Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/en_gb/

Name of the Group - JamaicaJamaica 50
    Sass - me want see battle with the Xman. That should shut somebody up for a while.

Dunny, it's about time you jumped in.

Open invite to all.
    Premier Fantasy 2012-13

By Dale Johnson
    ESPNsoccernet

Robin van Persie played exceptionally well last season but can he repeat that performance in 2012-2013?

Premier Fantasy is back for the new campaign - and we've been listening to our managers' wishes and brought in two new features which will transform the way you approach the game.
    Last season there was no way to gain any benefit from shrewd managerial moves, buying players cheap and then selling them on for a profit at the peak of their performance. This means players would be far more expensive than when a manager bought them. While there would be the points to show for it there was no other reward for picking out the bargains.
    We've changed the way our transfer market engine works for 2012-13, meaning if a player rises in value your budget will rise too. But beware, if you sign a player who fails to live up to their price tag and drops in value you can also lose money.
    It is important to note your allowed budget can only rise if you actually transfer that player, your budget will not change automatically purely with market price. Think of it this way: if you buy a house, you don't get any money for a rise in value unless you sell that house.
    So, if you buy Robin van Persie at £9.0 million and his price rises to £9.7 million, and you then choose to sell him, you will get an extra £0.7 million to spend on your squad.
    This will make the transfer market and the timing of your trades far more important, freeing up the cash to invest on players who would otherwise be out of your budget. Hanging on to players for too long could prove an error in your quest for glory.
    Our other major enhancement closes a loophole which some managers were exploiting last season with substitutes. Now you must rank your bench positions in order of preference, starting with the player to the left of the bench positions as first preference.
    The rule still applies that a sub can only come on for a player of the same position. But if, for instance, you have two defenders on the bench the top scoring player will no longer be activated first, it will now be the defender you choose to be ranked higher among subs.
    As in previous years, all managers can enter private leagues along with their friends - up to a maximum of three leagues per team. And each gameweek will lock at the first kickoff of the week. Games which are postponed and rearranged for any reason will qualify to score points in the week they are actually played.
    Before the first match of the Premier League season, and also prior to the first match of Segment 2, there will be a transfer amnesty meaning managers can make as many changes as they wish without it affecting their Segment allocation. Each manager will receive 20 transfers to use in Segment 1, and another 20 in Segment 2. Unused transfers will not carry over between segments and all budgets will be reset to £100 million at the start of Segment 2.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

i have no experience in fantasy football but now I might give it a try since my work load not taking up most of my evenings.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

always a first time and trust me, you should do much better than Xcuse. Last season, he refused to get rid of Andy Carroll.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        always a first time and trust me, you should do much better than Xcuse. Last season, he refused to get rid of Andy Carroll.
        You are one to talk.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post

Name of the Group - JamaicaJamaica 50
          Sass - me want see battle with the Xman. That should shut somebody up for a while.

Dunny, it's about time you jumped in.

Open invite to all.
          Premier Fantasy 2012-13

By Dale Johnson
          ESPNsoccernet

Robin van Persie played exceptionally well last season but can he repeat that performance in 2012-2013?

Premier Fantasy is back for the new campaign - and we've been listening to our managers' wishes and brought in two new features which will transform the way you approach the game.
          Last season there was no way to gain any benefit from shrewd managerial moves, buying players cheap and then selling them on for a profit at the peak of their performance. This means players would be far more expensive than when a manager bought them. While there would be the points to show for it there was no other reward for picking out the bargains.
          We've changed the way our transfer market engine works for 2012-13, meaning if a player rises in value your budget will rise too. But beware, if you sign a player who fails to live up to their price tag and drops in value you can also lose money.
          It is important to note your allowed budget can only rise if you actually transfer that player, your budget will not change automatically purely with market price. Think of it this way: if you buy a house, you don't get any money for a rise in value unless you sell that house.
          So, if you buy Robin van Persie at £9.0 million and his price rises to £9.7 million, and you then choose to sell him, you will get an extra £0.7 million to spend on your squad.
          This will make the transfer market and the timing of your trades far more important, freeing up the cash to invest on players who would otherwise be out of your budget. Hanging on to players for too long could prove an error in your quest for glory.
          Our other major enhancement closes a loophole which some managers were exploiting last season with substitutes. Now you must rank your bench positions in order of preference, starting with the player to the left of the bench positions as first preference.
          The rule still applies that a sub can only come on for a player of the same position. But if, for instance, you have two defenders on the bench the top scoring player will no longer be activated first, it will now be the defender you choose to be ranked higher among subs.
          As in previous years, all managers can enter private leagues along with their friends - up to a maximum of three leagues per team. And each gameweek will lock at the first kickoff of the week. Games which are postponed and rearranged for any reason will qualify to score points in the week they are actually played.
          Before the first match of the Premier League season, and also prior to the first match of Segment 2, there will be a transfer amnesty meaning managers can make as many changes as they wish without it affecting their Segment allocation. Each manager will receive 20 transfers to use in Segment 1, and another 20 in Segment 2. Unused transfers will not carry over between segments and all budgets will be reset to £100 million at the start of Segment 2.
          Jangle, i am having problems joining i am not sure what i am doing wrong or is it because i am in Europe. Unuh lucky cause i was gonna kick some butt!!

Comment

Got it, i'm in now. Where are the other guys then. Dem fraid fi get them head kick off?

Comment

The Group name is Jamaica Jamaica 50

Comment

Don't worry, yuh always have some stragglers who come in late then beg fi points. Xcuse I did not call your name so no badda start wid me.

Comment

Fantasy time, not long to go. Get your teams registered gents!!

Comment

Jangle, how do I rearrange my subs ?
                    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Sub in, then sub out until you get it right.

Comment

Jangle, this ESPN fantasy league is website is a nightmare, you really should have a look at the metro fantasy league to see how easy it is to navigate around the site. How the hell do you make transfers on this thing?

Comment

Reading and comprehending is lost on unuh black people.

Comment

You right, far too busy fi a read fine print LOL!

Comment

hehehe....me see seh yuh start run yuh mouth a'ready. Season just a start. Careful yuh don't fall in a the X-trap. this thing is a marathon and not a sprint.

Comment

Working...
                              X