RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

forumites... the hex looms... where do we go from here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we need two more defender as Jermaine Taylor can cover any of the center and right back. We need cover for Demar.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes sir, that is it!

Comment

We played badly and won against the US. Do not forget the USA also played poorly. It would not be about our planning properly if we merely live at 'hope'. ...we need improved TEAM performances more than we need new players.

Even if we bring in a new X1 with individuals with greater individual ability and lousy TEAMplay we shall not be well served. What I have seen of these individuals - Gold Cup through the World Cup qualifying rounds just ended - suggests if we can make TEAM we shall be best performers in the Hex.

Let me list on our TEAM faults:
        #1 - giving the ball to our opponents!!!

#2 - poor finishing!!!

#3 - our players do not consciously work to 'set-up' our strikers and other players!!!

#4 - defensively, all our plays not work on this area every time we lose the ball!! We cannot afford to play '1 or 2 short'! The quality TEAMs in the Hex each will not allow us that luxury.

Make unit that plays TEAM. We win!!!
        Currently we do not play as TEAM right throughout game. Do that we qualify!!! ...there is enough time to make TEAM.

Example - Things TEAM much better: -
        a) Pass the ball to Lue's feet! ...do not give him passes where he will have to enter a 'foot race' an opponent. That would be nonsense move!!!

b) Pass the ball 'early' ...such that as far as and as often as possible the TEAMmate receives the ball 'with God only by his side'. i.e. help TEAMmate and TEAM to - i) avoid being shutdown or takled; ii) give TEAMmate time without pressure to make decisions and passes; iii) on goalscoring chances allow TEAMmates time in which to be composed and deliberate (clear headed thinking) on execution.

iv) The ball is what this game is all about - attack it at and on every occasion that it can be done. Hey getting to the ball first is 99% of the battle. ...we all know that without the ball no goals can be scored for or against us!

Yup! - The players have the necessary quality to make us a TEAM Reggae Boyz. So far we do not have a TEAM. Sure we can put together TEAMplay that got us goal #4 against Antigua and Barbuda...(What was it, 5 good passes, inclusive of Hue's excellent searching ball and Dane Richards' world-class runa dn finish?)...but our series of passes needed to be consistently above 8 strung together and at times stretching into the 20s. We can do it if we pass early and deliver to the recipient with 'God only by side' (...and just on chance I am not understood - the passes indulged in by BoyU's, GUNNERS', ManCity's and Chelsea's TEAMs whereby 1-time pass when the receiver is between 2 defenders are also GOD ONLY BY SIDE passes as the receiver has time to deliver accurately as support is available in/with 'bunches' of options. ...so MOVE and PASS, PASS and MOVE must be the order of the day! We have the players who can do it! It just takes committment and 'selfishness' for TEAM!!! Each player honours self by embracing love of TEAM (...and TEAMmates!). We can do it!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We played badly and won against the US. Do not forget the USA also played poorly. It would not be about our planning properly if we merely live at 'hope'. ...we need improved TEAM performances more than we need new players.

Even if we bring in a new X1 with individuals with greater individual ability and lousy TEAMplay we shall not be well served. What I have seen of these individuals - Gold Cup through the World Cup qualifying rounds just ended - suggests if we can make TEAM we shall be best performers in the Hex.

Let me list our TEAM faults:
          #1 - giving/gifting the ball (possession) to our opponents!!!

#2 - poor finishing!!!

#3 - our players do not consciously work to 'set-up' our strikers and other players!!!

#4 - defensive - all our players do not work on this area every time we lose the ball!! We cannot afford to play '1 or 2 short'! The quality TEAMs in the Hex each will not allow us that luxury.

Make unit that plays TEAM. We win!!!
          Currently we do not play as TEAM right throughout game. Do that, we qualify!!! ...there is enough time to make TEAM.

Example - Things TEAM must do much better: -
          a) Pass the ball to Lue's feet! ...do not give him passes where he will have to enter a 'foot race' with an opponent. That would be nonsense move!!!

b) Pass the ball 'early' ...such that as far as, and as often as possible the TEAMmate receives the ball 'with God only by his side'. i.e. help TEAMmate and TEAM to - i) avoid being shutdown or tackled; ii) give TEAMmate time without pressure to make decisions and passes; iii) on goalscoring chances allow TEAMmates time in which to be composed and deliberate (clear headed thinking) on execution.

iv) The ball is what this game is all about - attack it at and on every occasion that it can be done. Hey getting to the ball first is 99% of the battle. ...we all know that without the ball no goals can be scored for or against us!

Yup! - The players have the necessary quality to make us a TEAM Reggae Boyz. So far we do not have a TEAM. Sure we can put together TEAMplay that got us goal #4 against Antigua and Barbuda...(What was it, 5 good passes, inclusive of Hue's excellent searching ball and Dane Richards' world-class run and finish?)...but our series of passes need to be consistently above 8 strung together and at times stretching into the 20s (Surely there was no one thinking we should also have plays ending with less than 8 passes? Surely no one is out there thinking I am saying there could not be excellent plays with only 2 passes? /Thank you!). We can do it if we pass early and deliver to the recipient with 'God only by side' (...and just on chance I am not understood - the passes indulged in by BoyU's, GUNNERS', ManCity's and Chelsea's TEAMs whereby 1-time pass when the receiver is between 2 defenders are also GOD ONLY BY SIDE passes as the receiver has time to deliver accurately as support is available in/with 'bunches' of options. ...so MOVE and PASS, PASS and MOVE must be the order of the day! We have the players who can do it! It just takes committment and 'selfishness' for TEAM!!! Each player honours self by embracing love of TEAM (...and TEAMmates!). We can do it!!!
          Last edited by Karl; October 21, 2012, 05:01 PM.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Listen I don't believe it cr is always better than you think, our reord against them is testament to that, I personally would have been counting my eggs if panama and cr were out, that would have been lovely, truth is cr plays a better brand of ball than us consistently over the years and we use speed and strength advantage their and panama typically matches our advantages which for some reason we can't respond adequately to beat them.

Comment

Depth, we need depth our lineup is very skinny beyond our starters.

Comment

correct!

we need to beef up the starting 11 as well as to add depth.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                  is it just as simply add a forward and a right back... i dont know... from what i see, i am thinking more along the lines of player discipline (not behavioral)... adhering to a team philosophy of possession play... passing, support through movement, looking for the additional pass, playing in space, defending as a team etc... i see that in spurts but not nearly enough... not sure just adding 2 players will accomplish that objective...

what says the forumites...
                  Pan pint, Baddaz!!

Comment

It would be nice to be able to get that elusive attacking mid so many are searching for but bottom line for this campaign we need some combat hardened troops that have fought many battles on the pro level.

Comment

...well I believe you would pivot to say we need both - TEAM and a beef-up of our depth. I took the position of saying we need improved TEAMplay more than new players!

Proof of that is I am calling for best use of Hue, not his exclusion...and you know my take on his lack of effort on defense (we are playing '1 short' there!!!)...and that he cannot give FULL 100 of what we need from each player i.e. he is too slow!!! and that is decidedly negative!!!
                      Last edited by Karl; October 21, 2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Yes, yes and yes to first paragraph.

Comment

To ensure we get to Brasil we need to strengthen all facets of the team. Tappa has done a great job of putting in a system, when have we ever seen the team play with such discipline and organization, a few key additions of more talented players will see us through to Brasil. I would like a right back, Cummings from Reading could help, a left winger, McAnuff, a central mid, Dawkins might fit the bill, another winger, McCleary from Reading can play at either wing, and a striker, Hoilett if he is committed to the cause. In addition I would bring back discards such as Humphrey, King (if he is committed), Fuller, Stewpeas, K. Kelly, Elliot (when fit and in form again), and Ricketts.

Obviously, we would only call up a player when he is fit and in form..but all of those players should know that they are critical to us getting to Brasil.

Karl, you need to recognize that the other team has an impact on how you play in the game.

Comment

Our record suggest that we are even. C Rica, beat us once since Tappa take over, lose once and three draws.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                              To ensure we get to Brasil we need to strengthen all facets of the team.
                              More TEAM!

Tappa has done a great job of putting in a system, when have we ever seen the team play with such discipline and organization, a few key additions of more talented players will see us through to Brasil. I would like a right back, Cummings from Reading could help, a left winger, McAnuff, a central mid, Dawkins might fit the bill, another winger, McCleary from Reading can play at either wing, and a striker, Hoilett if he is committed to the cause. In addition I would bring back discards such as Humphrey, King (if he is committed), Fuller, Stewpeas, K. Kelly, Elliot (when fit and in form again), and Ricketts.

Obviously, we would only call up a player when he is fit and in form..but all of those players should know that they are critical to us getting to Brasil.
                              I am Tappa Full 100 supporter...but he has not done nearly enough. Good so far - Caribbean Championship! Semi-final Gold Cup/1 match away from Gold Cup Finals and The HEX/CONCACAF World Cup final round....but I am greedy. Need excellent TEAM! Clear evidence we are moving more rapidly towards TOP OF THE WORLD.

Karl, you need to recognize that the other team has an impact on how you play in the game.
                              Boss, that song I have been singing for umpteen years.
                              You have not been listening - (towards) TOP OF THE WORLD! ...2nd form opponents! ...and many other utterances that show appreciation for differences on performance the type/quality/technical and tactical level class of opponents shall have on individual player's quality of play and our collection of players' (euphemistically called our TEAM) displayed quality.

Remember, Mosiah and another forumite 'nyam mi hup' for doing comparison on quality opponents as level play climbs as it relates to my assessment on Hue's play?

One thing you cannot fault me for is 'the other team's impact on performance'. You may disagree with my assessment(s) but not with my always judging individuals and TEAMs quality play vs the various oppositions quality play. Hey...if you must use a T&F analogy our 11 sec. 100M walk must be encouraged to attain Usain's 9.00 change sprint! Hue and Our Boyz may have looked great vs Antigua and Barbuda but the quality they shall face in the Hex, including that to be faced against the USA, will be a mighty step up from that lousy quality we faced in the just concluded round.
                              Last edited by Karl; October 21, 2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

semi final of which Gold Cup ?
                                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
                                X