Carvel Stewart questions JFF's selection process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvel Stewart questions JFF's selection process

Carvel Stewart, president of HVFC and executive of the PLCA was guest speaker at the JN Masters Football League Awards function. This is an excerpt of his speech:

The actual report is up to 7 people coming. So I want to put somethings into context. So it means that automatically 7 locally developed players, both players who play here or play abroad, are going to be sidelined, immediately. Right. And the further context now is that two English-born players played in the qualifiers, in the semifinal, and I don’t have any quarrel with them because they came willingly and participated.

But what would that mean, with 7 other foreign players, we could have 9 players on the field for Jamaica at one time. We know the goalie is going to be locally developed, so is only one Jamaican, true Jamaican, going to be on the field. And I know people going to say that I am saying they are not true Jamaicans, but they are only Jamaican when them want to participate in this. We don’t see them all the while.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

True Jamaican have to step up on the field. Them get them chance the other day and nothing nuh gwaan.

If them did do the thing them mi woulda a ball say send back some a di pretty boot, but what a man to do after those losses?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So why dis claffy don't develop some local players then...wit him likkle claffy league?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Carvel Stewart, president of HVFC and executive of the PLCA was guest speaker at the JN Masters Football League Awards function. This is an excerpt of his speech:

The actual report is up to 7 people coming. So I want to put somethings into context. So it means that automatically 7 locally developed players, both players who play here or play abroad, are going to be sidelined, immediately. Right. And the further context now is that two English-born players played in the qualifiers, in the semifinal, and I don’t have any quarrel with them because they came willingly and participated.

But what would that mean, with 7 other foreign players, we could have 9 players on the field for Jamaica at one time. We know the goalie is going to be locally developed, so is only one Jamaican, true Jamaican, going to be on the field. And I know people going to say that I am saying they are not true Jamaicans, but they are only Jamaican when them want to participate in this. We don’t see them all the while.
        Well Carver, if you want to see "True Jamaicans" on the filed, you need to develop them. You clearly have not done your job so stop throwing stones until you no longer live in a "glass house".

Comment

We need to do what ever it takes to get to this World Cup, if it means taking the field with 11 UB40's so be it. Getting to the World Cup will have a knock on effect and would be a massive shot in the arm for local football in terms of revenue for the JFF and the exposure for Jamaican footballers in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            True Jamaican have to step up on the field. Them get them chance the other day and nothing nuh gwaan.

If them did do the thing them mi woulda a ball say send back some a di pretty boot, but what a man to do after those losses?
            It's refreshing to hear this coming from you Assasin. You are a reasonable man!

Man like Mosiah is entrenched with his views on slow-coach Hue. Hue must stick to pedestrian-style local football.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
              We need to do what ever it takes to get to this World Cup, if it means taking the field with 11 UB40's so be it. Getting to the World Cup will have a knock on effect and would be a massive shot in the arm for local football in terms of revenue for the JFF and the exposure for Jamaican footballers in general.
              No it won't...it will let us think we are doing something right and we will continue on this road to perdition...I want us to lose every game in the hex...

Comment

First step

Get politicians out of involvement in Jamaican football because they will do to the sport what they did to the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  No it won't...it will let us think we are doing something right and we will continue on this road to perdition...I want us to lose every game in the hex...
                  Surely the JFF must realize by now that grassroot football needs sorting so i expect the necessary programmes to be in place if we qualify.
                  The bottom line is that we need to qualify to be able to receive the revenue.

Comment

Second thing

Quality football fields. Jamaica needs quality football fields.

Comment

We qualified in 1998...we got money to build an academy...this is how far we have reached...a priddy pitcha:

Comment

Jamaica only hope is to use the UB40's, RSNPL players simply cannot step it up to the level required in the Caribbean, never mind the CONCACAF HEX
                        Wadadah (peace & love)

Comment

The fact is you have to give the local ballas a chance to grow and step up but when prime time come you have fi step up.

You ever play draft yet? Dem say "Huff, you fi tek yu tek"
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Jamaica's only hope is to develop players at home who can cut it on the international stage...when they get signed to European clubs we restock with a fresh group of youngsters...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              The fact is you have to give the local ballas a chance to grow and step up but when prime time come you have fi step up.

You ever play draft yet? Dem say "Huff, you fi tek yu tek"
                              IF the context is our youth development or home grown players stepping to national team exams (matches with the subject matter -
                              that was poorly taught) then boss the yute nah get a chance when yuh teach im 1 + 1 = 4...and di test demand di hansa 2! Wah di teaha jus duh wid di yute his sen im hout if get hembarraaased an im good fi nuh hee-ven kno seh im jsu get hembarraaaded!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X