Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National midfielder Richard Edwards joins Finnish Div.2 team

National midfielder Richard Edwards joins Division 2 team in Finland

Posted by Wayde Brown on 18/08/2012 at 6:11pm (Irie FM)

National midfielder and Harbour View captain Richard Edwards has joined Finland Division 2 club Mikkelin Pallo-ilijat.

Edwards who has 11 caps for the Jamaican senior team, will start in the club’s opening game of the Finnish D2 season on Sunday.

The hard-tackling midfielder had left the island on July 29 for a four week trial at Swedish Premier League club Assyrianska, but travelled across the border to Finland after he was not signed.

During his travels Edwards joined Guyanese club Alpha United on loan in May of this year where he won the local Premier League while also playing in the CFU Club Championship before returning home three weeks ago.

This season Edwards had 37 starts for Harbour View and was voted by his coaches

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Leave it up to you is all Mars Div II dem reach.. !

Comment

How old is he? By the way, what happened to those guys playing in Vietnam? Are they out of the national setup?
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

good for Edwards. Wish him all the luck.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Prisoners of War by now...

Comment

Could not happen to a more deserving guy.
            I prayed he would get a break. Hope he makes good.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X