Boyz lacked motivation in surprise defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyz lacked motivation in surprise defeat

EEP BAY, Antigua --- Assistant Reggae Boyz coach Alfredo Montesso says a lack of motivation contributed to the team’s shock 2-1 defeat to French Guiana in their CFU Caribbean Championship opener at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Stadium Saturday night.

“It’s very difficult to leave a competition like the World Cup qualification and achieve what we have in qualifying for the next stage and jump in this competition and bring the same motivation that we had,” said the Brazilian.

Montesso countered a school of thought that the team’s less than desirable performance and the end result were due to a shortage of commitment on the players’ part.

“I don’t think it’s a lack of commitment because many of these players broke their vacation after a tough season… they gave up everything to play for the team,” he said on Sunday.

The Brazilian, who worked alongside his countryman Rene Simoes during the Road to France campaign, said that although the team lost the game, there were many positives to take away from it.

One bright spark according to Montesso was inclusion of World Cup veteran Ricardo ‘Bibi’ Gardner who made a solid return after a three-year absence from the Reggae Boyz fold.

“In the second half after the first goal I believe the team played better when Ricardo Gardner got in the game with a good position in the midfield, moving the ball around with quality passes. He brings a lot of quality to the team,” Montesso noted.

He also singled out Preston North End’s Keammar Daley, who was coming back after being starved of playing time at his English club. “We know the quality that Keammar Daley can put in, and I think he brought more creativity to the midfield, he found the space to put the ball, and I think once he picks up the match pace, he will contribute much more to the team,” the Brazilian told Jamaican reporters here.

Jamaica, after Saturday night’s loss, face a must-win against Martinique on Monday if they are to revive hopes of defending their title. That game kicks off at 7:00 pm (6:00 pm Jamaica time) at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Stadium.

French Guiana tackle Cuba in the curtain-raiser at 5:00 pm, one hour ahead of Jamaica time.

Jamaica and Cuba are at the bottom of Group B without a point, while the two French-speaking countries French Guiana and Martinique are tied at the top with thee points each after one round of matches.

The four semi-finalists of the two-group, eight-team tournament will book automatic places to the CONCACAF Gold Cup to be held in the USA next summer.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz2Eb5ZSWLj
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Interesting what assistant Reggae Boyz coach Alfredo Montesso said and also what he did not say!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

lack of motivation ? Well it seems that this team would be playing for places on the squad to the HEX, with at least 9 overseas players waiting in the wings to get in the squad. If that doesn't motivate them to play with purpose then we salt !!!!

At best our NPL champion team should be able to beat the FG team that we played.
      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Listen, this is same kind of thing he said when we lost to Guat in Guat City.

When you see players come into a game and lack motivation and get up and go that is on the coaching staff, you have to make sure your guys are prepared to charge the hill regardless of where the hill is.

In this case the first game of the Cfu, now we in another hole that need some serious climbing out of.

If you are a coach and you cannot motivate team to meet the moment you are wasting your time.

Why is he even talking about Keamar like that, talk about false hope and expectations, Keamar need to lift up Keamar, these guys continue to make out that Keamar is something extra special, maybe he is but let him stake that claim by his play and production and nothing else, you can't make talent produce, talent have to realize that at the end of the day they have to want it bad enough to suffer for it, it will make the success taste better if it ever gets to that.

Comment

This post is particularly silly...even by your lofty standards
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Don 1 as I have said before you have nothing constructive to say about anything.

There is no manager in their right mind who would build up a player at the expense of others on a team especially where there is no record of production from said player, worker at that level.

It makes no sense, it is building false hope and putting attention on someone that is struggling to move forward in the right direction. What could possibly be the point of focusing on Keamar at this point.

Why would he say that the team had a motivation type issue, same thing he said in the Guat game. If any team i manage or anybody i work with say that the team lacks motivation the first person i look at is the manager including myself, there is no way i would say that motivation is an issue as an excuse of why the team lost. Don1 give me something real and not just a diss, those are two very real issues that should not be just tossed out.

Comment

Excellent point Twan, the reason why they are not motivated is there is no clear expectation of what they must achieve to make the hex squad, anybody who never played prehex should be playing lights out to cement their place but the competitive structure needed to make that happen is clearly not in place.

Comment

Deconstructing Stoni and his Primacy of a Null Hypothesis

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                Don 1 as I have said before you have nothing constructive to say about anything.

There is no manager in their right mind who would build up a player at the expense of others on a team especially where there is no record of production from said player, worker at that level.

It makes no sense, it is building false hope and putting attention on someone that is struggling to move forward in the right direction. What could possibly be the point of focusing on Keamar at this point.

Why would he say that the team had a motivation type issue, same thing he said in the Guat game. If any team i manage or anybody i work with say that the team lacks motivation the first person i look at is the manager including myself, there is no way i would say that motivation is an issue as an excuse of why the team lost. Don1 give me something real and not just a diss, those are two very real issues that should not be just tossed out.
                Ok Stoni here are some real issues to contemplate:

1. Montesso has very significant & objective advantages over you informing his commentary:

a. He actually saw the game...you have not
                b. He is in private communication & communion with the players...you are not. (Unless you have engaged your spiritual mode )
                c. Consequently he would have some idea what particular players need re motivation (as well as the team's needs)...you would not. His information on the matter is complete....yours is beyond sketchy.
                d. You refer to comments Montesso made after the Guatemala loss. This does not support your argument unfortunately. After that situation the RBoyz scored 4 on Antigua and qualified for the Hex
                e. What you do have working for you are very remote personal opinions and a sometimes quixotic theory.

This is is not a great basis to give your rather definitive views on the coach's statement re Daley much credence ...unless one is already predisposed to a similar view.

2. Regarding your general critique of players in this and other threads:

a. We recall again that you have still NOT seen the latest game
                b. Having NOT seen the game you still, IMMEDIATELY ascribe blame (actual or implied) for the defeat to "local players" and those like Daley who in your view have "failed" at the pro level... i.e. Players you have stated don't belong in the team (having not satisfied your various criteria)
                c. Further...you have the cojones to actually analyze the game you have NOT seen...even describing aspects of the play...simply amazing paranormal abilities!!
                d. The conclusion here Stoni is that your null hypothesis or default position is one which you seek to justify at all costs...you wait neither for data nor any empirical evidence. So sure are you of your correctness that you're willing to invent your own factoids

You will agree Stoni that scientists observe phenomena and then develop a theory which they hope would explain it....not the other way around

I submit to you Stoni...your approach in this matter is closer to Bedwardism than to the Scientific Method

Selah
                Last edited by Don1; December 10, 2012, 09:05 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Stoni has the stats. That's all that really matters.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                    “It’s very difficult to leave a competition like the World Cup qualification and achieve what we have in qualifying for the next stage and jump in this competition and bring the same motivation that we had,” said the Brazilian.

Comment

coaching staff should take all the blame. The used no winger and no defensive mid until Bibi came on the field. I don't know what they were trying.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Again, same thing, Don1 your comments are driven around me and not the issue at hand.

This is a Reggae Boyz supporters site so what do we do we talk about every conceivable thing with Rbz. All the things you mention basically strip down to drivel as in every case we talk about things we don't have all the information on we talk about how the various political parties when in power do this and that, we don't have the first hand information, but we read newspaper we see what is going on and we also see what they say they are going to do and tree is a mismatch there just like we see with the boyz selection, formation and consequent play.

Same thing here, we read what others say and pull together common threads, we look at the starting 11, which by the way a thread was started on the weakness of the side named before the game, that is no great power, that is someone who has been watching the team, know the players, know the weakness of the players and can see that in combination there would be issues.

Again you play into my hands, not only do you not use stats and material evidence in your method of evaluation but you are also now saying that you can't use knowledge acquired to forecast and analyze strengths and weaknesses and thus consequent performance, much as i have showed exactly what happened and 'me' the poster has backed that up by clearly saying there was a definitive weakness in giveaways with hue and Daley in the middle and then the quick counter by fg with a sow reacting defense caused at least one of the goals.
                        Weakness is weakness you don't have to see the game to know the outcome if you have strong knowledge of the subject.

So again I don't know what you use to identify and select your team, but if it ain't stats, objective performance and using that to project potential results then I am wasting my time talking to you. Which I suspect was always the case as your issue as seen in post above is condescending remarks and personal snipes.
                        Btw you once told me you were a de la vega man when I suspected that you attended a upper Liguanea school, you denied it then and now on your ID picture you have said school building, so why are you fabricating such stories, just talk the truth!
                        Anyway if it make you happy, enjoy it!

Comment

Morrison was the defensive midfielder as he always is. You mean him never have a crunching tackler beside him.

Comment

=Stonigut;395315]Again, same thing, Don1 your comments are driven around me and not the issue at hand.

This is a Reggae Boyz supporters site so what do we do we talk about every conceivable thing with Rbz. All the things you mention basically strip down to drivel as in every case we talk about things we don't have all the information on we talk about how the various political parties when in power do this and that, we don't have the first hand information, but we read newspaper we see what is going on and we also see what they say they are going to do and tree is a mismatch there just like we see with the boyz selection, formation and consequent play.
                            Ok...but this does not explain how you need no info other than a score to offer an analysis of a game you did not see

Same thing here, we read what others say and pull together common threads, we look at the starting 11, which by the way a thread was started on the weakness of the side named before the game, that is no great power, that is someone who has been watching the team, know the players, know the weakness of the players and can see that in combination there would be issues.
                            Ok...but this does not explain how you can offer analyses of players you openly concede you have not seen play

Again you play into my hands, not only do you not use stats and material evidence in your method of evaluation but you are also now saying that you can't use knowledge acquired to forecast and analyze strengths and weaknesses and thus consequent performance, much as i have showed exactly what happened and 'me' the poster has backed that up by clearly saying there was a definitive weakness in giveaways with hue and Daley in the middle and then the quick counter by fg with a sow reacting defense caused at least one of the goals.
                            You choose to believe the report or opinion that supports your thesis... a very common ploy. It's notable that when Montesso singled out Daley for some amount of praise or support you sprang into attack mode
                            Why?? I suppose that's because his statement doesn't support your argument or belief....no worries... that's an understandable reaction

Weakness is weakness you don't have to see the game to know the outcome if you have strong knowledge of the subject.
                            It could also be a sign of paranormal powers

So again I don't know what you use to identify and select your team, but if it ain't stats, objective performance and using that to project potential results then I am wasting my time talking to you. Which I suspect was always the case as your issue as seen in post above is condescending remarks and personal snipes.
                            Sorry you feel that way... I'll understand if you choose not to respond to my posts

BTW..I don't select teams

Btw you once told me you were a de la vega man when I suspected that you attended a upper Liguanea school, you denied it then and now on your ID picture you have said school building, so why are you fabricating such stories, just talk the truth!
                            Anyway if it make you happy, enjoy it!
                            This is a curious issue to attack me with Stoni

You appear delusional....or maybe punch drunk with this stuff.

If by De La Vega you mean Spain Town/St. Catherine area, I told you nothing of the sort. In fact I told you nothing at all on this issue.

As to schooling, I don't recall any exchange with you on that.... nor can I conceive of denying my school

Kindly provide evidence of your claim of mendacity on my part.

If you cannot please withdraw the charge

Thanks in advance
                            Last edited by Don1; December 10, 2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Stoni has the stats. That's all that really matters.
                              I think Stoni has a lot more than stats... nuff powers

Comment

Working...
                              X