Cavalier 0 - Reggae Boyz 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavalier 0 - Reggae Boyz 1

Lamar Nelson scored a wicked 25 meter shot to give the Reggae Boyz a 1 nil victory over Cavalier.

Cavalier did well against their more fancied guests.

Once again, the Reggae Boyz used two teams, one in each half. Maestro played in the second half and I was not able to watch the entire thing. But what I did see in 15 minutes reinforced, once again, what I have always thought about Maestro. There is simply no one this side of Barcelona with his passing genius.

We are not worthy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Amen my brotha. I'm a believer.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The real test for Hue is coming SHORTLY.

I hope he does very well.

His opponents won't know who he is-- so they will not be awed by him... like the local lads. ....
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

How did the others play? team as a whole?

Comment

Mattocks finally showed up for training the other day. His MLS season has been finished for a while and some were wondering why he wasn't there. Tappa said he would be patient and see what his story is.

I have heard reports that Mattocks seems to be on a holiday, so don't let's blame Tappa if he is not selected for the Caribbean Cup. Saw about 15 minutes of him today and I have nothing special to report. There was a scary moment with Mattocks when he was viciously kicked by one of Cavalier's players. However, the Cav player seems to have come out the worse from it and Mattocks appears to be alrite.

On the other hand, Demar Phillips was his usual busy self, making runs forward and taking shots. Bibi will have a hard time getting back his usual spot. However, they were using them in the left back and left midfield positions interchangeably. Not sure if that's what they'll settle with.

Some others need to step it up. I expect much more from them.

Seems as if some will take a while to get used to Maestro's passes. Maestro needs to keep delivering them same way, and not dumb it down for some of our players.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

To be honest, it was quite disappointing. At one point, Cavalier was using about 7 U21 players and yet the Boyz were unable to take control of the game.

I only saw the goal on TV and it was a screamer. But while there, only Tuffy looked close to getting a goal, heading wide on two occasions. He looked offside on both. Despite Maestro's perfect passes, no one seemed likely to score.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo Mattocks was injured and had to be taken off in his last game in the play offs in the game against LA. So let us not jump to conculsion on that. It could be holiday or he could have been advised to rest.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I would think that he would have at least let the coach know that, if that is the case.

I hope there is a valid excuse because is the same holiday behaviour him carry on with in preparation for the Under 23 tournament.

Comment

I don't know about the communication part but I know he was injured then. It was a while ago and if for any other reason he should be punished.

Los Angeles Galaxy beat Vancouver Whitecaps in playoff
                  Published on Friday November 02, 2012

Galaxy Whitecaps

Jae C. Hong/The Associated Press Omar Gonzalez, left, of the L.A. Galaxy and Barry Robson of the Whitecaps battle for the ball in the first half of Thursday night's MLS playoff game.

Monte Stewart
                  The Canadian Press

CARSON, CALIF.—The Vancouver Whitecaps saw their Major League Soccer season end Thursday night with a 2-1 playoff loss to the Los Angeles Galaxy.
                  Landon Donovan’s penalty-kick goal in the 73rd minute gave the defending champion Galaxy a come-from-behind win at the Home Depot Center.
                  L.A., which finished fourth in the Western Conference, will now meet the first-place San Jose Earthquakes in a two-game, total-goals series.
                  Mike Magee also scored for Los Angeles. Darren Mattocks scored Vancouver’s lone goal.
                  The Whitecaps posted just three victories in the second half of the 34-game MLS regular season, but looked like they would pull off a major upset after Mattocks scored early.
                  L.A. had earned home-field advantage in the do-or-die game by finishing fourth in the Western Conference. The Whitecaps placed fifth, getting into the playoffs as a result of a Seattle victory over Dallas.
                  Donovan was awarded the spot kick after Whitecaps second-half substitute Martin Bonjour knocked him down from behind. The foul came just a minute after Bonjour entered the game for injured captain Jay DeMerit.
                  Magee tied the game in the 69th minute as he volleyed a cross behind Vancouver goalkeeper Brad Knighton from the centre of the 18-yard box.
                  L.A. pressed several times in the first half, but the scoring attempts were either thwarted by timely Vancouver defensive plays, including a number of blocked shots, or saves by Knighton.
                  Mattocks opened the scoring in just the fourth minute. Midfielder Matt Watson broke down the left flank with the ball and put a slight-angle pass back to Mattocks in the middle of L.A.’s 18-yard box. The Jamaican striker then put a low shot into the right corner of the Galaxy net.
                  The goal was the first Whitecaps’ first-ever goal against the Galaxy at the Home Depot Center. Vancouver had gone seven games without an away goal before then.
                  Mattocks left the game in the 59th minute with an apparent leg injury. Scottish striker Kenny Miller, who has come under criticism for his lack of scoring, took his place.
                  After Donovan scored, Whitecaps assistant coach Paul Ritchie was ejected for heckling referee Siliviu Petrescu from the bench.
                  Lakers point guard Steve Nash, a Whitecaps minority owner, did not attend the game as planned. The Victoria native is recuperating from a leg contusion sustained Wednesday against the Trail Blazers in Portland.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    [I]I don't know about the communication part but I know he was injured then.
                    Well, clearly there was a communication problem on the part of the player because Tappa did not know.

My reference to a holiday had nothing with him showing up for training late. It has to do with the attitude that Me speaks about where he thinks national training is not something to take seriously, like he can't wait to jump in his Bimmer and go off to wherever it is he goes off to.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Show me exactly where I was jumping to conclusions.

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mo needs to learn that he wont be taking seriously on reports if he dont stop over hyping Jermaine.. I am assuming they were 21 other players there.

Comment

When you clean the football boots for someone for so long it is hard to let go.

Mo is a man who say Tappa disappear from a game, in a game when the defenders were bypassing him. Then in the next one that Hue play in, him say the man never disappear, is the defenders bypassing him.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                            mo needs to learn that he wont be taking seriously on reports if he dont stop over hyping Jermaine.. I am assuming they were 21 other players there.
                            OJ, that's no longer important to me. Just listening to spectators in the stands call for the coach to put on Jermaine Hue is enough for me. My work is done!

I have not given full reports because I don't want to give bad reviews on individual players. So, I have limited the reports to say who played well.

So, we should get from this that they are not looking so convincing at all. It's hardly my fault that Maestro continues to impress, every time he's on the field. I think he's playing a little more defence than he normally does, but you all should know I don't give a damn about that! The defenders are not doing much better!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Whateva, Me!

Fast forward to 2012!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X