The great tradition of Leeds United!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great tradition of Leeds United!

Growing up in the mid seventies as a Calabar youth watching 1st division ball from England on Jbc was as good as it ever got. During that time we saw, heard and knew about the greatness of Leeds United and now that Rudi Austin has been signed by them even though they are now in the championship League it is very exciting news, Moreso because I also know a little bit of the kind of player Austin is, a real true 'never say die' warrior in the real old style yard man from another era, hard, tough, fundamental and no complaining business.

When a yardman goes to Norway and adapts to Norweigian weather more than most Norweigians you know you have something special there. As opposed to some who go to other places and complain that the game is too physical in a game that is about being physical!!

Many do not realize that Leeds United is one of the elite clubs in the history of English football and especially so in the modern period which I will say starts in 1960. Since 1960 Leeds has been one of the most successful clubs in The English football association, only four teams have been more successful in that time, Manu, Lpool, Arsenal and Everton and tied with Leeds is Chelsea with three Epl/1st div championship trophies since 1960 with three titles. Here is looking forward to a great season where Rudi can really maximize his talent as a DM and If successful bring back and Cement that RB defense into an impregnable unit that will take us though the hex and beyond.

There is just something about The legend of Leeds that Suggests there is more than meets the eye and with Austin there this season I hope and wish him and Leeds the best of luck this season.

ohene who use to post here is a leeds man.....

Comment

Working...
    X