and go beach from June to end of July, then turn on the TV in August.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Good advice

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        Good advice
        I disagree!!!!!
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

i agree with your disagreement.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Catch a few MLS games but they are so hard to find like good "goal". I even find myself watching the US Amateur soccer finals last night.

Now is the time to catch upon some Lifetime show, some Dallas, etc with the wife because when the season start .........(a beat up mi chest)
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Catch a few MLS games but they are so hard to find like good "goal". I even find myself watching the US Amateur soccer finals last night.

Now is the time to catch upon some Lifetime show, some Dallas, etc with the wife because when the season start .........(a beat up mi chest)
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

What has happened to claims of footballers being overworked and needing a break?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

who cares about them??? mi overworked too .
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Me too - Just keeping up with this forum is Nuff Wuk!!
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                    X