Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze Blue Weir Loving The Bridge

Posted on: Mon 03 Sep 2012

Jamaican Olympic sprint medallist and Chelsea fan Warren Weir was at Stamford Bridge on Monday, and spoke to the official website before enjoying a tour of the stadium.
    Weir, who picked up a bronze medal with a personal best 19.84 seconds after finishing behind compatriots Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake in the 200m last month, followed in his father's footsteps by choosing the Blues.
    'Playing FIFA back in the day I always liked to be Chelsea, and my favourite colour is blue,' said the 22-year-old. 'That added to the fact my father was a Chelsea fan meant I gravitated towards Chelsea. Some of my closest friends are Chelsea too.
    Speaking prior to his tour, Weir explained his medal at London 2012 completed the perfect few months.

'It's been a fantastic summer for me and for Chelsea too, and a really special season for both of us,' said the 22-year-old. 'My expectations coming to the Olympics in London were high, to know I was ranked near the top made me confident, but when I got the medal the feeling was even better.
    'It's now coming into vacation time for me, and work time for Chelsea, and I am hoping we can retain the two titles in the FA Cup and Champions League, but also regain that number one spot in the Premier League.
    'I haven't seen inside yet but Stamford Bridge is a lovely stadium from the outside, it's pretty awesome.'
    Third place in the Olympics, Weir had to make do with finishing behind friend and team-mate Bolt, who is a Manchester United fan.
    'Whenever our sides are playing against each other we are both hoping for the bragging rights and for our teams to win, but apart from on matchday we are good friends,' he commented.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Tilla how tings; good while nuh see nor hear. Watch out fi dis yute nex Olympics. Everybaddy in NY ah say wait till him get more body.

Comment

Working...
    X