RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panic Football Again! This time it's reversed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panic Football Again! This time it's reversed.

In the past, we have called Jermaine Hue only when elimination was staring us in the face.

This time, he's again called when things were looking grim for our World Cup campaign. But he is kicked to the curb when we were about to go home early from the lowly Caribbean Cup.

More panick football! How in heaven's name were we going to score two clear goals against Cuba when there is nobody on the team who can send a forward pass?

We panicked thinking that his defensive liabilities was what was holding us back.

Unnu lissen mi good - if Jermaine Hue does not play in the HEX, look for us to be eliminated by July. I can guarantee that. Is either him, or someone better, and right now, there ain't no better!

Mi done talk! (fi now!)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I would think, it is a case of damned if you do (play him)!
    ...and maybe not if you don't!

It was not a case of missing midfield why we were torn apart. Lest we forget Hue played in this tournament.

It was a case of each individual playing poorly...and so did each X1!

It was poor technical skills, poor movement and passing, few attempts on goal...and maybe of those attempts 2 or so good ones.

The individual quality and the team quality displayed was just '****-poor'! The results were deserved! Hue was as bad as...or let us be positive, no better than the rest! Christ? ...according to a previous post even Hue acknowledged he was poor!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Hue said he did not play well in the first match. He also thought the team did not play well. Is he allowed a poor game from time to time?

I thought he did very well in the second match. Not his fault if the receiver miscontrolled or otherwise did not know what the hell to do when he got the ball.

Class is class! How do you replace Maestro with...with whomever in midfield and hope for anything posiltive to happen?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Played well in 2nd match?
        Well blow me down!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Think not!

All I am saying is, I am happy I watched it for myself!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Everybody who went on that plane to Antigua from Tappa right down need to look into themselves.

It is not ok because Hue said he never played well and all the excuses all the others have. WE STUNK UP THE PLACE. Nobody should get a free pass or can even think of a starting spot after how we played. We were woeful going forward.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Look Hue is in the squad.
              He is a great (Yup...I meant great!) passer of the ball.
              He is awfully slow. It is for his TEAMmates and the coaching staff - (as they should do for all other players...afterall it is about TEAM) - to play to his strength/make best use of his talent. - (Why the hell pick him if his talents are not going to be maximized?).

He must when we have the ball always...ALWAYS...find himself in space and the ball must...MUST...always when sent to him find his feet (at least 99.999+% of the time)!!! It is the job of his TEAMmates to do just that.

Once he receives the ball he must immediately use it well!

It must be that he sets the tone and tempo of play. He must impose himself on proceedings. ...anytime he is not doing that he is failing!

Just as the other players must know how best to use him...so he must know how best to use the other players. Unfortunately...or put another way as designated 'conductor' of 'how the TEAM does/'goes' he has not got the choice of being only as good as our poor players. He has to be superior player.

He has to be superior at reading the game (tactics), passing & moving/moving & passing (which are bound together as inseparable) and at 'touch' (technical ability). Hue to compensate for his lack of pace and defensive liability must have pass rate success that is above 80% (Wish it were in the 90+% range).

Unfair to him?
              If he is not making the TEAM better then what is the point?
              The group of players in each of the matches we saw could only produce good results/satisfactory results if when Hue was on the field, he 'controlled' proceedings!!! He imposed himself on proceedings and became efficient conductor.

*The same holds for Bibi! If they cannot give that type addition to the TEAM forget them. Although "Bibi'" is faster than Hue and should not play defense unless Philips is unavailable...but could be good switching with Hue in midfield.

It is players of Hue's passing calibre who could instill in the TEAM a 'passing game'/moving and passing...a sensible TEAM game. I am not saying that the TEAM with all fast players cannot play the passing game...I am saying that our pool of players needs, when Hue steps on the field, for him to play the role of incharge orchestrator!!! If he is not orchestrator he has failed!!!

The TEAM game is a hell of a thing. To play it well the individual player must know it is all about TEAM...know when to impose self on the game and when to just sit back as everything is working fine...then when everything is great know the need is to 'sit-in' and be that excellent bit player. ...in each of our matches everything was 'wacky' poor. Hue's performances were not good (for TEAM).

Sure we could say that each of the other players was 'wacky' poor...but you asked about Hue!!!
              Last edited by Karl; December 13, 2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                In the past, we have called Jermaine Hue only when elimination was staring us in the face.

This time, he's again called when things were looking grim for our World Cup campaign. But he is kicked to the curb when we were about to go home early from the lowly Caribbean Cup.

More panick football! How in heaven's name were we going to score two clear goals against Cuba when there is nobody on the team who can send a forward pass?

We panicked thinking that his defensive liabilities was what was holding us back.

Unnu lissen mi good - if Jermaine Hue does not play in the HEX, look for us to be eliminated by July. I can guarantee that. Is either him, or someone better, and right now, there ain't no better!

Mi done talk! (fi now!)

If Austin gets up to speed, we find another "box to box" mid, and McAnuff plays then there is no need for Hue. However, another Austin type player may not be in the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  It is not ok because Hue said he never played well...
                  Who said it was?!?!!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mi see you say "he said he never played well" a few times. Fire must be light under all a dem baxside right now. Now a them nuh deserve no starting spot.

They had a chance to prove themselves and they didn't. Including the coaching staff.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

damn this is a few months ago

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        damn this is a few months ago
                        Yuh his a baaaad man!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X